Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Glad to see Lara stop Angulo. A lot of guys would have folded after getting knocked down twice.

Lopez and Maidana was one hell of a fight. Can't really argue with the stoppage as Lopez was taking a bunch of punches without throwing any.

Nice boxing tonight. Didn't care for Gamboa's fight. He's so talented, but he's missing something. Chad got rocked. That was a good stoppage. Same with Maidana and Lopez. Good stoppage. Hopkins needs to retire and Charlo has some work to do.

Nice boxing tonight. Didn't care for Gamboa's fight. He's so talented, but he's missing something. Chad got rocked. That was a good stoppage. Same with Maidana and Lopez. Good stoppage. Hopkins needs to retire and Charlo has some work to do.

Why should Hopkins retire? He's still winning fights.

Why should Hopkins retire? He's still winning fights.

it's hard to know exactly what he was thinking while in the ring, cause I'm not the one in there getting hit. But I don't think he's that good. He hardly threw any punches. He is a boxer, who doesn't want to throw punches. He should have been trying to school Charlo. Charlo stepped up in competition and did what he had to do and win, but I wasn't impressed (after hearing a lot of the hype). I feel Hopkins wasn't trying to win. Just there to collect a check.

alfredo-angulo-eye.jpg?w=600&h=350

I thought Angulo was in trouble when his face showed damage after the first couple of rounds, but it's amazing how quick that eye swelled after that one shot from Lara late.

Angulo is one of the toughest guys in boxing, I can't imagine the kind of pain he had to be in to literally turn his back and walk away from the action the way he did. He didn't come out on top, but he fought a damn good fight against a guy who was a horrible matchup for him. He'll always be a solid bet for a Showtime card because you can count on him to deliver an action fight.

Not really sure whats next for Lara. A rematch with Angulo would make sense, but Angulo may be on the shelf a while. Cotto would be a good fight, but I have a hard time believing Cotto would be interested in that fight in this stage of his career. Maybe he gets in the ring with Austin Trout, but that fight would could be a snoozer.

Edited by StillUnknown

I don't think Lara would want a rematch with Angula. He won a tough fight against a tough fighter, let's move on. Maybe he could fight Sergio Martinez, but I can see them putting him in there with Trout.

Mikey Garcia came in 2 lbs over the featherweight limit (126).  That's wrong on him, but Juanma Lopez agreed to the fight after getting some extra cash. I like Mikey in this fight, but both he and Juanma can bang. Juanma's chin took a beating against Orlando Salido twice. Don't think I have seen Mikey get his chin checked yet. I expect Juanma to test it. Whoever gets off first may decide the winner.  Expecting a good fight with Mikey getting the late stoppage in 10 or 11. Also, we get to see more of Terrance Crawford. He boxed extremely well in his last fight against Prescott. Let's hope for two good boxing matches tonight on HBO.

Mikey Garcia just might be the best pound for pound fighter in the world.

Pound for pound is about resume, he doesn't have it yet. Probably won't get it unless he goes to 135 or 140. He has the talent, but now he needs the competition. Unfortunately for him, 130 & 135 are slim pickings.

For a good chunk of time, Ivan Calderon was about a half a click behind Floyd in terms of pure boxing ability, but nobody cared because he fought at 106lbs

Mikey couldn't miss tonight. He was tagging Juanma at will. Not sure if Juanma still has it. He has 3 bad KO losses. He has no defense and in his 3 losses, his lack of defense and discipline hurt him. Decent performances by Crawford and Mikey.

Looking for an exciting fight tonight between Malignaggi and Broner!! When the fight was first announced, I can admit, I wasn't too interested. "Another easy win for Broner" is what I was thinking. But the build up for this fight has been nothing short of outstanding. If it were PPV these two def should have had an opportunity to do their own All-Access. I think Paulie is a little more slick and crafty but he has no power on his punches. Broner will definitely try to out-muscle him even though Paulie's considered the bigger man. I probably have to give Broner a slight edge in hand speed. Both boxers have a high boxing IQ which always makes for an interesting fight. There will be down times where each fighter will wanna wait and counter and there will be times where they slug it out. Either way, I'm looking for a good fight.

Nonetheless I got Broner by Split Decision

If Broner goes to a split decision, thats as damaging as a loss IMO

Paulie's legs looked done when he just barely squeaked by Pablo Cesar Cano (who managed to lose to the corpse of Shane Mosley his last time out). If Broner is who he thinks he is, he should handle Paulie with relative ease. Maybe a couple of close rounds while Broner gets his timing, but I expect Broner to finish him in the mid rounds. Everytime Paulie steps up to fight someone in the upper class, he not only loses, he gets punished.

I'm not expecting it to be very close to be honest.

Edited by StillUnknown

I like both fighters Pauly has been making Broner look stupid leading up to the fight. Only Mayweather can compete with Pauly in the trash talking department. As far as the fight Pauly no power but is a very good boxer and Broner is going to he hit with a bigger guy moving up 3 weight classes in 1 1/2 years only fighting one fight at 135 before skipping 140 and 147.

The undercard has some interesting fights as well. Showtime has been kicking HBO ass since Floyd jumped ship it's good fights almost every 2 weeks.

Broner will win. However, Paulie has been eating him alive with the trash talk. Broner's comebacks were weak. A lot of hype for Broner and this is a step up in weight and class. He should get the win. Paulie will hang for a bit and try to survive. Also, Paulie has no power, but he can talk a mean fight.  The drama with the girl referred to as "weekend booty" should just add fuel to the fire. Should be interesting for as long as it lasts. Broner by TKO in 11.

Paulie's point of view about the "Jessica" drama. NSFW.

Edited by ksun247

Show already started the broadcast and wow a incredible first fight a unanimous desison win for undefeated J-Rock Williams but this Hasseem dude came on the last 3 rounds throwing bombs.

That was on Showtime extreme showed a few fights then went off

Edited by SiCkSoULjA

seeing people on twitter legitimately wondering if Banks threw that fight

I don't know if I could say that, but that was a weird performance. I almost expect to hear something about a broken hand or something. Mitchell didn't do much, but Banks did absolutely nothing after the 3rd or 4th round.

The less said about that fight, the better. Neither fighter looks good after that one.