Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does This Mean Todd Collins is Gone?

WizSkinsO's

Raiders. Al Davis wanted Saunders at HC before.

I was going to say the Raiders but they already have a first rounder in Russell. Al Davis does want the coach to resign. I'm sure it has someone in mind to replace him. Maybe it is his namesake Al Saunders. That leaves Russell out in the cold with a fat check. But that might not be a bad idea to give Collins the reigns for the two or three years he's got left in his career. That is a good system when executed properly.

BTW, I don't have confidence in Jason Campbell yet. I don't think his wide outs have confidence in him yet either. A new system will not make a difference if the QB lacks touch and accuracy on a consistent basis. Flashes of stardom will only leave us with michealwestbrookitis. I don't know if Lazor was a QB but Zorn might help Campbell with pocket presence which has a huge effect on the passing game. If Campbell doesn't get more confidence in the pocket, this offense will continue to suffer.

Yeah, seriously, thanks for everything TC and have a safe trip.

It's bad enough news to lose TC after the magic he pulled out of his hat for us this year.

Unfortunately it probably means adios to our favorite blogger Todd_Collins_15. Maybe he'll come back for guest blogs from his new destination.:(

To all the Collins haters just eat it, you been having crow since he has been here! that 3rd string beat the crap out of every QB on our team, Walk on as the best qb, how pathic were we.

Collins was only once asked to come from behind and win a game in his starts this year. The result was two pick sixes. He did a fine job filling in but as soon as he was pressured and had his timing thrown off he was in trouble and as a result made some very bad throws. It wouldn't have been as much of an issue if he was even semi-mobile, but he isn't even close to semi-mobile.

yes todd collins is gone, he is old and stuck in his ways with that offense.. HE will go t oa place that has a al saunders type offense so he has to learn minmul.

I dont think he will do well i na new system and i dont think a team has the patience to let him learn it... you are better off investing that time into someone young

Collins was only once asked to come from behind and win a game in his starts this year. The result was two pick sixes. He did a fine job filling in but as soon as he was pressured and had his timing thrown off he was in trouble and as a result made some very bad throws. It wouldn't have been as much of an issue if he was even semi-mobile, but he isn't even close to semi-mobile.

he's statue like..

just like bledsoe.

Do you guys really think that with Zorn in, Collins is gone? Does this mean that JC is our guaranteed starting QB again next season? Anyone else read this thread?

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235339

After reading that thread and this thread I'm confused as to what to get tomorrow. I already own 3 Premiers, a Portis, Cooley, and Moss. With the end of season sale starting tomorrow, I was going to buy my first authentic. Authentics with 75th patches have been cut from $305 to $199 for a while and are supposed to go down again with tomorrow's sale. I was going to get a Portis but some in the thread I linked say he will be gone next season. Should I get a Campbell? I just don't want my first Authentic jersey to be a player that is gone by the time next season starts. Any advice?

Yeah I'll stick with Portis. Plus he's from the U and I think was the closest player to ST when he was still with us. So it'll be fitting and look really awesome when I get one of those 21 Memorial Patches from eBay and put it on across from the 75th patch.

I want a 75th Authentic because those are the ones that will be seriously marked down with the sale. I'm pretty sure there are no more 75th Cooleys at the store and there are no Darrell Greens. ALL Darrell Greens with a 75th patch are knockoffs. He doesn't even play for us anymore so how could he have a 75th Anniversary jersey?

It is difficult to see a new Coach coming in, looking over our roster and Cap situation and saying "first order of business is to find a way to cut/trade Portis" .. having said that I have no idea what the new coaches thoughts are or for that matter what Synder/Cerrato's views are ... but I think that is unlikely

I always believed that TC was going to be overpaid by someone based on his performance, his total FA status and the quality of the other available QB candidates out there. He’ll be gone but it ultimately has nothing to do with Saunders leaving.

Archived