Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

BS. This is just another excuse by Floyd Mayweather to avoid a fight with someone who has a shot at beating him. As we know Floyd is a glorified Golden Boy fighter. With that being said, Alvarez probably doesn't want the fight as much as he claims. We'll get Mayweather vs either Khan or Alexander and Alvarez vs Cotto. None of those fights should interest anyone.

And rumor has it that last week's Mayweather/Guerrero fight brought way less than a million buys

Mayweather isn't even quoted at all in that article. In fact he hasn't even spoken at all about a Canelo fight, nor has his camp. The article is simply stating what Canelo and his camp are saying, which is that 154 is as low as they will go.

How is Floyd making an excuse when he hasn't even commented period?

And I'm sorry but no, refusing to fight someone who will be at least 20lbs heavier than you on fight night is not an excuse. That is a huge disadvantage, Floyd's punching power is already very decreased from moving up in weight as much as he has, so now he should move up even more to fight a much bigger guy and cripple his skill set further?

If anything the article is 100% about Canelo and his camp's demands for a prospective fight with Mayweather.

Edited by NoCalMike

I think the biggest thing getting in the way of the fight being made in September is the fact that it would be an even bigger spectacle on Cinco de Mayo next year.

Boxing negotiations are stupid and petty, just don't rise and fall with every tidbit that gets leaked to the press, chances are its probably bull**** anyway.

Mayweather isn't even quoted at all in that article. In fact he hasn't even spoken at all about a Canelo fight, nor has his camp. The article is simply stating what Canelo and his camp are saying, which is that 154 is as low as they will go.

How is Floyd making an excuse when he hasn't even commented period?

And I'm sorry but no, refusing to fight someone who will be at least 20lbs heavier than you on fight night is not an excuse. That is a huge disadvantage, Floyd's punching power is already very decreased from moving up in weight as much as he has, so now he should move up even more to fight a much bigger guy and cripple his skill set further?

If anything the article is 100% about Canelo and his camp's demands for a prospective fight with Mayweather.

I'm just reading between the lines. This weight issue gives each fighter a built-in excuse if the fight doesn't happen.

ROBERT GUERRERO FIREARM POSSESSION CHARGES DISMISSED

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article14414.html

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/robert-guerrero-firearm-possession-charges-dismissed-in-connection-with-march-28-new-york-city-arrest-196966

Early today, Six-Time and Four-Division World Champion Robert Guerrero appeared in New York State Supreme Court for Queens County where all firearm possession charges were dismissed in connection with his March 28 arrest at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City. Guerrero pled guilty to disorderly conduct, a violation and not a crime, was fined $250 and ordered to complete 50 hours of community service which he will be allowed to perform in his home state of California.

*** MORE AT LINKS

---------- Post added May-14th-2013 at 02:46 PM ----------

MANNY PACQUIAO ARRESTED

http://manilatimes.net/index/index.php/news/top-stories/47410-pacquiao-mauls-barangay-captain

Rep. Emmanuel “Manny” Pacquiao, once regarded as the world’s best pound-for-pound boxer, is facing charges of vote buying and serious physical injuries for mauling a barangay chairman who tried to stop him from distributing rice and cash to voters in General Santos City late Saturday night.

Pacquiao is seeking reelection as representative of the lone district of Sarangani province.

Alfredo Belgica, the barangay chairman of San Jose, was beaten almost to a pulp by Pacquiao and his bodyguards at 11 p.m. on Saturday. Belgica claimed that Pacquiao and his bodyguards ganged up on him when he confronted them for going house-to-house and distributing cash and goods to families in the barangay. The lawmaker and his group arrived in the barangay in a five-car convoy. Part of the convoy was a truck loaded with rice and various goods Pacquiao and his men gave out to families in the community.

*** MORE AT LINK

I'm just reading between the lines. This weight issue gives each fighter a built-in excuse if the fight doesn't happen.

Well IMO, the weight issue wouldn't be an "excuse" more like a valid reason. Especially if they were aiming for November.

I just don't think one guy should be blamed over the other since it is either a big weight gain or big weight loss for one 'em.

Well IMO, the weight issue wouldn't be an "excuse" more like a valid reason. Especially if they were aiming for November.

I just don't think one guy should be blamed over the other since it is either a big weight gain or big weight loss for one 'em.

Floyd didn't have a problem going up to 154 to fight Cotto. Now he wants Alverez do come down to 147. In other words, he's pulling the samething that he relentlessly criticized Pacquiao for when he fought Cotto. Floyd is one of the biggest hypocrites I ever saw.

Edited by DM72

Lucas Matthysse vs. Lamont Peterson on Showtime tonight.

I think Peterson will have some good moments, but I expect Matthysse power to win the night. Peterson has been dropped my punchers that don't have Matthysse's power, if he's really thinking about standing toe to toe, it could be a painful night for him.

I have Matthysse by late round (T)KO. He's already been shafted by the judges against Judah & Alexander, so if it goes to the judges, who knows what will happen.

Lots of folks picking Matthysse. He has something to prove. He doesn't want to get screwed like he did against Judah and Alexander. After tasting Matthysse's power, Lamont Peterson will box smart and he will win a split decision. Lamont will have to dig deep, because Matthysse will bring it constantly. But if Lamont tries to bang, it will be an early night for him.

Don't even want to see Shane Mosely tonight. He should just retire. He's just letting folks pad their resume with his name. Give it up Shane.

Golden Boy Promotions has a show tonight on Fox Sports. He is fighting Pablo Cano in Cancun, Mexico at 147 lbs for the WBC International welterweight title.

I hope for his sake that he loses. A win will only convince him he can still fight on, worse yet, Golden Boy will feed him to one of their up and coming fighters.

Thinking hard about the Peterson and Matthysse fight. I see Lamont putting in some serious body work to slow Matthysse down. Think he gets the UD. Peterson will get dropped early, but will come back strong to win convincingly.

Yes, Danny Garcia takes a loss against both Peterson and Matthysse.

I hope for his sake that he loses. A win will only convince him he can still fight on, worse yet, Golden Boy will feed him to one of their up and coming fighters.

This is the same thing I was saying but after a shaky start, he was actually able to turn it around and get a UD.:doh:

---------- Post added May-19th-2013 at 12:58 PM ----------

Chris MannixVerified account

‏@ChrisMannixSI

Schaefer says he has September 7th at the Verizon Center in DC targeted for #GarciaMatthysse.

I will definitely be there if it happens

You and me both!!

This is the same thing I was saying but after a shaky start, he was actually able to turn it around and get a UD.:doh:

Kinda says a lot about Paulie Malignaggi. The guy Shane beat last night should have gotten a decision over Malignaggi in his last fight.

Matthysse: "I'll Fight Mayweather or Canelo"

www.eastsideboxing.com/2013/matthysse-ill-fight-mayweather-or-canelo/

I wouldn't mind seeing him going up to fight Mayweather, but Canelo seems a bit to big. I have a feeling Garcia will duck Matthysse and fight Mayweather instead. Honestly, I wouldn't blame him. More money and Matthysse would have knocked his head off.

Also, does anyone else have a feeling Matthysse and Broner is gonna be the next Pacquiao/Mayweather?

Edited by DM72

Shouldn't be, no promotional issues will get in the way of that fight being made.

Yeah, but doesn't Broner takes a lot of advice from his "big brother?" Make a lot of money by taking the safer fights.

Anyway, I suppose both fighters need to be dominate for another couple of years to become a fight everyone craves to see.