Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Steve Farhood was looking for rounds to give to Porter. There was no excessive holding. Porter was lunging like a mad man.

everyone was. I really couldnt think of many rounds to give Porter.

the guy is such a limited boxer and it got found out versus someone as strong as him.

Great win for Brook, would love to see him shut Khan up.

Tuned in to watch Trout rebound, then he gets dropped twiceby Dawson in the 3rd.

What a fall from grace

Precipitous doesn't even begin to describe it

Yea mann it's crazy. Trout hasn't been the same since Canelo made him do the stanky leg.... been downhill for his career ever since.

• Like 1

After getting knocked down twice, Trout regrouped and got back to basics (a little). He still threw a lot of wild punches. He should win this easily.

Trout is experiencing one of those "life comes at you fast" periods. From upsetting Cotto, to getting knockdown on small friday night cards.

• Like 1

Welp might have just seen the end of JLeon Love's career. He just got TKO'd

The TMT stable is super suspect.

That TKO was a long time coming for Love. He was never going to be a top shelf prospect. Still can be solid pro, maybe pick up some obscure trinket of a title, but he most likely tops out as gatekeeper for real prospects.

Lol...When they showed the replay, did anyone else see Floyd's response? When the ref counting Love out, behind those sunglasses you can see him say "DAMN."

And yes, the TMT stable is VERY suspect.

Edited by DM72

Love had this coming for a while. He escaped some suspect decisions recently. Did you see his right leg shaking while he was down? That punch put him on easy street. It hasn't been a very good year for TMT. Hope that's not a sign of things to come on September 13th.

Love had this coming for a while. He escaped some suspect decisions recently. Did you see his right leg shaking while he was down? That punch put him on easy street. It hasn't been a very good year for TMT. Hope that's not a sign of things to come on September 13th.

I'm gonna make a bold prediction for Sept 13. Floyd gets knocked down but he wins the fight.

I'm gonna make a bold prediction for Sept 13. Floyd gets knocked down but he wins the fight.

Maidana has the power.  If the fight plays out the same way as the first one, I can see that too. If he's fights on the ropes again, I see him getting caught with something. Don't know if it will be enough to KO him. Floyd is aging and there is some decline. Can't beat Father Time. Still see Floyd winning by UD, because he'll box and stay in the middle of the ring.

People said Mayweathers legs where gone after the Cotto fight I thought so myself. Mayweather then proceded to make Guerrerro and Saul look like amateurs. A fighter has a "bad" night and everyone thinks he's lost it and forget about 5 months earilier.

Father Time catches up with everyone eventually unless your Banard Hopkins or Floyd Mayweather. One thing these two fighters have is there condition, i will never question his legs. Losing Instincts is the scary part for Mayweather as he depends on it more than any attribute that and his boxing IQ.

Canelo and Guerrero tried to outbox Floyd. That was their plan and it backfired on them. Maidana didn't. He just tried to rough him up and had some success there. To beat Floyd at this stage in his career, you're going to have more than one plan of attack. You need to be able to adapt (box and brawl) in the ring and have some respectable power. You got to make him uncomfortable in the ring. That hasn't been done in a long time until the Maidana fight. Maidana doesn't have a "One-hitter Quitter" punch, but he can bang. He's awkward and will again bring the fight to Floyd, but will end up coming up short on the scorecards again. Don't be surprised if he gets DQ'ed. Kenny Bayless don't play.

People said Mayweathers legs where gone after the Cotto fight I thought so myself. Mayweather then proceded to make Guerrerro and Saul look like amateurs. A fighter has a "bad" night and everyone thinks he's lost it and forget about 5 months earilier.

Father Time catches up with everyone eventually unless your Banard Hopkins or Floyd Mayweather. One thing these two fighters have is there condition, i will never question his legs. Losing Instincts is the scary part for Mayweather as he depends on it more than any attribute that and his boxing IQ.

His instincts and reflexes are still sharp, its his legs that don't move same. Floyd can't turn off the ropes like he used to, so he chooses to stay in the pocket and look for sharp counter-shots instead.

Canelo & Guerrero didn't pressure Floyd the way Cotto & Maidana did. Even with his legs diminishing, his upper-body & head movement are still sharp. Floyd can still beat just about anybody even without his legs, when his reflexes go is when he should really start to worry.

Canelo and Guerrero tried to outbox Floyd. That was their plan and it backfired on them. Maidana didn't. He just tried to rough him up and had some success there. To beat Floyd at this stage in his career, you're going to have more than one plan of attack. You need to be able to adapt (box and brawl) in the ring and have some respectable power. You got to make him uncomfortable in the ring. That hasn't been done in a long time until the Maidana fight. Maidana doesn't have a "One-hitter Quitter" punch, but he can bang. He's awkward and will again bring the fight to Floyd, but will end up coming up short on the scorecards again. Don't be surprised if he gets DQ'ed. Kenny Bayless don't play.

Actually neither Canelo or Guerrero tried to outbox Floyd. Both of them had the same game plan; which also happened to be the same plan Maidana had. Only difference in the Maidana fight was the dirty tactics. Maidana didn't show Floyd the same respect as the other two either, which allowed him to keep his foot on the gas until the fatigue set in. No fighter or trainer goes into a Mayweather fight with plan A is to outbox Floyd. They just don't. Plan A is always pressure.

I'm not sure if Floyd's legs are gone or not. I've been watching him his entire career so I can def see a slight decline. But I don't think his ability to move is gone just yet. He still stays in tip-top shape and he's had no major injuries thru out his career. It'll be hard to really tell because he's a very sharp fighter and he adjusts so well. 

We'll know for sure on 9/13. If his legs are gone, this fight will look a lot like the opening 6 rounds of the 1st. If he still has his legs, this fight will more closely resemble the Canelo or Guerrero fights.

Few big names fighting this weekend, unfortunately they aren't fighting each other.

The one I think will be most interesting is Mattysee-Ortiz. I got Lucas winning a majority decision but there will be fireworks.

Broner gets to face Emmanuel Taylor. Not sure what kind of mental state Taylor will have on fight night but if the stage isn't too big for him, he'll definitely make Broner work hard to get the W. Broner by UD

Berto should be able to wipe the floor with Chambers.