Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

The man does know boxing. I believe we both would love to sit and talk boxing with him.

Indeed, although if I had to pick one Mayweather, it would be Jeff.

Canelo got damn near 35k in attendance for tonight's fight. He's the only PPV draw on the horizon in boxing after Floyd & Manny.

I really like that Canelo's team was honest about what happened in that Mayweather fight. You fall into traps when you surround yourself with people who try to convince you something different happened.

Canelo would be wise to go to the body early and often in this fight. He has to make it so Kirkland loses some gas late in the fight.

Edited by StillUnknown

Canelo got my respect tonight. I thought he got a gift decision against Lara and the Trout fight was questionable and got schooled by Mayweather. Tonight he earned it.

I would gladly pay to see Alvarez/GGG.

Edited by DM72
  • Like 1

Yeah go ask Canelo if he'd rather fight a guy like Kirkland who will stand in front of him and trade, or Mayweather.  Kirkland had kind of a weak game plan, but hey it provided 3 entertaining rounds and that is what most want.

I also think Canelo puts down Cotto, and would perhaps have him calling it a career.

The fact that people even gave Kirkland a chance yesterday shows how much stock people put in raw aggression. Kirkland hadn't been in the ring since 2013 and last night was just his second fight since 2012. Kirkland was rumored to be walking around 200lbs before training camp. He then decides against training with the woman who was a large part of his success. Further, he hires a local trainer with no big time fight experience on his resume. Last night's result was really the only thing that could have happened. We knew Kirkland would be a ball of fire for the first round, but once that was survived, he was target practice.

• Like 3

Kirkland got $1.3M which was a career high for him. He came back for 1 last pay day and to make Canelo look good. Canelo is said to have been guaranteed a certain percentage of the total revenue which would give him somewhere between $3-4M

Floyd's own daddy said; "YOU FIGHTING LIKE YOU SCARED!!!"

You definitely choose to see what you wanna see and spin it to fit your narrative. That's become common practice for you.

This quote was in the corner after the 4th round. A round where Manny clearly won. Floyd was stun by a left hand and backed up on the ropes giving Manny his best flurry of the fight. That's why Sr said that. If u notice the 3 previous rounds, which Floyd won, Sr was praising his work in those rounds. So that quote was for THAT round, not the whole fight.

Floyd said his dad felt there would be a robbery if he didn't put Manny down and repeatedly expressed that to him pre fight. That's why Sr was so animated. He didn't want the fight to be stolen away from his son.

99% of the attendance in that arena including Sr, knew they had just witnessed Floyd take Manny to boxing school. A classic, textbook, fundamentally sound, easy victory.

But keep reaching tho DM. I get a nice chuckle every time.

The fact that people even gave Kirkland a chance yesterday shows how much stock people put in raw aggression. Kirkland hadn't been in the ring since 2013 and last night was just his second fight since 2012. Kirkland was rumored to be walking around 200lbs before training camp. He then decides against training with the woman who was a large part of his success. Further, he hires a local trainer with no big time fight experience on his resume. Last night's result was really the only thing that could have happened. We knew Kirkland would be a ball of fire for the first round, but once that was survived, he was target practice.

Kirkland was food for Canelo.

Kirkland is a nutjob but so is Ann Wolfe.