Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Redskins Radio GW does NOT have the $1 million clause in his contract

TCO

Bram just reported that GW does NOT have the $1 million clause in his contract.

Bram said that he asked someone in the staff, and they replied that the people reporting that never asked the right people.

Not that it mattered, but now its out there.

Only the press and other uninformed types seemed unaware. :)

In all seriousness, it's been known for some time among those paying close attention. Still, it's probably a good thing that it's finally hit the mainstream. One less thing to keep debunking.

Only the press and other uninformed types seemed unaware. :)

In all seriousness, it's been known for some time among those paying close attention. Still, it's probably a good thing that it's finally hit the mainstream. One less thing to keep debunking.

Do you think they keep the job in the family, or go outside(Cowher, Carroll, etc...) for their new coach?

This doesn't change my opinion in regards to maintaining continuity within the team. With this core group of players and coaches, great things can still be achieved. My only worry is whether or not Williams and Saunders can co-exist.

Do you think they keep the job in the family, or go outside(Cowher, Carroll, etc...) for their new coach?

Too many unknowns for me to even hazzard a guess yet, brother. I'll be listening closely this afternoon and have my ears tuned in the coming days for any whispers in the wind. When and if I get a strong enough sense to offer up more than just wild speculation, however, I'll definitely put it out there.

Stay in house. Gregg Williams after they comply with the "Rooney Rule".

I think the "Rooney Rule" only applies if you make the decision to interview outside candidates. If you decide right away to promote from within, you don't necessarily have to interview outside candidates or minorities.

Not sure if that's a good idea or not to only look in house when there seem to be some interesting choices out there though.

Leading up to this point, I was certain Gibbs wanted to come back, he wanted to fulfill his contract and mentioned that MANY times. It almost seems like this is a more strategic move than anything to me.

Are we ensuring GW is our next coach and not giving Baltimore an oppurtunity to snag him? Are we ensuring we have a shot at Cowher, and bringing in Grimm as OC since they've worked together previously? I'm thinking we may end up finding out that there's more to this decision than Gibbs not wanting to stay here another year.

Just promote Gregggg to HC and make Blatche (sp?) DC and keep Al as OC.

I really don't care who becomes head coach, just as long as Al stays with the offense. I don't want to go thru another offseason of learning a new offense.

The less change, the better.

With Parcells in his situation I see Gibbs similarly not wanting to coach but enjoying the Parcells, Walsh type position sitting up in the box....I really think we stay with Williams and Saunders et al....

QB competition...you betchya...Collins played great and so did JC so why would you just anoint someone?

Wow! Shocking! GW would be my first choice. I would love to keep continuity in the system, offensively and defensively.

Snyder's rep in the past may have scared off alot of candidates. I wonder if this is still a prevailing thought around the league. Im assuming here, that Gibbs stepped down, his choice.

Love Gibbs, but I find myself a little excited to see how this plays out.

I guess GW is a good choice as long as he we can contain his ego and not to become just defensive team as he had is Buffalo. I would also bring someone from outside, but NOT FROM COLLEGE - we all know how it ends :( May be Cowher or somebody else with proven record ... as long as we can keep our offense and Al Sanders in place. Keeping defense and GW here should help too.

Good. I don't think GW will make a good HC. I hope they give Grimm his shot at HC. He's been an NFL coach since 1992, including coaching the O-line since 1997 and been an assistant HC since 2004, with a Super Bowl win in 2005. If you want Cowher, Grimm is the next best thing since he coached under him.

Archived