Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

I agree that Manny has only been fighting Top Rank fighters. That's because Arum is a greedy old man. But don't tell me Floyd is totally innocent in all of this. Back to Eastside Boxing. They very rarely say anything bad about Floyd. I don't have a problem with it, but they obviously favor Floyd over Pacquiao.

I agree that Manny has only been fighting Top Rank fighters. That's because Arum is a greedy old man. But don't tell me Floyd is totally innocent in all of this. Back to Eastside Boxing. They very rarely say anything bad about Floyd. I don't have a problem with it, but they obviously favor Floyd over Pacquiao.

Theres enough blame too go around these guys are equally at fault, people act like Manny is this golden child he ain't.

As for Manny Pacquiao. He just a puppet in all of this. He will fight whoever his promoter tells him to. That's why he gets a pass from most people. As for Ali, yeah he said some crazy stuff. Him calling Frazier some of the things he did was down right nasty. But he did have principles. He did fight for what he believed in and for civil rights. Floyd on the otherhand just talks about being rich. As for Tyson. We all know dude didn't have em all. I admit, that still don't excuse some of the things he did. I also feel that Tyson was an easy target for people like Don King and Robin Givens and society at large.

Edited by DM72

As for Manny Pacquiao. He just a puppet in all of this. He will fight whoever his promoter tells him to. That's why he gets a pass from most people.

Thats BS.

Manny is one of the 5 or 6 boxers who can choose who he wants the fight. He is the attraction, he moves the needle, he sells the PPV's. If he truly wants a fight, he has the power to make it happen (not saying he should capitulate to all of Mayweather's demands). His promoter should work for him. If its the other way, that is Manny's fault and is not worthy of getting a pass from anybody. Manny is a lot smarter than that.

Thats BS.

Manny is one of the 5 or 6 boxers who can choose who he wants the fight. He is the attraction, he moves the needle, he sells the PPV's. If he truly wants a fight, he has the power to make it happen (not saying he should capitulate to all of Mayweather's demands). His promoter should work for him. If its the other way, that is Manny's fault and is not worthy of getting a pass from anybody. Manny is a lot smarter than that.

How many times has we've seen guys when asked "who do you want to fight next", fighter will say, "I'll have to sit down with my promoter and we'll discuss it" OR "whoever my promoter wants me to fight." Pacquiao IS that type of fighter. I kind of believe he might be easilly manipulated like a lot of fighters have been.

How many times has we've seen guys when asked "who do you want to fight next", fighter will say, "I'll have to sit down with my promoter and we'll discuss it" OR "whoever my promoter wants me to fight." Pacquiao IS that type of fighter. I kind of believe he might be easilly manipulated like a lot of fighters have been.

If thats the case, that still doesn't absolve him from blame. He's a grown ass man, if he isn't in charge of his affairs, he should be. He gets no pass for letting others control him.

If thats the case, that still doesn't absolve him from blame. He's a grown ass man, if he isn't in charge of his affairs, he should be. He gets no pass for letting others control him.

He shouldn't, but he does. Why do we always hear the word, "handlers" when refering to boxers promoters? Because they handle everything. Mayweather's his own boss, so he doesn't have this issue.

I'm with ya, I wish Pac would drop Arum and go make the fight. I still wouldn't agree to just $40 million, but I'd definitely try to make the fight, NOT next year, but THIS November or early December. That should give Floyd plenty of time to train after he's released.

Tyson was used wasn't guided well I agree the man had issues.

Mayweather also has issues and wasn't brought up well, Mother a crackhead, his father drug dealer, his father sold his mother crack at times, his father used him as a sheild from a bullet that missed Jr. but got Big Floyd. His father went too jail for years, In and out of his grandmothers house and back home with his mother, Everything wasn't peaches and creme when it comes too his life style.

Mayweather hes super defensive it doesn't take much too make him snap and people see that and try too bait him too snap and it usually works. He has had plenty loud out burst when people continue and continue too ask him the same question or say that hes ducking Mosley, Cotto, Pac, Margo anybody that he hasn't faught hes ducking.

Manny could be in some hot water. There's reports that he read a scripture from the bible that says all homosexuals should be put to death. They just had the story on ESPN's First Take. And as usual, they didn't tell the whole story. They said Manny just flat out said 'homosexuals should be put to death." Not once did they say he "allegedly" was quoting the bible.

Edited by DM72

Manny could be in some hot water. There's reports that he read a scripture from the bible that says all homosexuals should be put to death. They just had the story on ESPN's First Take. And as usual, they didn't tell the whole story. They said Manny just flat out said 'homosexuals should be put to death." Not once did they say he "allegedly" was quoting the bible.

From what I gather, he made mention of a bible verse to back up his claims that homosexuality was against God and the bible verse had that in it, he didn't actually say the quote. Here is his response:

“I only gave out my opinion that same sex marriage is against the law of God,” he told ABS-CBN’s Dyan Castillejo. “I’m not against gay people…I have a relative who is also gay. We can’t help it if they were born that way. What I’m critical of are actions that violate the word of God.” - Manny Pacquiao

From what I gather, he made mention of a bible verse to back up his claims that homosexuality was against God and the bible verse had that in it, he didn't actually say the quote. Here is his response:

“I only gave out my opinion that same sex marriage is against the law of God,” he told ABS-CBN’s Dyan Castillejo. “I’m not against gay people…I have a relative who is also gay. We can’t help it if they were born that way. What I’m critical of are actions that violate the word of God.” - Manny Pacquiao

That's what I heard too. But he probably shouldn't have said nothing as his reputation has already taken a hit and he's already have lost some planned engagements and will probably lose some endorsements.

So, how about that Wladimir Klitschko guy? Seems like a promising prospect. How do you think he'd fare against Ali? I say Ali in 3 rounds.....

Prime Ali outboxes him, using his speed and with Wlad's chin he might be able to put him down. It would go a lot longer than 3 rounds though. Might not be popular, but the Klitchko's would hold their own against a lot of the HW greats because of their size, skill, and knowledge of how to use range. I think Vitali would do better because he has very good defense & backs it up with an even better chin.

That's what I heard too. But he probably shouldn't have said nothing as his reputation has already taken a hit and he's already have lost some planned engagements and will probably lose some endorsements.

I wonder if Pac felt the same way when he was campaigning for Harry Reid a while back.

Edited by StillUnknown

Mayweather's Tweet:

I stand behind President Obama & support gay marriage. I'm an American citizen & I believe people should live their life the way they want.

Where was this before Pacquiao came out against President Obama's stance on gay-marriage?

This is what I don't like about Floyd.

That was as predictable as saying the sun would rise.

Pac's people did something similar when Floyd dissed Jeremy Lin. They put out a tweet saying Pac supported him even though Pac later said he had no idea who he was since he doesn't really follow basketball.

Grown ass men reduced to children.

That was as predictable as saying the sun would rise.

Pac's people did something similar when Floyd dissed Jeremy Lin. They put out a tweet saying Pac supported him even though Pac later said he had no idea who he was since he doesn't really follow basketball.

Grown ass men reduced to children.

But Floyd is actually being a little hypocritical. He's the same guy that uses the word faggot like it is a second language and he was seen mocking Cotto for sleeping in the same bed with another man.

But Floyd is actually being a little hypocritical. He's the same guy that uses the word faggot like it is a second language and he was seen mocking Cotto for sleeping in the same bed with another man.

I agree, but its also hypocritical for Manny to come out so strongly now when he supported Harry Reid in 2010 who supported gay marriage before Obama.

Edited by StillUnknown

According to Nevada commission -- Pacquiao's base purse is $6 million, Bradley's, $5 million

Those numbers are going too gro 3X for Pacman but that still won't touch Mayweather. Whats suprising though is Bradley getting 5 million thats good for him, wonder if hes getting paid too take a dive or do a Clottley. :evilg: