Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Pacquiao Just Waiting For Mayweather To Sign The Contract And Announce The Fight.

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/434560/sports/boxing/pacquiao-just-waiting-for-mayweather-to-sign-contract-announce-fight

Rumor is, that FM plans to make it official and sign it Sunday, and then announce it at the NBA All Star Game

Couple news nuggets:

I guess the biggest news is the fact that Al Haymon's PBC boxing will also be appearing on CBS, NBC, BET, ESPN2, and SPIKE TV. I was wondering how those ~20 dates that he initially booked were gonna be sufficient for such a large stable of fighters but now it all makes sense. Each fighter would be featured on different networks at different points of the year. Pure genius. This dude takes a lot of flack for the big fights he prevented but it seems like Al Haymon had a plan all along. If he continues to schedule good fights like the ones on the horizon thus far, this will turn out to be one of the best moves the sport has seen in a long time.

Speaking of ESPN, they are now making plans to do away with the Friday Night Fights as we know it, and start putting in bids for much bigger fights. As we know there are quite a few relevant boxers right now who got their start on Friday Night Fights. Adrien Broner and Deontay Wilder immediately come to mind. But now ESPN wants to start bidding for the big fights. For example, recently the networks were bidding for the Lucas Mattysse vs Ruslan Provodnikov fight, we do know that fight will be shown on HBO. Well now ESPN wants to start throwing its name in the hat as well. When there's big fights coming up, ESPN will try to get those shown in the Friday Night Fights slot. Could be a good move because they're already bringing in very good ratings but I would be against it if they don't find another platform for the up-and-comers.

Another big move for boxing is the fact that Todd Duboef is spearheading a move by Top Rank to roll out a brand new series on a free cable TV network that has never done boxing before. (Network should be revealed soon). The series is gonna be like HBO "Boxing After Dark" and will feature world championship boxing and eliminator's in a "one huge show per month" format. Another move for the sport that could feature some big fights. We gotta find a way to get Arum and Haymon to work together again.

And speaking of big fights, All Access "Mayweather-Pacquiao" officially starts on 4/18/15 after Chavez Jr vs Fonfara. Initially Manny's side felt it wasn't necessary and proposed one hour long special for each fighter before the fight on their respective networks but it looks like Floyd's side didn't agree and wanted to move forward with business as usual. I'm still holding out hope that they find a way to let Max Kellerman do a Face-Off. Probably wishful thinking on my part but not too far-fetched. 

• Like 1

Must be true because I saw another report from a different writer saying the samething.

They both can't be wrong.

And if this all turns out to be true, I must give a shout out to Rexx. He called it.

Edited by DM72
  • Like 1

Floyd probably has every intention to announce this fight today. He probably already has it all keyed up in his Shots app waiting to press "post". But the thing is, he's so ego driven.

2 things:

a.) I'm sure he's getting the biggest kick out of all these free promotion and making ppl wait so long, being the topic of every boxing conversation every damn day, especially when other major sporting events are upcoming and the general public feels it's the "perfect platform" for the big announcement.

b.) I'm sure he's pissed that his target date has been leaked so he's probably contemplating on making us wait another day or 2 just for ****s & giggles. One man can force him to press the "post" button & that is Uncle Al. Other than that, there's a possibility we'll be waiting. 

On my phone but Dan Rafael is reporting on Twitter that both sides have agreed and the only thing left is for Floyd to announce. Could happen today.

Dan Rafael is probably the least reliable source of all the main stream media out there. He reports any and everything that's fed to him w/o doing the dirty work of "fact-checking" for himself. Not saying he's wrong on this but just something to keep in mind. I typically sprinkle his reports with salt grains.

Must be true because I saw another report from a different writer saying the samething.

They both can't be wrong.

False. 10 different writers can piggy-back off another story, add their own lil spin to it, and put it out there just to say they reported it. Again, not saying that's the case here but there are plenty examples of this.

And if this all turns out to be true, I must give a shout out to Rexx. He called it.

Thanks DM. I'm really not the "I told u so" type unless of course you & I are in one of our "spirited debates" and I'm forced into it lol. I really appreciate the acknowledgment tho. 

Not. Going. To. Happen.

LOL hold strong and stand firm to your beliefs my brother.

Edited by Rexx1240
  • Like 1