Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Taylor, This Game, This season - I give the Redskins an A+

Joncevensen

As the announcers said, this team felt 21 was still playing with them, and if they believed it then he probably was.

Just like last week, the margin in this game was 21, a very symbolic margin for all of us.

Just like in Dallas a couple years ago, in around two minutes we went from 13 down to up 1.

My take on this game is this: Sean Taylor put us back into this game in the fourth quarter. But just as he may have put us back into the game, he wasn't going to win it for us. And he didn't win it for us because he knows we need to accept that he will not always be there to give us the miracle. He gave us an opportunity and a miracle in the fourth quarter, and we played our hearts out today.

This season has been one of nightmares from the beginning.

PRESEASON: Campbell's knee

First Two Weeks: Jansen and Thomas - result was seen today when overwhelming Heyer was a key to the Seattle attack

Mid Season: Sean Taylor's knee injury

Thanksgiving, the one we will never forget: The murder of Sean Taylor

December: Campbell's knee

I'm proud of this team's performance this year. No one believed in the Redskins except themselves and the fans who had faith. The odds kept getting more and more stacked against the Redskins as the season kept going, but somehow this darkest of seasons in the Redskins 75 years ended with a trip to the playoffs.

I'll end by saying that while the 21 stickers will be gone next year around the NFL, honor Sean Taylor through your actions. Have fun in your life and be passionate about whatever you do, just how he was on the field.

The 2007 Redskins earned an A+ from me.

And I will one day tell my kids that the greatest Redskins player I ever saw play in my lifetime was #21, and that this season was one when I was proud and honored to call myself a Redskins fan.

As the announcers said, this team felt 21 was still playing with them, and if they believed it then he probably was.

Just like last week, the margin in this game was 21, a very symbolic margin for all of us.

Just like in Dallas a couple years ago, in around two minutes we went from 13 down to up 1.

My take on this game is this: Sean Taylor put us back into this game in the fourth quarter. But just as he may have put us back into the game, he wasn't going to win it for us. And he didn't win it for us because he knows we need to accept that he will not always be there to give us the miracle. He gave us an opportunity and a miracle in the fourth quarter, and we played our hearts out today.

This season has been one of nightmares from the beginning.

PRESEASON: Campbell's knee

First Two Weeks: Jansen and Thomas - result was seen today when overwhelming Heyer was a key to the Seattle attack

Mid Season: Sean Taylor's knee injury

Thanksgiving, the one we will never forget: The murder of Sean Taylor

December: Campbell's knee

I'm proud of this team's performance this year. No one believed in the Redskins except themselves and the fans who had faith. The odds kept getting more and more stacked against the Redskins as the season kept going, but somehow this darkest of seasons in the Redskins 75 years ended with a trip to the playoffs.

I'll end by saying that while the 21 stickers will be gone next year around the NFL, honor Sean Taylor through your actions. Have fun in your life and be passionate about whatever you do, just how he was on the field.

The 2007 Redskins earned an A+ from me.

And I will one day tell my kids that the greatest Redskins player I ever saw play in my lifetime was #21, and that this season was one when I was proud and honored to call myself a Redskins fan.

Excellent review of the season! :cheers:

Wow, now I could defenitely not have said that any better myself. That is exactly how I feel after all of this and I was trying to think it out in my head so that I could post it, but now I don't have to. Good job. I'm so proud to be a diehard Skins fan after this season. No other team could have done what we just did. My 3 year old son loves to play football and he talks about Sean Taylor everytime he plays. Obviously he doesn't completely understand it all yet, but I tell him all the time that Sean Taylor was the greatest Redskin that I saw play the game. I'll never let him be forgotten in my family or in my life. I'll never forget the 2007 season.

Thank you. While I agree with you Jabron that the team just couldn't get it up for the playoffs, heyer played his guts out against someone he was obviously overmatched against, and collins got hit. But they tried their hearts out, Collins made some poor throws, but he was trying to win a game that had more emotional significance then playoff significance, arm strength limitations be damned.

And that's another reason to remember this team, they found themselves playing for more then the Redskins season, and they responded with some of the most incredible football I have ever seen even if they came up short of a Super Bowl. The Patriots were said to have played like a team possessed this year, I ask anyone to watch every game from Buffalo to Seattle and not say that the Redskins played harder in those six games then any team has played this entire season.

I couldn't agree more. This team showed me that it's about more than football sometimes. I've always loved and respected this team but this season has given me a whole new perspective on our leader, Joe Gibbs. No other, and I mean no other coach in this league could have led us thru this as well as he did. He may not be THAT coach any longer but he's one helluva leader! This team became a part of me this season..a part of everything I did and I didn't want it to come to an end. The best part is I don't have to wait too long for it to happen all over again. I hope we can keep the core players around and add a few that will blend in to this family of ours. I've met some incredible people from this site over this past season and was blessed enough to have been the beneficiary of a member's kindness and generosity that enabled me to attend my first game this season. It's become so special b/c I not only got to see my Skins play live..but I had the opportunity to witness the best player I've ever seen play this game up close & personal so to speak. The pics I took of ST will forever be very special to me. And he will always be a part of this nation in some form. God rest his soul! I miss his presence and his talents. This team has to find a way to move forward and to honor him at the same time. It's hard but it can be done. Moving forward doesn't mean forgetting and death ends a life not a relationship. I love this team, I love this board and I love our fans!!!

Hail!!!:notworthy

"And I will one day tell my kids that the greatest Redskins player I ever saw play in my lifetime was #21, and that this season was one when I was proud and honored to call myself a Redskins fan."

This part gave me chill bumps. Couldn't agree with you more.

Hail!

Great post! Thank you and all the other fans for being there and helping me through the ST tragedy and all the other ups and downs of this season. This fan base IS the best in the NFL. Thank you to all the players and coaches for playing with all the heart in the world. All of you have made us proud and gave us something to believe in. Thank you to ST for being the best player and person in the NFL. Thank you for helping this team go as far as they did and for making me believe in something that I haven't believed in since the passing of my Grandpa.

I would give the Burgundy ad Gold a B+ this year. It was an awful season for injuries and losing the best play maker on the team did not make things easy on Gibbs and Co. That being said they managed to make the playoffs and represented us very well yesterday in Seattle despite a losing effort. My hats off to Gibbs, Buges, Greg Williams and the rest who held it together this year and not just packing it up after the Buffalo game. We do have the best coaching staff in the game and I can only hope that they stick around for a few more years to insure the continuity of the team until Grimm is ready to take over. Yes I said Russ Grimm.

Great post, Jon. I agree wholeheartedly. I'm not going to assign a grade, but I'm 100% down with the sentiment. Just a huge display of grit and character on the part of the team. And to listen to Portis and Moss and Fletcher, the bonding is lasting. This only bodes well for the future.

It was a great, and very memorable ride this season, one we should all be proud of as Skins fans. I'm just so very sad that I'm never going to be able to watch the *GREAT* Sean Taylor play again. RIP, 21.

The Skins played to there ability so I'd give them an A for effort but a C in evaluating there talent. They are no better than a 9-7 team right now and a 1 round playoff team at best because they have no depth, are aging in key positions, and have squandered away many draft picks on busts.

Archived