Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs Apology on Fox 5 in D.C.

Videla3

While I commend Gibbs for trying, the damage already has been done. This head coaching search has become a HUGE distraction for our scouts and assistants trying to get ready for the draft and free agency. We've run off quite a bit of potential candidates because of the circus this organization has become. Teams are even denying us permission to interview assistants or just given them hefty raises to keep them away from the Redskins.

Anyone who wants to think Gibbs ''left the team in good shape'' must be drinking the same kool aid as they do at Redskins Park. HOW does leaving a team high and dry and not even finishing out your contract ''good.'' When a new coach comes in, all that ''good feeling'' is history. I love my Redskins but I have 0 respect for Gibbs. He's a quitter. He ran out. Period.

While I commend Gibbs for trying, the damage already has been done. This head coaching search has become a HUGE distraction for our scouts and assistants trying to get ready for the draft and free agency. We've run off quite a bit of potential candidates because of the circus this organization has become. Teams are even denying us permission to interview assistants or just given them hefty raises to keep them away from the Redskins.

What he said.

Snyder should be the one talking to the coaches.

What he said.

Snyder should be the one talking to the coaches.

Gibbs was the guy who hired these guys, so he's the best person to talk to them. Snyder doesn't have a relationship with most of these guys, because they almost exclusively dealt with Gibbs. That's the way things were structured.

It is more than appropriate that Gibbs continues to be the interface during this transition.

Jason

Archived