Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Young quarterbacks(Jason Cambell related)

Redskins4ever

How many times a day do you to check on the Hire?  

207 members have voted

1. 1. How many times a day do you to check on the Hire?

• Once a day
    • Several times a day
    • Anytime I think about it and have a chance
    • I am in lockdown mode Can;t sleep must know new Coaches name

With Eli Manning and Ben Roethlisberger having reached Super Bowls already in their young careers, and with Phillip Rivers taking the Chargers to the playoffs twice out of the last two seasons, and AFC title game this year, should there be added pressure on Jason Campbell to produce? He's been given the keys to the offense so there are no more excuses for this young man.

The carpet is laid out for him now. He's shown tremendous heart playing QB, and was impressive in wins over Philadelphia, Detroit, Green Bay, with him having lackluster performances in other games as well, what should we expect from Jason in 2008? Would the Redskins have made the playoffs had Campbell never gotten injured? I have trouble believing that the Redskins would have.

He has potential and was a first rounf draft pick, but other QBs who have been drafted in the first round the past few seasons have moved beyond their potential already.

Thoughts?

Roethlesberger RODE his RB's to the superbowl. I'm not taking anything away from the guy, i'm a big fan of his, but he didnt exactly go Peyton Manning on the league, but he did come in and essentially have the same team that previous QBs did. The kicker in that offense is Willy Parker more then it is anything else.

Phillip Rivers has the best RB in football behind him. This opens up the rest of the field for the guy. Not only does he have Tomlinson, but Michael Turner is a consistant backup. Not to mention, Billy Volek came in the team didnt fall apart so you cant exactly say that Phillip Rivers was the reason. He had a great team around him.

Jason Campbell obviously had the shackles on him, which was very evident when Todd Collins came in, the offense produced even more, which goes to show you, that the most telling fact is that you cant judge Cambpells performance soley based on his talent, because the offense obviously works. Statistically speaking, Campbell is not in the same chapter as these guys YET, but i think things will change this year. New coach, same philosiphy (hopefully), and no more shackles. He's got just as much talent and ability as those guys, he is from the same mold as Roethlesberger, Tall, Mobile, Student of the game. Campbell has seen what this offense is capable of, and I honestly believe he can offensively produce with the personnel we have (for the most part). Here's to seeing what happens come August, but i wouldnt be surprised if we are in the playoffs again.

How Jason Campbell does next year is obviously going to depend on who the next HC is and what offensive system is in place. Personally, I would love to see Campbell in Saunder's system again next season and I'm sure he is going to work hard this offseason on making smarter reads and on improving his release.I think it will be more important for him to just win games next year and not worry about his stats or next season will probably be his last with the Skins if he fails.

With Eli Manning and Ben Roethlisberger having reached Super Bowls already in their young careers, and with Phillip Rivers taking the Chargers to the playoffs twice out of the last two seasons, and AFC title game this year, should there be added pressure on Jason Campbell to produce? He's been given the keys to the offense so there are no more excuses for this young man.

The carpet is laid out for him now. He's shown tremendous heart playing QB, and was impressive in wins over Philadelphia, Detroit, Green Bay, with him having lackluster performances in other games as well, what should we expect from Jason in 2008? Would the Redskins have made the playoffs had Campbell never gotten injured? I have trouble believing that the Redskins would have.

He has potential and was a first rounf draft pick, but other QBs who have been drafted in the first round the past few seasons have moved beyond their potential already.

Thoughts?

QUESTION: What do Phillip Rivers, Big Ben and Eli Manning have in common?

ANSWER: A consistent running game to take the pressure off the young QB while he learns and gains confidence.

The Redskins offensive line is built to pass, Al Saunders is pass happy so IMO Campbell will struggle until the Redskins commit to the run and build the offense around a balanced or run dominant line.

We all watched Big-Ben learn on the job and gain confidence. We watched Eli struggle as the Giants struggled but finally come through. Rivers would be nothing without teams having to account for LT. Not to mention having the best TE in the game. I have no doubt Campbell will do well but the offense around him has to give him a solid running attack in order for him to thrive and gain confidence just like the guys mentioned above.

Ahh Seriously Eli Manning has started every game of his Career with the NYG, Rivers sat one year behind Brees but since then has played every snap for his team, and Roethlisberger (not sure about spelling) rode a dominating defense and the BUS to the Super Bowl, heck ARE had more TD's in that game as Big Ben. Give Campbell a healthy line, a good running game and receivers who catch balls and if he doesn't produce then he is open to criticism, but until then it is silly to talk about a guy who has not even had the luxury of starting/playing the entire season as the starter.

his grace period is over as i said in another thread. no more excuses about a new offense, no more excuses about lack of experience, its time that he starts playing well consistently

It's time we get a new and improved ****ing offensive line! That's biggest weakness on our offense right now.

his grace period is over as i said in another thread. no more excuses about a new offense, no more excuses about lack of experience, its time that he starts playing well consistently

Ah, someone agrees with me. There are those who claim Jason didn't have a decent offensive line or a great running game. Although Clinton Portis had under 4.0 yards a carry last season, he still racked up over a thousand damn yards. Although the offensive line on the right side was depleted by injuries, Jason still had time to throw most of the time, and sometimes made poor reads and ill advised throws resulting in interceptions.

The offensive line can't be blamed. Some of it is the QB too. He has to do something in 2008 or we'll be talking about him being in the same mold as Patrick Ramsey and Tony Banks.

I agree with most posters in the sense that Rothlisberger, Manning, and Rivers all took their respective (except for the Giants) teams to the playoffs and beyond, they all had consistent running games and powerful O-Lines. JC has been given the keys to an offense that is all about passing, and the playbook is retardedly confusing.

Get us a line and you'll see the same thing.

And please, for the love of God:

C-A-M-P-B-E-L-L

Of course, the line mAGICALLY got better when Collins stepped in. You people are something else. Do you think you could magically come up yet ANOTHER apology for Campbell? I mean, I'm waiting to hear the "planets weren't in alignment yet," "messiah hasn't arrived/returned," "stock market was down on that day and it got to Jason, mentally."

It's time we get a new and improved ****ing offensive line! That's biggest weakness on our offense right now.

I agree the injuries to the O line really exposed our lack of young talented back ups. BTW Fabini is a joke. He has no burst off the line can't hold a block for more than a second.. I could go on and on but I am sure everyone here has seen his futilty(sp)?

OK, so most of you don't like Campbell, what is your solution? I thought so, you have none. What are we supposed to do now, cut him? If you look, there are not too many good QB's in the NFL. When you experts come up with an answer for our QB problem, will you please tell our HC? Oh that's right, we don't have one.

Man, you guys sound just like all the NY experts about Eli, now look who looks like a bunch of idiots. I swear, if JC has a great year next season, I am going to call all you out

Of course, the line mAGICALLY got better when Collins stepped in.

There is no question that Collins played better.

But lets be honest. Even when Collins played, our o-line sucked. If you look at Collins' successful plays, they were based on his "smarts," not based on great execution by our o-line. He had a tough time, despite the fact that he understood what opposing defenses were trying to do (go revisit the Minnesota game).

Our o-line was good at the beginning of this year, but since then, our injury plagued the o-line.

There is no doubt the Campbell has all the tools to get the job done. He can make all the med to long throws he needs a little more touch on the short passes.. He overthrew Moss alot this season. I think that was inticaption (nerves) of getting the ball to the best WR playmaker.

I also I believe that next season the coaching staff will not handcuff JC like they did this past season.

I also believe it takes more then 20 - 23 starts to determine if a QB has it or not.IMHO

Archived