Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wilbon's Intriguing Comment about Cerrato

mlindsey13

Wilbon made a statement in his today's WP (1/23/08) that baffled me.

He states that Cerrato has suggested strategies or particular directions in the past that the organization did not follow.

Wilbon's exact statement: "But I know this much: His [Cerrato's] advice as to what to do was wiser in several instances than the course of action the Redskins took."

link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/22/AR2008012203341.html

Does anybody know what he's talking about?

i thought the same wen i read it. wonder what issues cerrato differed from the actual course of action.

Just for fun, I'm gpoing to speculate that Vinny would most logically be suggesting things that if they were disagreeable to soemone deciding direction, it was likely about personnel matters and/or money matters, and that the people who most likely would be over-riding him would be Gibbs & GW. Given how much secind guessing we have done with those two, my "theory" :silly: may be of some little comfort to the still-flailing. :D

He states that Cerrato has suggested strategies or particular directions in the past that the organization did not follow.

Wilbon's exact statement: "But I know this much: His [Cerrato's] advice as to what to do was wiser in several instances than the course of action the Redskins took."

link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/22/AR2008012203341.html

I don't know the specifics but basically he's saying that Snyder over-rides everyone and has ultimate veto power. This, in short, is why we stink on the field.

I don't know the specifics but basically he's saying that Snyder over-rides everyone and has ultimate veto power. This, in short, is why we stink on the field.

Did you even bother to read the few posts before yours prior to responding to the OP? Just wondering, cuase there's every indication you didn't. :)

That may be the case, but I am still curious about what specific things Cerrato has told this organization to do that it did not. Wilbon's comment seems to suggest that perhaps Cerrato may be a good personnel man, but some decisions we've made against Cerrato's blessings have in some way hurt us. I would be curious to know what these decisions were.

I've always assumed that player decisions were Vinny's. That B Lloyd was his, Jeff George, Deion

you can't say that and not say that heyer, kendall, alexander and so on weren't his.

the truth is we really don't know.

it's as if multiple people have been making different decisions for a while with the skins. maybe now we'll get a better idea of the decisions that vinny was making.

It wouldn't be hard to believe that he didn't like the HUGE overpayment for guys like Lloyd or Archuleta.

I mean, signing below average players to the biggest contract ever at their position kinda makes most people scratch their head. Being in the league for a long time, even if he isn't very good at anything specifically, he probably saw that a guy like Ed Reed makes this much, and a guy like Reggie Wayne makes this much, so why do we offer Archuleta, and Lloyd way more? Hmmm, seems like stuff like that was posted here a lot too.

As much as i rag on Vinny (basically the only person besides DAN) he took the downfall for Dwight Clark and Carmen Policy in SF

He actually knows a lot about talent and was always able to find it in the draft in Sanfran in the early rounds From what ive heard is he has been over ridden by Dan a lot in teh early days.

I think A lot of people including me where thinking he was a gonner when Gbbs took over but I think he will have a 3 year window after that the jury will be out

As much as i rag on Vinny (basically the only person besides DAN) he took the downfall for Dwight Clark and Carmen Policy in SF

He actually knows a lot about talent and was always able to find it in the draft in Sanfran in the early rounds From what ive heard is he has been over ridden by Dan a lot in teh early days.

I think A lot of people including me where thinking he was a gonner when Gbbs took over but I think he will have a 3 year window after that the jury will be out

This is true. Vinny wouldn't have been with SF for 9 years if he was a total moron.

So why staying if the owner doesn't trust you ?

What's with the baggy pants that Snyder's wearing? Shouldn't he be able to afford a tailor? :)

I bet he makes decisions about his clothes with another person as well, so its taking awhile to pick a tailor. Until then we have to wait and pretend our CRAPPY owner doesn't look like MC Hammer.

Archived