Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jumpin on the Redskins Bandwagon!!??

BleedinBurgNGold

This does not apply to most of us here on ES. But does it bother anyone else at the sudden outburst of 'Support' we see everywhere? I have had my car decorated in Redskins stuff since August. And have done so every year. On top of that I make it a point to wear at least ONE article of Redskins clothing every day and am Redskins to the Max during the Weekends. Now All I see are Flags flyin from peoples cars, Jerseys Everywhere, Etc. Where the hell were all these Fans when the Pats beat us 52-7? Am I overeacting or is this a legitimate gripe? :mad: :logo:

Dude... it happens all the time. Where the hell did all the fans go in 1992, 1993... 1994 when we won 3 freaking games??? I was in college in Alabama and had to watch freaking ATLANTA FALCONS games just so I could catch a game break and see somebody scoring on the 'Skins... but at least I got to see them for half a second!!!

Yeah... they're bandwagon but whatever man. At least that means we're doin' alright.

JB

Yea I feel the same way too, but you have to come to a realization that there many types of fans out there. Besides the fans who know what they are talking about, there are all those fairweather fans; those fans who occasionally watch the games; or those fans who say they support the redskins even though they don't know what football is or how it's played. I believe it's better to leave them be, unless they directly insult you. Isn't it better to see all the happiness from a large number of people (even if they are just cheering because we won) than to see less support?

Yea I understand the thinking that we are the people that were always there and what do these people know, they didn't even care when we were losing. But c'mon why exclude them, let them join the fun.

Special case: If they said they were always there when you know they weren't, bash the *&^% outta them.

I make fun of bandwagon jumpers for other teams. When they're Redskin fans it doesn't both me near as much. Besides, you always know they're not the real deal and could easily blow them out of the water with a couple simple roster or trivia questions!:)

It's just the way people are.

A lot of them have been fans all along, just didn't show it.

When the skins are loosing, I still never miss a game. But I don't post much, and I don't want to talk about it, and I don't want to be approached by people who want to needle me, so I don't invite the "barbs" by wearing skins stuff. Especially up here.

It doesn't mean I'm a "fair weather fan", it doesn't mean I don't feel the pain of every loss, it's just a sore point for me. People who know me in person know that its a bad idea to talk to me about the skins when they're not doing well. I get grumpy.

On the other hand, a lot of people are "Oh they're winning now? Cool!" and out comes the Redskins stuff.

I'd simply like to say some of these people aren't bandwagon fans... They just come out in full gear with all the redskins hype.

And why not? It is the playoffs.

They're bandwagon fans if they don't follow the team at all but jumps aboard because they're hot and the local favorite. If they're fans that simply are more rabid in the paloffs, can you blame them?

I'd simply like to say some of these people aren't bandwagon fans... They just come out in full gear with all the redskins hype.

And why not? It is the playoffs.

They're bandwagon fans if they don't follow the team at all but jumps aboard because they're hot and the local favorite. If they're fans that simply are more rabid in the paloffs, can you blame them?

I disagree. Not sure Ill call anyone a fan who feels/shows pride only when the goings good.

the problem is that flag you saw could have been mine....that has been up after loses too...I guess it is ok, the more the merrier, right? How do you know a bandwagoneer from a true fan?? Since you really can't tell you have to give everyone props, unless they don't know what they are talking about...

I don't see much of that down here. But I do get bothered by all the media bandwagon with so many picking us. I mean, I think we can win, but I'm not as confident as all these guys that suddenly think we're better than sliced bread. Maybe its the superstitious part of me that it bothers.

that is just how some people are. does not bother me in the least. i am a massive redskins fan and i rarely wear more than a hat when i am slumming and a jersey on gamedays.

if i wear my jerseys around all next week, does that make me bandwagon? i think not. don't be so quick to judge people.

my dad has never missed watching a game in 30 years and just got his first jersey for x-mas. i don't think he has ever owned more than a hat before.

the amount of gear you are pimping has nothing to do with it.

people who know me know how die-hard i am, and i personally know i love my redskins. outside of that i don't give a ****.

Here in North Carolina me and my buddy were saying that the Panthers fans were putting there stuff up and digging out their old Redskins stuff from the back of the closet. Lot of Carolina / Redskins fans here depending on who is playing better. Not true fans to me!!

It doesnt bother me because I know its coming everytime we make the playoffs or do anything good, you start to notice people you never heard say anything about the skins or wear anything with the redskins on it, wearing it. And they only wear it after victories. REAL REDSKINS FANS WEAR THAT BURGUNDY AND GOLD THROUGH VICTORY AND DEFEAT!!!!!!!

I disagree. Not sure Ill call anyone a fan who feels/shows pride only when the goings good.

Thats not the point. The point is some fans simply do not wear team gear and sport the team's colors. Not all the time.

Examples....

A lot of them have been fans all along, just didn't show it.

When the skins are loosing, I still never miss a game. But I don't post much, and I don't want to talk about it, and I don't want to be approached by people who want to needle me, so I don't invite the "barbs" by wearing skins stuff.

Ive just been more excited to wear my Skins stuff lately. I always wear it every week anyways, but lately its been a lot more. I also got some stuff for Christmas to add to my collection
i am a massive redskins fan and i rarely wear more than a hat when i am slumming and a jersey on gamedays.

if i wear my jerseys around all next week, does that make me bandwagon? i think not. don't be so quick to judge people.

my dad has never missed watching a game in 30 years and just got his first jersey for x-mas. i don't think he has ever owned more than a hat before.

the amount of gear you are pimping has nothing to do with it.

Long story short, just because you're wearing gear now when you didn't 18 weeks ago does not mean you aren't a fan. Bandwagon fans are people who did not follow the team the whole season...people who just learned that the skins are in the playoffs. Not people that are fans but just are wearing some/more gear because the Skins are hot and in the playoffs.

People that wear/sport more skins gear because the Skins are hot does not always mean they are also people who are bandwagon fans.

Eitherway...

Who cares? I mean, the more fans, the better. Some bandwagon fans will get SUCKED into skins fandom by success and playoff runs, so its actually good for the franchise.

Archived