Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Young quarterbacks(Jason Cambell related)

Redskins4ever

How many times a day do you to check on the Hire?  

207 members have voted

1. 1. How many times a day do you to check on the Hire?

• Once a day
    • Several times a day
    • Anytime I think about it and have a chance
    • I am in lockdown mode Can;t sleep must know new Coaches name

Give him one more year and thats it. However, we have to open up the play book and give him a chance to make all the passes an NFL QB needs to be able to hit....Can't tell much at this point because of the limited playes he was able to call under Gibbs system.....I (for one), was glad to see Gibbs go..... This is not the same Joe Gibbs that won three SBs......

......He's shown tremendous heart playing QB, and was impressive in wins over Philadelphia, Detroit, Green Bay, ........

Huh? Green Bay was not a win, nor was Philly unless you're talking about week #2 which was not a good effort on his part. I hope the new coach dumps him. He's good enough to get us beat, that's it.

Huh? Green Bay was not a win, nor was Philly unless you're talking about week #2 which was not a good effort on his part. I hope the new coach dumps him. He's good enough to get us beat, that's it.

he played great against Philly in week 2, did you watch the game?

And dump him, what is your solution. Huh?

OK, so most of you don't like Campbell, what is your solution? I thought so, you have none. What are we supposed to do now, cut him? If you look, there are not too many good QB's in the NFL. When you experts come up with an answer for our QB problem, will you please tell our HC? Oh that's right, we don't have one.

Man, you guys sound just like all the NY experts about Eli, now look who looks like a bunch of idiots. I swear, if JC has a great year next season, I am going to call all you out

LOL! Go ahead and call me out then. I'll gladly accept being wrong about JC, but the reason those other QBs have taken their teams deep in the playoffs is because they are better than JC and they play on better teams - those two things go hand in hand by the way.

What is the solution? Well first of all, I said the day we drafted JC it was a mistake. I've never changed my mind so I wouldn't have drafted him in the first place. He's done nothing to change my mind to this point.

But, that doesn't help us now, so here's what we do. Look around the NFL for those relatively young, developing backups that might be at the end or near the end of their contracts. Who that is I don't know, but our scouting department should be able to find them (Sage Rosenfels maybe???). Trade for one and then draft another QB this year. Have an open competition in training camp and preseason and let it be known they are all competing for first, second, and third string.

Looking back now, how nice would it have been for us to have the foresight to make an offer for a guy like David Garrard last year? If our scouting department is worth anything, they should be able to find a good backup QB to bring him in. Don't forget, Ron Wolfe, one of the best GMs in the game once traded a second round pick for a backup QB in Atlanta who was an afterthought to them. That was of course Brett Favre.

Hail,

H

LOL! Go ahead and call me out then. I'll gladly accept being wrong about JC, but the reason those other QBs have taken their teams deep in the playoffs is because they are better than JC and they play on better teams - those two things go hand in hand by the way.

What is the solution? Well first of all, I said the day we drafted JC it was a mistake. I've never changed my mind so I wouldn't have drafted him in the first place. He's done nothing to change my mind to this point.

But, that doesn't help us now, so here's what we do. Look around the NFL for those relatively young, developing backups that might be at the end or near the end of their contracts. Who that is I don't know, but our scouting department should be able to find them (Sage Rosenfels maybe???). Trade for one and then draft another QB this year. Have an open competition in training camp and preseason and let it be known they are all competing for first, second, and third string.

Looking back now, how nice would it have been for us to have the foresight to make an offer for a guy like David Garrard last year? If our scouting department is worth anything, they should be able to find a good backup QB to bring him in. Don't forget, Ron Wolfe, one of the best GMs in the game once traded a second round pick for a backup QB in Atlanta who was an afterthought to them. That was of course Brett Favre.

Hail,

H

Well atleast you have an opinion on a solution, thanks, but as you said, you don't know who that QB could be. My point is that there arte very few good QB's, and a lot of bad ones. We had Sage, and he is a bit older now. I think if JC doesn't work out we are screwed. I just don't think you can give up on him. Just remember, everyone loves the backup

Cambell does not fit the system...slow to get rid of the ball...slow to make reads...overthrows anyone wide open....fumbles in the ball when hit. Needs a offensive line that can protect FOREVER. Not going to happen with our line.

Cambell does not fit the system...slow to get rid of the ball...slow to make reads...overthrows anyone wide open....fumbles in the ball when hit. Needs a offensive line that can protect FOREVER. Not going to happen with our line.

ya he sure want to believe you. You mention you want to trade JC and brunell for trent green and JASON TAYLOR!!! :doh:

I'm sorry but you just described a QB that wouldnt fit any systembecause he's no good. Seriously? A QB like that doesnt deserve to be in the league (hence the reason Heath Shuler didnt make it).

When one of the youngins starts a thread next year calling out the negative comments after Jason has a successful run, I hope it doesn't offend those highlighted in it.

The Idea of "the only way to win, is to win now" is completely beyond me. People are talking about the BEST OF THE BEST in the NFL. You cant expect everyone to be like Adrian Peterson.

I totally agree with you. I have no problem with Campbell and i have no doubt that the guy has talent. Using that talent is the big question and he's learned, a lot. A lot of people are going to have a problem with people callin them out.

Calm down guys, dont go chasin the guy with torches and pitchforks, he has done better then any other "young" qb we've had

The clock is running on Campbell to show he's consistently got the 'right stuff.' Janson has to win the team to the idea that he'll be the team's leader. He's got to convince defenses they can't stack the box against him. And Jason's got to convince the Skins FO that he's their franchise QB -- and needs to be signed to a long-term contract.

So the 2008 season will the window in which Campbell needs to convince the Skins FO that they don't need to draft a QB in the first round of 2009. It will also be the year the contract negotiations begin in earnest for Campbell.

Seems you guys can only bad mouth someone stating there view or take on something... and not make intellegent comments on what the thread is about.

are you kidding me? :laugh:

Roethlesberger RODE his RB's to the superbowl. I'm not taking anything away from the guy, i'm a big fan of his, but he didnt exactly go Peyton Manning on the league, but he did come in and essentially have the same team that previous QBs did. The kicker in that offense is Willy Parker more then it is anything else.

Phillip Rivers has the best RB in football behind him. This opens up the rest of the field for the guy. Not only does he have Tomlinson, but Michael Turner is a consistant backup. Not to mention, Billy Volek came in the team didnt fall apart so you cant exactly say that Phillip Rivers was the reason. He had a great team around him.

Jason Campbell obviously had the shackles on him, which was very evident when Todd Collins came in, the offense produced even more, which goes to show you, that the most telling fact is that you cant judge Cambpells performance soley based on his talent, because the offense obviously works. Statistically speaking, Campbell is not in the same chapter as these guys YET, but i think things will change this year. New coach, same philosiphy (hopefully), and no more shackles. He's got just as much talent and ability as those guys, he is from the same mold as Roethlesberger, Tall, Mobile, Student of the game. Campbell has seen what this offense is capable of, and I honestly believe he can offensively produce with the personnel we have (for the most part). Here's to seeing what happens come August, but i wouldnt be surprised if we are in the playoffs again.

that's the third post in this thread... and well i posted it, instead of just bashing the guy.... that's my opinion, and if you read what the OP said, that's exactly what this thread was about

While the orginal poster gave good examples of early successful QBs. What about Peyton Manning? Did he get his team to the playoffs in the first two years? I don't think so. I know that he didn't the first year he played. What about Carson Palmer? He didn't either. What about Drew Brees? Did he get the Chargers into the playoffs his first year? Seriously, Jason Campbell needs time to develop. There is no reason for us to judge him so harshly. He got injured and people can say that he made mistakes, which is true. That being said, he was handcuffed for most of this season by the conservative playcalling of Joe Gibbs. It isnt' all Jason Campbell's fault. We would like to think that he single handedly wins games and loses them as well. It is a team effort and there were quite a few players who let us down this season. Not just Jason Campbell. We need to show the guy we are behind him and let him grow. People make mistakes and that is how they learn. Hopefully, he has learned by watching Todd Collins in the four game run and with his experience that he has had he will take us to the next level.

I like that you seem to not be a full on JC hater, but I think this comparison is unfair in that:

Big Ben got to the SB after 2 full seasons of being the starter, Eli after 4.

Campbell has yet to complete a full season as the starter. Sure he's had 20 starts but they've been all over the place and this year he was behind a makeshift O-line with handcuffs on the plays called for him. This is not to mention that it seemed like he was missing at least one key starter each game.

I believe Jason Campbell will be an outstanding NFL quarterback, but nobody knows for sure when it will happen. Things just haven't come together completely yet, even though he is close to being the winning quarterback we all want to see. It takes time to learn this difficult position, especially in the pro game. Manning didn't click until this year...and I believe it was in their last regular season game against the Patriots when it happened. Up until that game he was inconsistent and looked uncomfortable and without much confidence. It just seemed like the "light came on" for him and you know where the Giants are playing their next game.

Jason will get there...playing with confidence, making the right decisions, protecting the ball, and properly manageing the game. I hope it happens this coming year. I sure hope the Skins have patience and give him the chance to get there.

Archived