Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs Apology on Fox 5 in D.C.

Videla3

Did anyone catch Fox 5 this morning around 5:15 a.m. this morning? I was walking by the TV and didn't listen in time to turn up the volume. They were covering the sports headlines and had an icon of Joe Jackson with the title "Gibbs aplogizes".

I looked around on Fox's website and can't really find anything elsewhere and am really curious as to what this is about. In my opinon, there's nothing he could have done to apologize to the fans, but that just shows the integrity and selflessness of this man to always take the blame first before blaming someone else. But anyway...just wondering if anybody else saw it and can tell me what it was about.

HAIL

apologizing to the assistants...read here

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2008/01/coaching_info_skins_rebuffed_i.html

Former Coach Joe Gibbs began calling members of the staff today to update them on the coaching search, league sources said. Gibbs is telling the coaches that it could be several more weeks until a decision is made, apologized

for how this has left them unsettled and for the process taking longer than they had hoped.

Did anyone catch Fox 5 this morning around 5:15 a.m. this morning? I was walking by the TV and didn't listen in time to turn up the volume. They were covering the sports headlines and had an icon of Joe Jackson with the title "Gibbs aplogizes".

I looked around on Fox's website and can't really find anything elsewhere and am really curious as to what this is about. In my opinon, there's nothing he could have done to apologize to the fans, but that just shows the integrity and selflessness of this man to always take the blame first before blaming someone else. But anyway...just wondering if anybody else saw it and can tell me what it was about.

HAIL

It may have been a story on him apoligizing to all the coaches that were on his staff.

well, he should apologize... he is the one that left without any

kind of notice....ughhhhhh

his apologies have no merit right now..

He should be apologizing for leaving the team in this mess to begin with.

For the second time now.

Oh please. Everyone and their mother were under the assumption that Williams was evntually going to take over the reigns. It could've been a smooth transition.

No need to apologize.

He got these guys jobs that paid them more than they would have made anywhere else.

He had every right to retire when he did. Would they have been better off if he'd waited a couple months?

He is not Dan Snyder's keeper, and he is not the one jerking these coaches around.

Geez, the guy finally gets back to North Carolina with his family and racing team, and it's still up to him to clean up Danny's mess?

he does not need to apologize one bit. Here's why:

1. We all kinda saw it coming with the stress he has endured this seasonb etween his grandson and the death of Sean Taylor.

2. We assumed Gregg Williams could make a smooth transition to head coach.

Gibbs did the best thing for him by retiring, and he had every right to do so. Also, considering a smooth transition, think of how we thought Richie Petitbon, former DC, will continue the success of the franchise, and that of course did not happen at all.

He was coach and team president with a 5 year contract that he kept insisting he was going to fulfill... so, I could see that some of the coaches may be a bit put off. That said, Danny has made the mess and could have avoided the whole thing by giving GW his shot and a 2-3 year window to prove himself.....

well, he should apologize... he is the one that left without any

kind of notice....ughhhhhh

his apologies have no merit right now..

What does Gibbs have to apologize for? I seriously don't think he could foresee this fiasco of a coaching search. I'm not inside his head, but he probably thought the same thing we all did - smooth transition with GW as head coach.

He shouldn't be sorry for understanding that life is important and wanting to spend time with his family. That's what makes Gibbs who he is. I wish he would have stayed too, but I cannot blame him for stepping down. I thank him for coming back and giving this team respectability once again... if only for a short time.

Snyder needs to be a man and apologize to these coaches himself.

lol...so true, so true..this franchise is in a mess

No need to apologize.

He got these guys jobs that paid them more than they would have made anywhere else.

He had every right to retire when he did. Would they have been better off if he'd waited a couple months?

He is not Dan Snyder's keeper, and he is not the one jerking these coaches around.

Geez, the guy finally gets back to North Carolina with his family and racing team, and it's still up to him to clean up Danny's mess?

Joe Gibbs lays down his pearl before the swine. OTOH, maybe he will be guilty enough to come back.

You know I wonder if this isn't the reason why Snyder is causing this to be such a mess. Think about it, if he continues to upset his coaching staff, players, fans, and everyone else in general maybe he thinks Gibbs will swoop back in for one more year. Guilt is a powerful motivater to some.

I know, I know it is a crazy way to look at it but having been someone who has supported and defended Snyder in the past I now feel comfortable saying he seems to be one who could stoop to this level. :2cents:

Gibbs has nothing to apologize for. He returned to the team when he didn't have to, when it was in awful shaped and turned things around. He left with a team and coaching staff in place that were capable of going deep into the playoff and once again Snyder has screwed up everything. I gurantee the only reason he won't hire Gregg Williams is because him and Vinny don't get along well. How could they? Gregg Williams has a great football mind and Vinny is a joke. Vinny would be lucky to even have a job anywhere else in the NFL, much less making personnel decisions. Gibbs had every right to retire he's 67 and has a sick grandson family comes first.

Oh please. Everyone and their mother were under the assumption that Williams was evntually going to take over the reigns. It could've been a smooth transition.

Yes & yes.

However, had Gibbs retired just as Coach, stayed on as President, named GW as his new Coach, & then either retired or stayed on as President, there still would have been a smooth transaction. Now we're told that Joe's lobbying behind the scenes for GW while this fan frenzy & Media circus plays out.

Yes & yes.

However, had Gibbs retired just as Coach, stayed on as President, named GW as his new Coach, & then either retired or stayed on as President, there still would have been a smooth transaction. Now we're told that Joe's lobbying behind the scenes for GW while this fan frenzy & Media circus plays out.

...and if he'd fire Vinny or reglegate him to southeast college scout, hire Floyd Reese as GM, then we'd all be talking about who we are drafting next year and wheither or not we'll make the playoffs.

Archived