Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Lol...Floyd, it's "ridiculous".

Dude, he even criticized Ali for the way he beat Foreman. Then he criticized him for losing to a fighter with 7 wins (Spinks).

And since you're here, take the bet that Rexx and myself took. If May loses, you have to put in your signature, "Pacquiao is the greatest fighter of his generation" until he retires. I'll do the same if Mayweather wins, but of course I would put Mayweather instead of Pacquiao.

But Floyd needs to be smarter than that. You CANNOT sit there, driving a very expensive car and say that racism today is as bad as it was back in Ali' s time. I have a feeling after that airs, he's gonna catch a ton of flack for it.

Edited by DM72

I agree there's no way the racism is as bad as it was 50 years ago but at the same time its still there.

I am still trying to figure out how a guy gets blasted for demanding drug testing in this era of cheating ass athlete's. Berry Bonds name was ripped to shreds and there wasn't any evidence that he juiced he was just "too good" so he had to be cheating. Its suppose to be innocent until proven guilty but this man was GUILTY and MLB was willing to destroy the whole sport and bring the entire sport down to prove that Berry was juicing. Congress is involved here.

Floyd straight up said there's cheating in the sport and wants better drug testing and if he was white he would be a hero IMO. Here you have Manny Pacquaio moving up in weight at a record pace skipping weight classes and knocking people out that's way bigger than him. In boxing when moving up in weight you either lose some SPEED or POWER or BOTH. This guy was faster and stronger, we are talking about a sport were you can be killed by a punch and not throwing a damn baseball. No one took his man seriously he has been called a ducker for 5 damn years. Now the fight is here and he is still being labled a ducker even though had Pacman accepted the drug testing 5 years ago we would have been on Floyd Pac 4 by now, all of a sudden now he accepts it, after he hasn't knocked anyone out in years. If Floyd was white they would have been drug agency's in Manila sticking Pacman like hes getting a damn Acupuncture.  

• Like 1

SS, Barry Bonds gained an awful lot of weight without getting slower or losing power. So either he was using steroids or PacMan could be clean. 

The answer, of course, is that Barry admitted that he used "the cream and the clear", but he claimed that he didn't know that they were steroids when he used them.

But in a world where Anderson Silva can get nailed twice for 'roiding, I don't see how we can be sure that Floyd isn't also using, especially to be fighting so well at such an old age.

We agree about racism in America, though - there's plenty of it left. Hell, in some ways I'd say it's more obvious than it was ten years ago.

• Like 1

SS, Barry Bonds gained an awful lot of weight without getting slower or losing power. So either he was using steroids or PacMan could be clean. 

The answer, of course, is that Barry admitted that he used "the cream and the clear", but he claimed that he didn't know that they were steroids when he used them.

But in a world where Anderson Silva can get nailed twice for 'roiding, I don't see how we can be sure that Floyd isn't also using, especially to be fighting so well at such an old age.

We agree about racism in America, though - there's plenty of it left. Hell, in some ways I'd say it's more obvious than it was ten years ago.

Floyd hasn't taken much punishment at all in his career. Reflexes are a part of it, but taking shots over and over for years wears down fighters quicker than reflexes ever will. When Floyd reflexes start to go...he can still be a crafty fighter in the vein of Bernard Hopkins.

Lol...Floyd, it's "ridiculous".

Dude, he even criticized Ali for the way he beat Foreman. Then he criticized him for losing to a fighter with 7 wins (Spinks).

And since you're here, take the bet that Rexx and myself took. If May loses, you have to put in your signature, "Pacquiao is the greatest fighter of his generation" until he retires. I'll do the same if Mayweather wins, but of course I would put Mayweather instead of Pacquiao.

But Floyd needs to be smarter than that. You CANNOT sit there, driving a very expensive car and say that racism today is as bad as it was back in Ali' s time. I have a feeling after that airs, he's gonna catch a ton of flack for it.

Floyd prides himself on not taking punishment. The way Ali beat Foreman doesn't fit with Floyd's mentality, which is to take as little punishment as possible. I love Ali, and he took a BIG risk laying on the ropes round after round eating shots hoping that George would tire himself out. Foreman was a monster puncher.

The Spinks thing...Ali was old and suffering from symptoms of Parkinson's even then.

Do I think a heavyweight version of Mayweather beats Ali? Yep. He's that good.

Now...Him and Sweet Pea (Pernell)? That's a very interesting fight. I've watched Sweet Pea slip almost everything under the sun.

Another pound for pound fight I'd be interested in seeing is Floyd and Rigo (deaux). That be a great chess match.

Edited by Hail2TheHogs
  • Like 1

I agree there's no way the racism is as bad as it was 50 years ago but at the same time its still there.

I am still trying to figure out how a guy gets blasted for demanding drug testing in this era of cheating ass athlete's. Berry Bonds name was ripped to shreds and there wasn't any evidence that he juiced he was just "too good" so he had to be cheating. Its suppose to be innocent until proven guilty but this man was GUILTY and MLB was willing to destroy the whole sport and bring the entire sport down to prove that Berry was juicing. Congress is involved here.

Floyd straight up said there's cheating in the sport and wants better drug testing and if he was white he would be a hero IMO. Here you have Manny Pacquaio moving up in weight at a record pace skipping weight classes and knocking people out that's way bigger than him. In boxing when moving up in weight you either lose some SPEED or POWER or BOTH. This guy was faster and stronger, we are talking about a sport were you can be killed by a punch and not throwing a damn baseball. No one took his man seriously he has been called a ducker for 5 damn years. Now the fight is here and he is still being labled a ducker even though had Pacman accepted the drug testing 5 years ago we would have been on Floyd Pac 4 by now, all of a sudden now he accepts it, after he hasn't knocked anyone out in years. If Floyd was white they would have been drug agency's in Manila sticking Pacman like hes getting a damn Acupuncture.

Are you gonna put your keyboard where your mouth is and take the bet?

And was Floyd really trying to clean up boxing or was he simply trying to tarnish his greatest rival Pacquiao? Did Floyd once go to the Nevada Athletics Commission with his concerns? If not, why?

Edited by DM72

And was Floyd really trying to clean up boxing or was he simply trying to tarnish his greatest rival Pacquiao? Did Floyd once go to the Nevada Athletics Commission with his concerns? If not, why?

Floyd couldn't go to the commission for the same reason he got sued, no proof or evidence. U can't take anythng to the commission on suspicion alone. Speaking of which, either Manny is gonna admit he was taking something or Roach pays a HEFTY sum for defamation. Either way, one of them is going down:

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article20159.html

Roy Jones Jr's downfall was when his quickness went away, once his opponents could start connecting regularly on him, Jones ended up in brawls instead of being able to showcase his slick skills.

Roy was always a better athlete than he was a boxer. He was able to get away with so much because his athletic skills were crazy. 

• Like 1

Floyd couldn't go to the commission for the same reason he got sued, no proof or evidence. U can't take anythng to the commission on suspicion alone. Speaking of which, either Manny is gonna admit he was taking something or Roach pays a HEFTY sum for defamation. Either way, one of them is going down:http://www.fighthype.com/news/article20159.html

Lol...It ain't gonna work Floyd.

Are you gonna put your keyboard where your mouth is and take the bet?

Wait I missed it what is the bet?

If your clean then I don't see a problem to why you wouldn't accept the testing. Floyd was going to take the test as well, so its not like its an unfair advantage or hes being picked on. The only way to be tarnished is to test positive which I am sure deep inside, you have doubts that the man was clean.

The same bet Rexx and myself made.

If Pacquiao wins your signature must read "Pacquiao is the greatest fighter of this generation." If Mayweather wins, I do the same, but I would say Mayweather is the greatest.

And no, I have absolutely no more reason to believe Pacquiao was/is dirty than if Mayweather was/is dirty. You better hope Mayweather never fail a test. There's rumors he failed 3.

I think that's a easy bet I will take it and raise you one, whoever loses the bet either has to leave forever or change there username.

you DM TBE MAYWEATHER

me SiCk PACMAN FAN

or whatever you want and I promise I won't leave.

You guys will have to be real loyal and "man of your word" to follow thru on this one. You could easily leave the forum & return with a different user name to avoid debt payment.

How does it make you Mayweather fans feel? I think he's a good choice.

Honestly I knew he would get the assignment all along. Just couldn't confirm it. The confidence in me just doesn't think it really matters. Not worried about Manny pulling a Maidana or Ortiz so I would've been good with any ref. But I only asked cuz I've seen a lot of Manny fans ****ing & complaining about the assignment.

Lol...Bob Arum isn't holding up nothing. I guess they're gonna blame the ticket fiasco on Top Rank too even though Mayweather's team is in charge of everything.

Do me a quick favor and re-read the article. Your reply tells me you merely skimmed thru it. Thanks