Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Mayweather was a monster in the beginning. Similar to how Roy Jones was. Than as both of them got older they turned into more defensive/couter punching fighters. I think the thinking is, if you're on top, why put yourself out there?

I agree with the strategy, but what I was saying is that it looks like Mayweather isn't using his normal counter-punch strategy. He looks fierce and aggressive. It's very exciting but I think it's a bit risky. I wonder if he'll rely on the attack this much in the fight against Manny (if there is one).

I agree with the strategy, but what I was saying is that it looks like Mayweather isn't using his normal counter-punch strategy. He looks fierce and aggressive. It's very exciting but I think it's a bit risky. I wonder if he'll rely on the attack this much in the fight against Manny (if there is one).

Well he's not the king of the hill anymore. So he has to sell himself, build the excitement, get people wanting to see him again. If he goes out there sitting back and picking his shots, people aren't going to be hyping Mayweather/? the same as if he went out there and just destroys Marquez. Which it sounds like he's doing.

I don't know what he'll do with Manny. I know I'm buying that though. Definitely.

EDIT: And know that I can't see this fight so everything I'm saying is just based on what you all are saying. I could be dead wrong.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

I have to say...how does a man who does nothing in his power to finish a fight keep getting big paydays? Here's how...people pay to see him get KTFO! It hasn't happened but those of us who wish for it will continue to watch in hopes someone will shut his mouth.