Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

i have never seen a cut that deep from a single punch in Boxing before

i respect the fact the he wanted to continue, but that fight had to be stopped

that cut was leaking like a faucet, i cannot believe how nasty that cut was from a single shot

Yeah, even on the replay, it didn't look too bad. Paschall said Dirrell said he'd get a rematch.

http://boxingalongthebeltway.blogspot.com/2008/08/peterson-wins-unanimous-decision.html

A. Peterson won :)

EDIT: Wow, how the hell do they gain so much after the weigh-in?

BTW: Darchinyan won via 5th round KO.

most fighter cut alot of water weight before weigh-ins, then rehydrate overnight

i've seen some fighters cut 20lbs overnight and put it back on before the time of the fight.

most fighter cut alot of water weight before weigh-ins, then rehydrate overnight

i've seen some fighters cut 20lbs overnight and put it back on before the time of the fight.

:yikes: A reason for moving to the 15-lb weight class divisions.

:yikes: A reason for moving to the 15-lb weight class divisions.

fighters cut to the lowest weight their body can sustain so they can be try to be the naturally stronger man in the ring

cutting weight is a science than can be a tremendous advantage if done correctly, if not it can have devastating consequences

i would love to see a rematch between Clottey & Margarito. i thought Clottey was winning that fight until he broke his hands

Clottey vs. Berto would also be good if Berto gets past Steve Forbes on Sept.27th.

Margarito needs to fight Paul Williams or Josh Clottey next.

Zab got punked. He's a gate keeper. Sad.

i wouldn't say he got punked, Clottey is the real deal in the welterweight division and will be a problem for anyone he faces at 147. Zab was still standing and trading before he cut. the Zab Judah of a couple of years ago would've folded up shop and did something stupid

he is now officially a gate keeper though

i wouldn't say he got punked, Clottey is the real deal in the welterweight division and will be a problem for anyone he faces at 147. Zab was still standing and trading before he cut. the Zab Judah of a couple of years ago would've folded up shop and did something stupid

he is now officially a gate keeper though

I agree. I think he fought hard and showed a lot of toughness. I just wish he could 'publically' acknowledge a loss. Watching him congratulate Clottey, I think he was gracious and knew he'd been outfought. Why he can't do that in front of the cameras, I don't know - I think its sad and embarassing.

I agree. I think he fought hard and showed a lot of toughness. I just wish he could 'publically' acknowledge a loss. Watching him congratulate Clottey, I think he was gracious and knew he'd been outfought. Why he can't do that in front of the cameras, I don't know - I think its sad and embarassing.

thats a problem alot of boxers have, they don't like admitting defeat on camera. the common themes for the loser of a decision is that they:

1. were never hurt at anytime during the fight
  2. thought they were doing enough to get the decision

that problem isn't exclusive to Zab, i just think its the nature of the sport. Especially now when a single loss can be devastating to a fighters career. I think Zab realized this was and should be his last shot to remain relevant.

how the hell did Zab get punked? Entering the ninth round, the fight was even on two of the three cards...Get a f'in clue....Clottey tore his biceps so theres a good chance Judah is going to fight Margartio now, as reported on ESPN.com...

Judah will get slaughtered against Margarito. he doesn't deserve the shot, he doesn't deserve any shot, yet he still gets the shot...........unbelievable

I agree - he fought tough. On the other hand, it never should've gone to the scorecards since the cut clearly was the result of a punch - in other words, Clottey stopped him plain and simple. Judah's punch count #'s were dropping like a rock, so I think the result was inevitable when the cut occured, although you never know what will happen in boxing.

thats a problem alot of boxers have, they don't like admitting defeat on camera. the common themes for the loser of a decision is that they:

1. were never hurt at anytime during the fight
  2. thought they were doing enough to get the decision

that problem isn't exclusive to Zab, i just think its the nature of the sport. Especially now when a single loss can be devastating to a fighters career. I think Zab realized this was and should be his last shot to remain relevant.

Those are good points. I've seen a few that acknowledged 'he was the better fighter tonight' - so its not unprecedented.

Judah will get slaughtered against Margarito. he doesn't deserve the shot, he doesn't deserve any shot, yet he still gets the shot...........unbelievable

Mararito's the guy we should be talking about this morning anyway.