Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Grimm as HOF candidate

Monk in the Hall!

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

As someone who has moaned about #81 getting into the HOF for years, I thought I would turn my attention to Grimm.

He certainly has strong credentials:

3 Superbowl teams- which were run dominant teams

4 Pro-Bowls (83-86)

1980s NFL all Decade team.

I dont know how much more a guard could do. Granted, he is not a Larry Allen kind of dominant figure. But he was probably one of the 1 or 2 best guards of his generation and played for a team that has become the stuff of legend (Hogs) which spearheaded 3 Super Bowl victories.

Being objective- do you guys think Grimm will get into the Hall one day?

Yes he will get in, but not this year. Cause they have to let Monk in cause he is due. And of course Green is a first ballot hands down, no questions asked. Grimm will have to wait another year.

I agree but everyone said Monk would be first ballot when he was playing for us.. It is a bunch BS that Monk is not in..

If the voters treat D. Green the sameway there will be hell to pay.:point2sky :dallasuck

It's hard to get in as an interior lineman. Grimm needs several people to get in before him: Green and Monk to clear the Redskins from the list, and Bob Kuechenberg (who retired 7 years before Grimm) so that he's the only interior lineman on the list.

It may take another 5+ years, but I think Grimm will make it eventually.

In some respects, I think not having a single member of the Hogs in is worse than not having Monk. Behind that line, because of that line we broke scoring records, recorded the least number of sacks in a year with Rypien who ran the 40 in 8 seconds and that may be generous. This was not a good line, but one of the best all time lines and Jacoby, Grimm, and possibly Lachey deserve recognition. I'd like to include Bostic because he was one of my favorite Hogs, but I don't think he is quite there.

Honestly, if they were smart they'd induct them as a group.

Archived