Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Seahawks respond to assualt on Skin fans

ljs

For those that read the "Seattle Experience" letter that I wrote, I did get a response from the Seahawk organization.

I spoke with a rep from their customer relations dept last night. While he was very apologetic about what happened, he did believe that some of us may be over exaggerating our claims (he said he didn't believe anyone really got beer thrown on them, maybe spilled.)

As far as the jerk who was harassing Mike Sellers' family, he is banned for life at any Qwuest (Sp?) field event. They are able to track all tickets sold, who sold them and where they live. This guy was from Portland, Oregon. He is not a season ticket holder, but does go to numerous games. (Not anymore!)

The rep, Chris, said he would be willing to talk to anyone of us who experienced this behavior. If you can point out what seat the person was in, they will be banned from the stadium. Chris also said that they have banned more people than any other stadium. Hmm....interesting.

Lastly, he did tell me to call him back when I want tickets to a game. It pays to speak up!:cheers:

IONTOP- We did talk alot about the tail gate area. While he admitted they can't really control that, he did say that they are working with the Seattle PD to better patrol the area. He agreed with me that when we come next fall, to set up our tailgate on the perimeter, which should help some.

Also, he threw out some comments about a huge fight at FedEx field during the Dallas game...anyone know about that?

IONTOP- We did talk alot about the tail gate area. While he admitted they can't really control that, he did say that they are working with the Seattle PD to better patrol the area. He agreed with me that when we come next fall, to set up our tailgate on the perimeter, which should help some.

Also, he threw out some comments about a huge fight at FedEx field during the Dallas game...anyone know about that?

All I remember seeing is it was two cowboys fans beating the crap out of one another.

For those that read the "Seattle Experience" letter that I wrote, I did get a response from the Seahawk organization.

I spoke with a rep from their customer relations dept last night. While he was very apologetic about what happened, he did believe that some of us may be over exaggerating our claims (he said he didn't believe anyone really got beer thrown on them, maybe spilled.)

As far as the jerk who was harassing Mike Sellers' family, he is banned for life at any Qwuest (Sp?) field event. They are able to track all tickets sold, who sold them and where they live. This guy was from Portland, Oregon. He is not a season ticket holder, but does go to numerous games. (Not anymore!)

The rep, Chris, said he would be willing to talk to anyone of us who experienced this behavior. If you can point out what seat the person was in, they will be banned from the stadium. Chris also said that they have banned more people than any other stadium. Hmm....interesting.

Lastly, he did tell me to call him back when I want tickets to a game. It pays to speak up!:cheers:

Just a question...

Would you have written this letter if the skins won the game, would all the people complaining about the treatment be talking about it if we won?

To me it sounds like some of you have put a lot of attention to this cause to get some sort of "win" in reality we are probably better served dropping it and moving on with our lives. Its football.. we have fans at fedex that do the same or worse.. no question.

ahem: can you get 2 for me? :cool:

Awesome!!!

Well, I guess you're set for next year--I see we have to go out there for a regular season game for 2008.

What's funny is--This year at least 2 people wrote in to our local paper (Daily News Record in Harrisonburg, Va.) to the editor complaining about the actions of the fans at Fedex Field this past season. I guess it goes on everywhere.

PMO33- I was set on writing this letter before the game ever started. So yes, If we won, I still would have been as appalled at their behavior and would have written the letter. I'm former law enforcement and I take a stand against any type of violence, especially against women.

The other part is that an innocent little girl doesn't deserve the type of treatment she got, win or lose.

Spidernat- How exactly would you want us to respond? Hit them back and get arrested? Then I would have not only lowered myself to their classless level, but I would have missed the game. I did yell at a couple of them, but that just fueled their fire. All of the Skins fans that I met there, showed real class and redefined the phrase, "Turn the other cheek".

And about your comment, "Complaining to the organization is uselss". Well, obviously NOT, I'm getting free tickets to the next game...

Archived