Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Maybe Tarver had a rematch clause? Look at Punisher-Quintana.

tarver did have a rematch clause, but those can be worked around. i wouldn't compare it to Punisher/Quintana simply because Tarver is on his last legs, he's not goin to get better. sure he still has some skills, but time is not on his side.

he wasn't necessarily outclassed by Dawson, he was overwhelmed by the younger, faster, stronger Dawson.

Friday Night Fights returns tonight on ESPN2 with one of the most exciting prospects in boxing, 2004 Gold Medalist Yuriorkis Gamboa

Gamboa is one of the more exciting offensive fighters i've seen in a long time, but he has a fatal flaw of leaving his hands down which makes his fights more competitive than they ever should be. still his head movement speed is great, which is probably why he feels he can leave his hands down like that. despite that fatal flaw, he has ever punch in the book and lightning quick hands on offense.

nvm, i was wrong

Demetrius Andrade from the 2004 US olympic team has looked very impressive in his first 2 pro fights. hopefully Gary has similar success

Andre Berto fights Luis Collazo on HBO saturday as well, if he looks good, expect his next fight to be against one of the big names at 147

Edited by StillUnknown

sweet jesus that knockdown was brutal, i'm surprised Reyes is being allowed to continue

very impressive debut for Mr. Russell. fast hands, decent pop. i would've like to see the jab a bit more, but very hard to critique a 4 round debut fight.

props to his opponent Reyes for actually coming to fight instead of just showing up like so many other fighters do in showcase fights

Edited by StillUnknown

sweet jesus that knockdown was brutal, i'm surprised Reyes is being allowed to continue
:yes: Credit to Reyes for wanting to continue, but man, while there are things Russell needs to work on (the jab, protecting his face), he's got POWER. Nice debut :) :applause:

theres a snag in the proposed Pacman/Hatton fight. Pacman wants a 60/40 split, hatton wants 50/50. hatton's people countered with a 52/48 split in favor of Pacman but Pac is still holding strong for a 60/40. theres a chance this fight will not happen.

on another note, Andre Berto fights tonight on HBO, should be a good fight as he's always exciting

Andre Berto & Luis Collazo just put on a Fight of the Year type of fight. i had collazo winning slightly, but the judges gave it to Berto. wasn't a robbery though. Berto fought his ass off in the championship rounds. toe to toe war for 12 rounds, if you missed it, try to catch the replay on HBO this week

Fight of the year? It was boring after the first couple of rounds. Collazzo was robbed, and Berto has no stamina, and will get worked against one of the better welterweights.

you are the first person i've heard describe the fight as boring. it was fight of the year quality. if Berto has no stamina, why was he able to clearly win the 11th & 12th rounds?

Edited by StillUnknown

Fight of the year? It was boring after the first couple of rounds. Collazzo was robbed, and Berto has no stamina, and will get worked against one of the better welterweights.

No offense, if you thought that fight was boring then you don't know boxing. And then you talk about Berto's stamina, he fought his arse off in the last few rounds.

Berto vs. Punisher?

punisher called him out a couple of fights ago, Berto's management team & promoter quickly drew silent

only fighter i've heard say he wants to fight the Punisher is James Kirkland, it could happen if Kirkland gets past Joel Julio in early march. Julio is tough fight for Kirkland though, so the fight with the Punisher may never materialize

Punisher would hurt Berto though. Berto has tremendous handspeed, but he can't fight on the inside to save his life. punisher could use his reach to pick him apart, or get inside and destroy Berto's body

Edited by StillUnknown

punisher called him out a couple of fights ago, Berto's management team & promoter quickly drew silent

only fighter i've heard say he wants to fight the Punisher is James Kirkland, it could happen if Kirkland gets past Joel Julio in early march. Julio is tough fight for Kirkland though, so the fight with the Punisher may never materialize

Punisher would hurt Berto though. Berto has tremendous handspeed, but he can't fight on the inside to save his life. punisher could use his reach to pick him apart, or get inside and destroy Berto's body

Bravo to Kirkland for actually having the guts to WANT to fight Paul.

No offense, if you thought that fight was boring then you don't know boxing. And then you talk about Berto's stamina, he fought his arse off in the last few rounds.

None taken. And I do know boxing. Berto won the last two rounds, but it was not enough IMO. He was gassed the entire fight after the 2nd round. The judge that scored it 116-111 must have done an entire 8 ball during the fight.

None taken. And I do know boxing. Berto won the last two rounds, but it was not enough IMO. He was gassed the entire fight after the 2nd round. The judge that scored it 116-111 must have done an entire 8 ball during the fight.

you are right about the 116-111 judge! That was crazy. I can't understand how you think this fight was boring though? This was a great fight...we did learn that Berto shouldn't try to trade with anyone though, he needs to stick to text book boxing!

I had Berto winning the fight by one point (won it in the 12th round) I really tip my hat to Colazo though...he is a hell of a competitor. Props to Berto for giving him a verbal rematch as well, I hope it materializes on paper.

you are right about the 116-111 judge! That was crazy. I can't understand how you think this fight was boring though? This was a great fight...we did learn that Berto shouldn't try to trade with anyone though, he needs to stick to text book boxing!

I had Berto winning the fight by one point (won it in the 12th round) I really tip my hat to Colazo though...he is a hell of a competitor. Props to Berto for giving him a verbal rematch as well, I hope it materializes on paper.

116-111 for Berto is a joke and that judge should have his credentials revoked. i scored it for Collazo by one point, but can easily see the argument for Berto with a score of 114-113. time for Harold Lederman to hang'em up, his scoring on the past few HBO cards has been atrocious. he gave one round to collazo in which Collazo landed 7 shots to Bertos 25

i think its a good shot at a rematch. the fight itself was very exciting and warrants a rematch, but next to that, Berto showed he's not yet ready for the big boys of the division (Margarito, Cotto, Punisher, Clottey)

Edited by StillUnknown