Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Guest sith lord
how the hell did Zab get punked? Entering the ninth round, the fight was even on two of the three cards...Get a f'in clue....Clottey tore his biceps so theres a good chance Judah is going to fight Margartio now, as reported on ESPN.com...

Do you believe the fight was even after 9? Zab got his arse kicked and he'll get destroyed if he fought Margarito. And I'm so sick of hearing about his heart. I said as soon as the Dr held up two fingers, Zab was gonna say he sees three.

Zab is nothing but a glorified journyman fighter right now.

Do you believe the fight was even after 9? Zab got his arse kicked and he'll get destroyed if he fought Margarito. And I'm so sick of hearing about his heart. I said as soon as the Dr held up two fingers, Zab was gonna say he sees three.

Zab is nothing but a glorified journyman fighter right now.

That's funny... First of all, the fight didn't go the full nine, so they score the partial round...Second of all, it's not my opinion, it's fact that the first was even on two of the three scorecards going INTO the ninth...Zab is far from a journeyman, correct spelling, hes still a top 10 fighter...Real cool of you to try to say he quit, Zab has never ducked anyone, I want to see what you do after being battered for 8 and a half rounds...

As for growing the f up, you're the one who said Judah got punked, when it's pretty clear he didn't...I never said Judah was going to win, just said who knows what happens if the cut doesn't happen...

Guest sith lord
That's funny... First of all, the fight didn't go the full nine, so they score the partial round...Second of all, it's not my opinion, it's fact that the first was even on two of the three scorecards going INTO the ninth...Zab is far from a journeyman, correct spelling, hes still a top 10 fighter...Real cool of you to try to say he quit, Zab has never ducked anyone, I want to see what you do after being battered for 8 and a half rounds...

As for growing the f up, you're the one who said Judah got punked, when it's pretty clear he didn't...I never said Judah was going to win, just said who knows what happens if the cut doesn't happen...

whether you want to admit it or not, Zab has become a glorified journeyman. He should be fighting on ESPN. As for the cut, first off, it looked as if it was caused by a punch, second, he was getting his arse handed to him before the cut occured.

Grim-

I only said that because I was a bit insulted that you don't think I have a clue. I'm 41 years old and have been a boxing fan since 1971. I know when a fighter is getting punked even if he's courageously throwing back.

As for Judah's heart? He claimed the cut was from a butt and HBO played back the sequence twice to prove it was from a punch. As soon as the ref pulled him aside for a doctor's examination of the cut, the whole world knew he could see and the whole world knew he'd back out. He backed out. He knew he had nothing left in his bag of tricks and he knew he was getting punked.

Zab got beat around the ring from the opening bell. Even Kellerman was saying repeatedly that the whole fight reminded him of the late rounds between Cotto-Margarito. Those judges that were giving Judah rounds were giving him those rounds on his name, not his effectiveness.

I know you are very knowledgeable about the sport. I just think you are reaching too far in defense of a fighter you like. I was rooting for Zab going in because I wanted him to show he's worth his ranking but he's just not. He's a gatekeeper now and not even a good gatekeeper because if fighters press him hard, he wilts and the gate swings open.

Sorry if I insulted you...I probably am clouded by the fact he is my favorite fighter...And yes, I would agree with Kellerman that it did look like Cotto-Margarito...He was def busted open by a punch, what isn't certain is if a butt cut him, and he punched just opened up the cut, which is possible...Nevertheless, Judah will be back in a big fight, because he has a few things going for him...

1. One of the recognizable fighters in the world.

2. Always in exciting fights.

3. Exciting personality.

4. He fought hard and was very determined in a losing effort to a guy who would give anyone fits...

Say what you want about Judah, and there is a lot of truth to your post, the one thing you can't dog him for, is unlike a lot of fighters, he is always willing to fight anyone at anytime...Sorry if I offended you again...

Say what you want about Judah, and there is a lot of truth to your post, the one thing you can't dog him for, is unlike a lot of fighters, he is always willing to fight anyone at anytime...Sorry if I offended you again...

He definitely came into that fight with intentions of going to war. My choice of words (punked) was a bit abusive but I just wanted to see him be more effective and was disappointed when he suffered yet another weird loss.

I'd like to see him fight in a lower weight class. Clottey looked a LOT bigger than Zab and that may have been why he was easily able to batter Judah around.

Williams-Margarito rematch?

Photo: Big Joe Miranda

williamsgoossen.jpgPromoter Dan Goossen says he's presented a writen offer to Top Rank for a rematch and title unification clash between WBO welterweight champion Paul "The Punisher" Williams (34-1, 25 KOs) and WBA welter king Antonio Margarito (37-5, 27 KOs). "The offer to Top Rank for the Williams-Margarito rematch is quite simple," Goossen said. "Goossen Tutor would guarantee $4,000,000 to Top Rank/Margarito against a 50% split of net revenues. This is a major fight for our sport and one that would draw tremendous fan and media interest....I'm sure Margarito's fans want to see him redeem himself against Williams and I know fans of Paul Williams want to see him put Margarito in his place again while unifying the WBO and WBA welterweight titles." Williams dethroned Margarito in July 2007, taking a close decision in Carson, CA.

Wednesday, August 6 2008

this is the fight i want to see next :2cents:

i'm not completely sure, but i think it means Margarito gets a guaranteed 4mil, & Paul Williams gets 50% of net revenues

the most Margarito has ever gotten for a single fight was 1.6mil for the first match with Paul. he got 1.5mil for the cotto fight

Thanks. :cheers: What do you think the revenues would be?

Thanks. :cheers: What do you think the revenues would be?

depends on the type of promotion they put into it. despite being one of the best, Paul still doesn't have the name recognition with the casual fan. i seriously doubt 50% of net revenues would come close to 4mil though. its a damn good deal for Margarito imo.

Tavoris Cloud just TKO'd Julio Cesar Gonzales, that kid is going to some damage in the Light Heavyweight division in the years to come

he hit Gonzales with some of the hardest shots i've seen in the 5th & 6th, but Gonzales refused to drop. the ref showed a great deal of mercy by stopping it in the 10th. Gonzales wasn't going down, but he was eating the type of shots that have considerable long term damage attached to them. great fight overall though