Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Skins Denied Attempt at SD QB Coach, Process to Drag On... (Merged)

WizSkinsO's

Well, whomever gets the job (unless it's Williams) is going to have a tough time putting a staff together if teams keep blocking us.

Right. And to add to my earlier point--obviously Dan, Vinny and maybe Fassel have some eye for talent. Everyone they wanted is getting blocked or bigger contracts by their current team.

Looks like the only reason we dont have Fassil yet is the rest of the NFL blocked the coordinators he wanted. Thank you NFL!

On a more serious note, leave it to Gibbs to be the only one classy enough to get information to the current staff. 16 days without any information! Real nice.

Heres something to think about. With every team blocking our move, isnt it interesting that EVERY coach we are trying to get is some homegrown talent of another team, whos grooming them to become their own coordinator or head coach? Might be something we might want to think about... growing coaching talent from within, so we dont have to search league wide to find someone.

Looks like the only reason we dont have Fassil yet is the rest of the NFL blocked the coordinators he wanted. Thank you NFL!

On a more serious note, leave it to Gibbs to be the only one classy enough to get information to the current staff. 16 days without any information! Real nice.

Heres something to think about. With every team blocking our move, isnt it interesting that EVERY coach we are trying to get is some homegrown talent of another team, whos grooming them to become their own coordinator or head coach? Might be something we might want to think about... growing coaching talent from within, so we dont have to search league wide to find someone.

good point.

Seriously people....calm down. Breathe.. relax.

Maybe...just maybe...Greg Williams isn't really the answer and this coaching search needs to sift through some options.

I mean why not take your time and feel/try things out?

Rushing into anything is never good.

there's nothing wrong with being thorough

atleast Gibbs is still involved

Yeah, involved doing Danny's dirty work because he's too much of a ***** to do it himself. I don't understand how you just let your employees stew and don't say **** to them for that long and then have a man who just retired do it for you.

being in radio, if i was hired somewhere as a program director, i would be in charge of putting the staff together to work under me. i would have the options of either keeping the current announcers, or cutting them loose and finding announcers i want.

with that said, this egomaniac crap with snyder needs to stop.....i picture dan and vinny in their underwear, lying on the carpet drawing circles around people they would like to have work for them......MONEY CANNOT BUY CHAMPIONSHIPS......you would think we would learn that by now.......give gregg williams the reins, let him keep or fire who he wants, and if he doesn't do the job in the next year, cut him loose and grab bill cowher.......IT'S NOT THAT DARN HARD!!!!!!!!

Seriously people....calm down. Breathe.. relax.

Maybe...just maybe...Greg Williams isn't really the answer and this coaching search needs to sift through some options.

I mean why not take your time and feel/try things out?

Rushing into anything is never good.

There's a big difference between rushing and completely scuttling what you have built over four years while mentioning "continuity" fewer than three weeks ago.

Gibbs' departure came at a ****ty time. No talent is available and the team is fragile in its development because he didn't finish it. Just like he left us with an old team in '92, he left us with an unsure team in '08. How is not wanting to rush somehow synonymous with wanting a retread like Fassel who lost his Giants team on more than one occasion?

The more of this stuff that I hear, the more screwed I tink we are. I could have gotten behind a Fassel, Zorn, Ryan trio...but now, unless they wait and hire Spags or keep Williams and current staff...things are going to be really ugly next year. If what people say is true...Williams might not even take the job now...Whos left realistically?

Precisely my thought. This smells to me like Gibbs was seeing how little information the guys he hired were getting, and figured he had to be the one to fix it because the organization wouldn't.

To me this means that the team has already written off the current staff. You don't treat them this way unless that's the case.

Man, I hate to be all "conspiracy theory," but part of me thinks that this is Snyder's way of paying back Gibbs for leaving unexpectedly, and also--perhaps--his way of maybe getting Gibbs to return. I can just see Snyder thinking to himself, "you left me at the altar, Joe, and know I'm going to a) make you consider coming back and/or B) make people put this on you for quitting unexpectedly.

There's a big difference between rushing and completely scuttling what you have built over four years while mentioning "continuity" fewer than three weeks ago.

Gibbs' departure came at a ****ty time. No talent is available and the team is fragile in its development because he didn't finish it. Just like he left us with an old team in '92, he left us with an unsure team in '08. How is not wanting to rush somehow synonymous with wanting a retread like Fassel who lost his Giants team on more than one occasion?

At the risk of being rude...how do you know what Fassal said in his interview process that impressed them?

How do you know Greg Williams would be the right guy?

And what is the benefit of keeping a continuity that finished 9-7 in a bad conference, blew numerous leads, and has an aging roster at several key positions?

That screams clean house to me, and build around a few key spots. I'm betting it says the same thing to the FO.

Not wanting to rush means looking at everyone, but also not caring what you or I think. We don't know ****. We need to let this play out before we get impatient.

It's funny how fans bash Dan's impatience with winning and looking for the quick fix-and yet people want to dimiss a full scale coaching search in order to get it over with.

After all this time and all the mess that Danny has created (Can't blame this one on the press), it's becoming more apparent that the only way GW gets hired is if Fassel and other future candidates refuse the job.

It's like Danny is going out of his way to avoid hiring him. Who in the hell else is there to interview that should be considered before GW? Spagnuolo? Give me a break! He was a LB coach for 5 years with Philthy. A damn LB coach! His first year as a DC and everybody thinks he's the second coming of Vince Lombardi. Give me a damn break!

I'm not opposed to interviewing Spags and McDaniels. It's become clear vinny and danny simply dont believe GW's the best choice. If you have any doubt keep looking make an informed decision. Even if Williams takes over there will be change to the players, coaching staff and possibly offensive system.

The biggest indictment of Snyder is the way he has treated the current coaching staff. Either let them go so they can find other jobs or let them know they will be around. By his actions Snyder is keeping the staff from finding jobs and leaving them dangling in the wind.

Sounds a lot like the way we've been trying to build through free agency!:laugh:

At the risk of being rude...how do you know what Fassal said in his interview process that impressed them?

How do you know Greg Williams would be the right guy?

I don't know either of those things. The only thing I can go by is what both those guys have done lately on the field. Fassel got fired by one of his best friends in '06 and Williams has had a top-10 overall Defense three out of the last four years.

I'd be more apt to blame Joe Gibbs for the blown halftime leads than any other Coach or Assistant on this team, especially when it came to keeping the Offense on the field. A complete house cleaning is not needed. It's not even practical. The team is aging at some pretty key positions, but that doesn't fall on the Coaches to blame.

There's being patient and searching, then there's this nonsense going on. I understand Gibbs left the team in a real bind. Seriously. I also understand that there is a good nucleus that needs tweaking, not a complete overhaul. The older Coaches are good as gone. What the **** does Breaux do anyway?

I can't say I'm 100% behind Williams, but Willams versus Fassel is a contest that shouldn't even be happening. Fassel shouldn't even be in the running.

I'm not opposed to interviewing Spags and McDaniels. It's become clear vinny and danny simply dont believe GW's the best choice. If you have any doubt keep looking make an informed decision. Even if Williams takes over there will be change to the players, coaching staff and possibly offensive system.

Yep, league turn-over average is 30%....

I don't know either of those things. The only thing I can go by is what both those guys have done lately on the field. Fassel got fired by one of his best friends in '06 and Williams has had a top-10 overall Defense three out of the last four years.

I'd be more apt to blame Joe Gibbs for the blown halftime leads than any other Coach or Assistant on this team, especially when it came to keeping the Offense on the field. A complete house cleaning is not needed. It's not even practical. The team is aging at some pretty key positions, but that doesn't fall on the Coaches to blame.

There's being patient and searching, then there's this nonsense going on. I understand Gibbs left the team in a real bind. Seriously. I also understand that there is a good nucleus that needs tweaking, not a complete overhaul. The older Coaches are good as gone. What the **** does Breaux do anyway?

I can't say I'm 100% behind Williams, but Willams versus Fassel is a contest that shouldn't even be happening. Fassel shouldn't even be in the running.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Great post.

Archived