Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

2 good fights tonight on HBO at 10:30pm:

Shane Mosley vs. Ricardo Mayorga

Andre Berto vs. Steve Forbes

Shane should have no problems with Mayorga. Mayorga is a brawler with power, Shane has a great chin and will be able to withstand anything Mayorga can hit him with. Shane will be able to outbox him early and finish him with him in the late rounds

Berto is the one considered to be the best young fighter at the stacked 147lb division. Forbes represents a step up in competition for Berto, as he's never fought anyone with the technical skills Forbes brings to the table. While Forbes is technical, he's fighting probably 2 divisions too high, so he has no power. this match was made so people could compare how Berto did against Forbes compared to how De La Hoya did.

it would be big accomplishment for Berto to finish Forbes since it hasn't been done. Forbes has never even been knocked down before i believe. i expect Berto to win a one-sided unanimous decision

Edited by StillUnknown

Mayorga starting to fall apart

i'm not sure he was ever together to begin with

i'm still not that impressed with Shane tonight, he's too experienced to allow himself to be sucked into fighting Mayorga's fight. the same thing happened when he fought Cotto, he stood toe to toe instead of using his boxing.

i'm not sure he was ever together to begin with

i'm still not that impressed with Shane tonight, he's too experienced to allow himself to be sucked into fighting Mayorga's fight. the same thing happened when he fought Cotto, he stood toe to toe instead of using his boxing.

He looked good the first two rounds. Mosley looked like he was holding back for strategic purposes. I think Shane has been a smart fighter for the most part.

I lost interest at round 7.

That is the greatest end to a fight I think I've ever seen. Wow, just wow. And I'm not much of a boxing fan, but to finish the KO in the last seconds of the 12th. Damn.
I've seen that happen live (it was a 10-rd fight). Jimmy Lange vs. Tommy Wilt. TKO w/ just 15 seconds left in the last round.

The entire fight.

And Lange's entrance rules.

2 Beltway boxers on Shobox tomorrow (starts at 11 on Showtime):

-Prospect (first fight was in December 2007) Fernando Guerrero (9-0, 9 KOs) vs. Tyrone Watson (7-0, 3 KOs)

-24-year-old prospect (been fighting for 3+ years, but still-young) Tim Coleman (14-0-1, 3 KOs) vs. James De la Rosa (17-0, 12 KOs)

Edited by ACW

alot of fights are happening tomorrow as well:

3 top prospects on HBO, including Yuriorkis Gamboa who's probably the top prospect in all of boxing

Arthur Abraham vs. Raul Marquez

Juan Manuel Lopez vs. Cesar Figueroa

I may watch that. I'm more interested in tonight though...Beltway Boxers.