Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Snyder = idiot if GW is not head coach

PUMP

WTEM reported at 1:30 that the reason Williams hasn't been hired yet is that GW and Vinnie do not get along well (I take 980 with a large grain of salt, but to even think that Vinnie is keep Williams at bay is disappointing). Also, if Fassel was such a solid candidate, why has he been unemployed as a head coach for 5 years and was booted out of Baltimore last year as their O Cord. Can we look forward to having the Ravens offense?

Art for the Hall!

Yes voicekiller! Finally someone speaking with some sense. I mean being crazy about Gregg Williams is laughable to me.

Oh Wilber, please explain why you think anybody wanting GW as a HC is laughable. I'm really curious because maybe I'm missing something here and you can enlighten me and others. Thanks! :cheers:

just food for thought here, but what if Snyder DOES hire someone other than GW, and what if that person leads us deep into the playoffs? Will you still consider Snyder an idiot then?

Also, I would consider Snyder an idiot for just blindly hiring a guy with a losing record as an NFL coach before bothering to see who else is out there.

Hence the word IF. Looking at the situation now, GW is the best candidate out of all that have been mentioned. When players solely support the choice of one coach over any other the chances of a playoff team dramatically increase.

just food for thought here, but what if Snyder DOES hire someone other than GW, and what if that person leads us deep into the playoffs? Will you still consider Snyder an idiot then?

Also, I would consider Snyder an idiot for just blindly hiring a guy with a losing record as an NFL coach before bothering to see who else is out there.

love the name btw...but what if he does hire someone from outside and we start off slow, can you imagine the lockeroom and the fanbase after everyone endorsed GW..

I don't get why everyone thinks GW is the greatest coach ever...He might be better than anyone that Snyder has already interviewed, but he may not be the best candidate. But we have to wait and see. It doesn't really matter what we think anyway. It's what Danny thinks.
exactly...i just hope Gibbs gave Danny some good advice

I couldn't pass up your comment about a losing record as a reason not to hire someone.

What if the Patriots didn't hire their present head coach because he had a losing record with the Browns? Your logic is flawed and doesn't take into consideration what the Bills franchise was financially faced with when Williams began his head coaching reign with them.

Even if we hire greg .. Danny has already messed up .. Greg is going to feel like a second choice . Why wait so long if greg is who you want danny boy, and if he is not who you want .. THEN WHY ARE YOU GOING AFTER FOSSIL ISTEAD OF A GOOD COACH!!!!! Just when I seem to think this front office and ownership is turning the corner they pull me right back in to these visions of Vinny playing in his office with fisher price toys and danny doing his best to act like danny devito as the penguin!!! F***ing circus and disaster... It like watching a ummm you know what trying to you know what to a door knob!!

I think the others around the league assumed he get the Skins HC position. Why bother? That's what would suck for GW.

It was assumed Rex Ryan would be a leading canidate in Baltimore, yet Miami and Atlanta talked to him.

Heck, how much of an expense would of it been for Baltimore to have Gregg drive 45 minutes up the road to interview with them? Take him out to dinner and comp him $20 for gas.

The reason GW has not been interviewed by other teams is because they believe he will be our new head coach. They cannot concieve another choice because it is that obvious. Hopefully Dan feels the same.

Why he is flirting with Fossil is beyond comprehension. He is weak. Our locker room has respect for GW and will mow down a wimp like Fassel...We are in for some serious dysfunction if fassel is dredged up and hired.

As the great Chevy Chase once said: OMG holy Sh** where's the tylenol

WTEM reported at 1:30 that the reason Williams hasn't been hired yet is that GW and Vinnie do not get along well (I take 980 with a large grain of salt, but to even think that Vinnie is keep Williams at bay is disappointing). Also, if Fassel was such a solid candidate, why has he been unemployed as a head coach for 5 years and was booted out of Baltimore last year as their O Cord. Can we look forward to having the Ravens offense?

GRRR...Vinny...:doh:

Archived