Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Cotto is my favorite boxer...but I've come to the reality that he is finished. His head isn't right and he lacks mental toughness.

I don't understand how a guy can take the beating Cotto did and not be tough. Are you talking about focus?

I don't understand how a guy can take the beating Cotto did and not be tough. Are you talking about focus?

cotto's been a different fighter since he got beat by margarito (who was more than likely cheating)

his entire makeup as a fighter changed a bit. he even admitted to getting the new tattoos in an effort to look tougher

his entire makeup as a fighter changed a bit. he even admitted to getting the new tattoos in an effort to look tougher

Why would a boxer need to get tattoos to prove he's tough? I can see some of these other clowns like basketball and football players, gang members, rappers or any other wanna be tough guy, but not a pro boxer. Trust me, everybody knows they're tough without tattoos.

Why would a boxer need to get tattoos to prove he's tough? I can see some of these other clowns like basketball and football players, gang members, rappers or any other wanna be tough guy, but not a pro boxer. Trust me, everybody knows they're tough without tattoos.

i agree with you, but thats the reasoning Cotto himself gave behind the new ink, which really says something about his mental state post-margacheato

I guess intimidation, but that kind of stuff won't work with a fighter like Pac. That was the first live fight I've watched Pac fight, and I was more then impressed. I am really hoping for a Pac vs. Mayweather fight, there is no way I would miss that, and the revenue for that fight would be through the roof.

StillUnkown pretty much summed it up. but to answer your question....anyone can take a beating...you don't have to be tough to get your ass whipped!!!!

I'm not calling Cotto a ***** or anything, but like still said, Cotto hasn't been right in the head since Margarito...pretty sad.

Once Cotto takes a few shots and gets knocked down, he retreats the rest of the fight. Cotto can win by retreating/counter punching; not against top flight opponents anyway.

I'm disappointed my boy is down and out, but I will rally around Pacquiao and hope for a huge upset against Floyd.

Edited by Gator Bait

I guess intimidation, but that kind of stuff won't work with a fighter like Pac. That was the first live fight I've watched Pac fight, and I was more then impressed. I am really hoping for a Pac vs. Mayweather fight, there is no way I would miss that, and the revenue for that fight would be through the roof.

Arum already planned on having Pacman's next fight at the new Cowboy Stadium in 2010. Possible fights would be Marquez 3 or Mayweather, but I'm hoping for the latter. Arum wants a 50/50 split, so only Floyd's greed can prevent this fight from happening.

Fight of the century with the pound 4 pound title on the line, I'm definitely getting tickets to that joint. I'll be there waving my Philipino Flag [*>-]

Arum already planned on having Pacman's next fight at the new Cowboy Stadium in 2010. Possible fights would be Marquez 3 or Mayweather, but I'm hoping for the latter. Arum wants a 50/50 split, so only Floyd's greed can prevent this fight from happening.

Fight of the century with the pound 4 pound title on the line, I'm definitely getting tickets to that joint. I'll be there waving my Philipino Flag [*>-]

Marquez - Pacquiao 3 would be a much better fight than Mayweather - Paquiao! Wouldn't generate half the money though....too bad money takes precedents over the best match ups and the fights that real boxing fans want to see and not the main stream pay - per- view whores!

Marquez - Pacquiao 3 would be a much better fight than Mayweather - Paquiao! Wouldn't generate half the money though....too bad money takes precedents over the best match ups and the fights that real boxing fans want to see and not the main stream pay - per- view whores!

Real boxing fans want to see Pac/Mayweather. No offense to Marquez, but he got destroyed by the bigger Mayweather. Why would Pac move down to a weight that's more comfortable to Marquez?

i'm picking Ward to upset Kessler tomorrow. Kessler is very good at what he does, but he's also predictable. his style is very effective, but he very rarely deviates from it, although he hasn't really had to do.

Ward is a very smart fighter in the ring. good quickness, and will be able to stay out of kessler's power zones. i think Ward will do enough win a close decision tomorrow.

As for Maquez/Pacquiao, it will make money (NOT as much as Manny/Floyd). A while back, Manny was called the Mexican killer or something like that because he beat Marquez, Barrera, Morales and Diaz. Marquez gave Manny all he could handle and then some. Not saying Manny is scared (doubt it), but somebody in his camp doesn't want Marquez anymore (Maybe his promoter Bob Arum). If they fight a 3rd time, I think Marquez will get his long awaited victory.

I got Ward by UD. Should be a good night of boxing. Plus HBO has the replay of Cotto/Pacquiao for those that missed it.

i hope ward finds a way to pull off the upset. it would be kinda deflating to see the 3 americans go 0-3 to start the tourney.

kessler is heavy handed though with good technique, he could easily put Ward down for good (he's been knocked down by lesser fighters than Kessler).

ward has improved everytime out though, i expect him to show his talent tomorrow night. plus Ward is really easy guy to root for, very humble & respectful and appears to have his head on straight (so is Kessler for that matter)

Edited by StillUnknown

Real boxing fans want to see Pac/Mayweather. No offense to Marquez, but he got destroyed by the bigger Mayweather. Why would Pac move down to a weight that's more comfortable to Marquez?

do you watch boxing at all??? Pacquiao has only fought one welterweight fight, just like marquez. Marquez vs. Pacquiao one and two have been two of the best fights in the past 5 years.

Pacquiao's natural weight right now would probably be 140, maybe 135....him and marquez would fall under the same weight class.

Marquez got destroyed by Mayweather because mayweather is bigger, faster, stronger, and has better boxing skill.

Insert Pacquiao in the above sentence in place of Marquez and it will also be true.

Andre Ward beat the hell out of Kessler from the opening bell

i picked him to win, never expected him to dominate as he did

masterful performance from Ward. his speed and angles were excellent in this fight. he never gave kessler the same look, which had kessler confused the entire fight. Ward did basically whatever he wanted to do and even showed some aggressiveness late in trying to finish the fight

the situation reminds me alot of when young floyd dominated the established undisputed champ in Genaro Hernandez.

ward fought like a faster version of Bernard Hopkins. throwing combo's at times, clinching and doing some inside fighting (which kessler wanted no parts of)

this bout should make ward the favorite to win the tourney, the only other fighter i can see with a chance to beat him in the tourney is Abraham due to his power.

on a sidenote, i was never a fan of Antonio Tarver, but he is great as boxing commentator during fights.

Edited by StillUnknown

cotto's been a different fighter since he got beat by margarito (who was more than likely cheating)

I see your point, but I personally can't knock a guy who stayed in there about 2 rounds too long.

StillUnkown pretty much summed it up. but to answer your question....anyone can take a beating...you don't have to be tough to get your ass whipped!!!!

I think you do. I know I try to avoid the fights where I know I'll get pummeled (not that I fight anyway).

Edited by jnhay

I think you do. I know I try to avoid the fights where I know I'll get pummeled (not that I fight anyway).

Cotto was back peddling from the 5th round on. He wanted no part of Pacman. I hate to bash my boy, but he flat out doesn't have the mental toughness to compete at a high level in this sport anymore.