Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The roots of "paloffs"

hobbie8046

LoL. You seriously have no idea how psyched I was to get him on the field. At that point, I honestly felt like my Grandma could've been a better QB.

Oh, the Jason Campbell fueled ES QB Wars. A dark, dark time in the annals of ES that had to be witnessed to be believed.

New, younger members still gasp in awe at that historical period and ask ' ..... did people REALLY defend Captain Checkdown so vehemently?' Yes kids, as hard as it is to believe, they actually did.

The 'War' was long, with casualty's from both sides feeling the FULL force of the ban hammer as it got uglier and uglier the longer the years rolled.

Those of us that survived are now known as the 'survivors'; blessed for our heroism all over Redskins Nation for seeing the good fight through to the bitter end; leading all the way to this glorious new dawn of the drafting of some young dude in the #10 shirt from Waco, Texas. The emotional scars are long, but I'm proud of the brothers and sisters that stood side by side in the face of absurdly blind homerism from the dark side of the Wars.

At least that's how I remember it .....

Hail.

Oh, the Jason Campbell fueled ES QB Wars. A dark, dark time in the annals of ES that had to be witnessed to be believed.

Speaking of.......has Brandon Lloyd Christmas been posting lately? Not only one of the funnier usernames on here, but someone who was quite animated in the various QB discussions over the last few years.

AMEN, GHH!!! Amen!

---------- Post added August-10th-2012 at 09:47 PM ----------

Speaking of.......has Brandon Lloyd Christmas been posting lately? Not only one of the funnier usernames on here, but someone who was quite animated in the various QB discussions over the last few years.

Now that you mention it, I haven't seen him around in a while.

Ahhh, General BLC. There rest a great warrior from the good side of the 'Wars.'

Sadly, so entrenched was he from the good fight that he just couldn't let go when peace and harmony returned to ES land (AKA known as the day the 'Raiders Trade' happened); and as such he felt the permanent force of the ban hammer.

A sad end to tireless warrior.

Hail.

Ahhh, General BLC. There rest a great warrior from the good side of the 'Wars.'

Sadly, so entrenched was he from the good fight that he just couldn't let go when peace and harmony returned to ES land (AKA known as the day the 'Raiders Trade' happened); and as such he felt the permanent force of the ban hammer.

A sad end to tireless warrior.

Hail.

Serioulsy? Damn, I miss BLC. He and I go back several years and he was always alot of fun. Especially when we went up agaisnt Old Fan about what was more important to win a SuperBowl, Offense or Defense.

Well it IS BLC, so probably not. And if so, He'd enjoy it ;)

Man, he would wouldn't he? :)

He could be a tad ..... ebullient shall we say ('K, more than a 'tad' :ols:); but man I miss him at times. Dude had a pretty dry SOH, and only had the Redskins best interests at heart. The amount of times he got called a 'hater' by folk TOTALLY missing his point was priceless.

Hail.

OF is like Bat Man.

If you call out his name loud enough, he'll see the 'OF' sign in the sky and respond eventually.

He's still around these parts I believe. But more in the shadows away from the craziness these days.

Another oft misunderstood poster who I respect the heck out of for his out there, but darn thought provoking views.

An OF thread was an instant, EPIC classic. WHATEVER the subject.

Hail.

I think he would too! And Old Fan- another character! I love his posts and all the discussion/debate they cause LOL. Has he been around lately? If not, I'm sure he'll find his way back soon enough!

I checked his profile and it looks like he has been lurking some, but not posting. I was thinking the same thing, where has he been recently? After talking up Beck so much though last year he might have decided to let BobGriff play some before he decides that it's the system that is putting up gaudy numbers and that Beck would be playing just as well right now. :D

---------- Post added August-10th-2012 at 10:18 PM ----------

OF is like Bat Man.

If you call out his name loud enough, he'll see the 'OF' sign in the sky and respond eventually.

He's still around these parts I believe. But more in the shadows away from the craziness these days.

Another oft misunderstood poster who I respect the heck out of for his out there, but darn thought provoking views.

An OF thread was an instant, EPIC classic. WHATEVER the subject.

Hail.

No kidding BLC and I went at it with OF years ago in a thread about defense being more important for a SB win that offense. I will say this, probably the toughest debate I've ever been in.......mostly because he couldnt see "reason" (hehe). But after going through every SB and then going back into League Championships he finally came to see the light. But holy crap can he drive you NUTS if he wants to.

I checked his profile and it looks like he has been lurking some, but not posting. I was thinking the same thing, where has he been recently? After talking up Beck so much though last year he might have decided to let BobGriff play some before he decides that it's the system that is putting up gaudy numbers and that Beck would be playing just as well right now. :D

LOL, I know right!? But, I gotta admit, I'm ready for his next post already :) My gut tells me he's already writing the first draft!

No kidding BLC and I went at it with OF years ago in a thread about defense being more important for a SB win that offense. I will say this, probably the toughest debate I've ever been in.......mostly because he couldnt see "reason" (hehe). But after going through every SB and then going back into League Championships he finally came to see the light. But holy crap can he drive you NUTS if he wants to.

Oh man. Dogmatic doesn't even begin to describe OF, lol.

Even when he was wrong, he was right. But he was a master of word play, and hot darn him, he NEVER lost his cool. But man was he a stubborn so and so. :ols: His threads were EPIC!

Hail.

LOL, him and Bubba (RIP)!!!

• 1 month later...

I had to do this just cause it is fun... The links don't work for the original thread but since some poor dude at ESPN had to type this all out, the paloffs standings are out and after today's loss we are 12th! How do they (or a computer) figure this all out. Crazy.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/playoffs/sort/conferenceRank/order/false

Archived