Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

• 3 weeks later...

wasn't moved when the fight was announced, still have next to no desire to see the fight.  I struggle to think of a single thing that Brook does better than GGG.  I would be shocked if the fight is remotely competitive 

Gonzalez vs. Cuadras should be fun later tonight, it will be interested to see how far Gonzalez can travel in weight before it starts to become a hindrance.

Edited by StillUnknown

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, DM72 said:

GGG vs Danny Jacobs targeted for Dec 10.

Definitely will be watching that fight. Probably the best fighter GGG has ever faced.

I'd say so. If Jacobs had a better chin, I'd probably pick him to win. He's gonna have to blitz GGG early to win, Jacobs' chin has been cracked against fighters not as powerful as GGG.

Finally, a good Middleweight for GGG to fight. A lot of the others were intimidated after they got hit with a power shot from GGG and didn't have a plan B or C. Jacobs should have an answer, but I hope his chin doesn't fail him. Dmitry Pirog had that one-hitter quitter against Jacobs several years ago. Jacobs is a better fighter now and should make it interesting. 

• Like 1

If you didn't know, Stephen A Smith and Brian Kelly will be calling the Pacquiao/Vargas fight. 

Stephen A is particularly a suspicious choice considering he's never called a boxing match, he's a know Floyd Mayweather fanboy, who never miss an opportunity to remind people of the Marquez KO of Pacquiao and that his co-host on First Take is HBO's Max Kellerman. In case you don't know, HBO decided not to televise this Pacquiao fight. 

It does seem like a slap in the face of Max to have his co-host Stephen A Smith to call a Pacquiao fight.

Just saw the report. Figured it was an ESPN broadcast PPV with this announced crew and not a Top Rank PPV. Top Rank must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel to have this loudmouth being the color commentary analyst. Stephen A. doesn't know "Jack" about boxing. He's a small time fan who likes to talk big.  He's a known fanboy of Floyd and I find it hard to believe he won't be talking too much trash.  I hope he can be objective in his commentary. Max is under contract to HBO and probably has something in his contract where he can't be a part of this event. Sort of like the WWE does with it's "No-Compete Clauses" when they release someone.  

• 2 weeks later...

Boxing Hall of Famer Aaron Pryor Dies At 60.

Pryor is probably the best boxer that no one, outside of diehard boxing fans, knows. IMO, he should be in the conversation with Hagler, Leonard, Hearns and Duran. I do remember Leonard avoiding a fight with him once which would have probably put him in that conversation.

RIP

Edited by DM72
  • Like 2