Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looks like we just needed a QB change...

FanSinceSonnyJ

Blah. Blah. Blah. How many interceptions has Collins had in the last 4 weeks?

4-0 with Collins. JC was 0-4 in his last 4 starts. Enough said.

You JC lovers are a hoot. Blind following over the success of the team.

You keep changing your tune so that it fits your blind love of TC regardless of the situation - so much you have made it obvious you are merely a TC fan (perhaps Mrs. Collins herself?) and not a fan of the team.

Collins is only a part of it.

The coaching staff deserves the credit for dropping egos and simplying (defense) and expanding (offense).

This led to players and coaches who had confidence in each other. It all really came together after ST passed. Not that his death wasn't tragic, just a reason for the team to band together.

I don't think you could have ever planned for the timing and the way it all happened!

Freaky really...

HTTR

You keep changing your tune so that it fits your blind love of TC regardless of the situation - so much you have made it obvious you are merely a TC fan (perhaps Mrs. Collins herself?) and not a fan of the team.

A lot of that comment can be redirected at some of the posters who do nothing but come up with excuse after excuse of how it was everybody's else's fault for a loss other then Campbell.

We didnt need a change of QB we got what we needed...

better defense and a change of second half philosophy.....

Why people want to pretend we didnt lose 5 leads this year is beyond me...

sometimes we had double digit leads at that...

look at these numbers and tell me there isnt a change in philosophy..

When ahead: Comp- ATT's

Jason Campbell: 71-119 2 int's 2 fumbles lost (12 games)

Todd Collins : 56-81 0 int's 1 fumble lost (4 games )

Thats 9 passes when ahead per game for JC

vs

20 passes per game when ahead for TC

We have had leads in the first and second half and campbell has completed 60% of his passes and thrown only 2 picks and had 2 fumbles lost in 12 games......

so him turning it over is not the reason we were losing...its the lack of aggresive play calling...

A 2 to 1 passing while ahead advantage with Todd clearly shows that...

If you dont see that then your TC blinders are waaaaaaaay too thick.....

The difference is, because Collins is a seasoned veteran, whereas Campbell is a neophyte, Gibbs is more comfortable to let old guy go, since he has much more experience and is much less likely to make a mistake. Collins is the only quarterback on this team who really, REALLY knows Saunders' playbook. So, it really isn't a question of who's under center as it is Gibbs allowing the quarterback to just play.

A lot of that comment can be redirected at some of the posters who do nothing but come up with excuse after excuse of how it was everybody's else's fault for a loss other then Campbell.

The posters I have read, including myself, are defending Jason from the people who say the losses are ALL his fault. They act like Portis didn't fumble twice and Moss once in the TB game putting us behind 13 points to start. They act like the defense didn't give up 4 touchdowns to T.O. They completely ignore the mistakes of other players and put ALL the blame on JC. Jason has to share part of the responsiblity for the losses, but not for everything that has happened on the field. Sure Jason still needs to improve his game in several areas. But to blame everything on him is completely unfair.

The difference is, because Collins is a seasoned veteran, whereas Campbell is a neophyte, Gibbs is more comfortable to let old guy go, since he has much more experience and is much less likely to make a mistake. Collins is the only quarterback on this team who really, REALLY knows Saunders' playbook. So, it really isn't a question of who's under center as it is Gibbs allowing the quarterback to just play.

:applause:

The posters I have read, including myself, are defending Jason from the people who say the losses are ALL his fault. They act like Portis didn't fumble twice and Moss once in the TB game putting us behind 13 points to start. They act like the defense didn't give up 4 touchdowns to T.O. They completely ignore the mistakes of other players and put ALL the blame on JC. Jason has to share part of the responsiblity for the losses, but not for everything that has happened on the field. Sure Jason still needs to improve his game in several areas. But to blame everything on him is completely unfair.

You need to take that moderate, rational observation elsewhere. It was obviously all his fault. :party:

WE are wining as a TEAM. Is that not enough for you guys! How many times you have to be reminded it is all MB fault. Period. If he was not brought in then TC would have been starting QB and JC as a #2. Bramlet #3.

It is year 2007 and TC is having a rough 2nd year start and in the Bears game he goes down. JC comes in and take the Skins 4-0 and into the playoffs. Now everyone wants JC to be the starter from here on out. Forget about TC. And 2 million QB threads appear to get rid of TC and put JC in next year as well.

When does the hurting stop?!!!!

The entire defense has stepped up their performance, including GW. Gregg finally decided that if his defense is going to get killed on the football field, he will do it his own way, the way he built his reputation while making it fun for all the players.

In addition, it is easier to be more aggressive on defense when you realize that you have an offense that can produce.

:seahawksu

Understanding the offense is the key..reacting under pressure,finding the open wr,reading the D..this is what Collins brings to the table..look If being a great athlete is the only key to being a great QB..then Vick would have been the best..he was not..the mental side is key .. I am not saying JC is not smart,he just does not run this offense as well as TC..hopefully he can learn some more and be the future star QB of the SKINS..but a lot depends on Al saunders..will he stay..Gibbs?..what type of offense will they run in the future?To me the future is now..Collins is the key for Now..this year..let next year take care of itself..we are SUPERBOWL BOUND..this aint no jinx ..its a fact..bet on it..what nfc team is playing better NOW than the SKINS..NONE !! THATS A FACT!!

I like JC but lets face it, he needs to improve big time. He over throws all of his long passes. Throws in the dirt on crossing patterns. Throws ahead of his receivers on simple slants and doesn't see the whole field and fails to check off when necessary.

All of the losses haven't been his fault but your QB is the leader that is supposed to get you that crucial win and JC has failed every time when the game is on the line.

In the Chicago game JC's play was horrible. After his injury, TC comes in with the same bunch of players that couldn't get it done with JC and presto! They start moving the ball and score. Now you have to look and ask, do the players prefer TC to JC? Is it only a coincidence that the second TC replaces JC that all of our offensive stars that couldn't catch TC's passes or didn't run those timing routes the correct way, are all of the sudden catching passes, the o-line opening holes, better pass protection and Portis, out of the blue, starts getting yards on the ground and in the air.

I think there's a lot more to this than anybody on this board knows or thinks that they know with what's going on with JC. If after this season Joe Gibbs decides to start JC, fine and if he decides to start TC, then that's fine too. I'll trust Joe's decision as to who starts at QB than anybody on this board or in the media.

THopefully, going into year 3 next season, he will finally start showing us something in terms game smarts and, most importantly, wins.

Actually, it's year 4 next year for JC. This year was year 3 for JC.

But have no fear, people will trot out excuses for him next year about him "basically still being a rookie."

He's the only player I've seen who gets a half dozen years before we are finally able to judge him. After all, it take at least 6 years for Jason.... erm, I mean "everyone" (as I've been told)... to learn Saunders oh-so-complicated offense.

So really, I guess he will be "still basically a rookie" until year 7. Then we can judge him the next season, I hope.

The Redskins are a better team on the field than they were earlier in the season, it doesn't necessarily mean the individual talent is better. Carlos Rogers, Rocky McIntosh, Randy Thomas, and of course ST........nobody is going to say the current group is more talented for the long run.........but in the short-term the TEAM is more focused and solid in the locker room and in the ultimate team sport that is what gets results.

This isn't the NBA where one star makes or breaks the season. You have to have 45 active players each week working on concert.

you know...bulldog...you just me pasue and think.....

yup...the win streak owes to Mr Doughty...he was the change (just like Collins)! thank goodness Joe and GW knew all along to keep him on the roster!

WE are wining as a TEAM. Is that not enough for you guys! How many times you have to be reminded it is all MB fault. Period. If he was not brought in then TC would have been starting QB and JC as a #2. Bramlet #3.

It is year 2007 and TC is having a rough 2nd year start and in the Bears game he goes down. JC comes in and take the Skins 4-0 and into the playoffs. Now everyone wants JC to be the starter from here on out. Forget about TC. And 2 million QB threads appear to get rid of TC and put JC in next year as well.

When does the hurting stop?!!!!

You're getting your JC's and your TC's all mixed up, lol.....:laugh:

Spoken like a troll. No blind love for TC. If he played as poorly as JC has when it comes to finishing games, I'd be just as critical as him. Thankfully for all of us, he has not.

:laugh:

Actually, it's year 4 next year for JC. This year was year 3 for JC.

But have no fear, people will trot out excuses for him next year about him "basically still being a rookie."

He's the only player I've seen who gets a half dozen years before we are finally able to judge him. After all, it take at least 6 years for Jason.... erm, I mean "everyone" (as I've been told)... to learn Saunders oh-so-complicated offense.

So really, I guess he will be "still basically a rookie" until year 7. Then we can judge him the next season, I hope.

you're right! It took Collins 10 years to learn QB...and 6 years+ to learn Saunder's system. BRILLIANT! YOU NAILED IT!!!!

bahahahahaha.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We didnt need a change of QB we got what we needed...

better defense and a change of second half philosophy.....

Why people want to pretend we didnt lose 5 leads this year is beyond me...

sometimes we had double digit leads at that...

look at these numbers and tell me there isnt a change in philosophy..

When ahead: Comp- ATT's

Jason Campbell: 71-119 2 int's 2 fumbles lost (12 games)

Todd Collins : 56-81 0 int's 1 fumble lost (4 games )

Thats 9 passes when ahead per game for JC

vs

20 passes per game when ahead for TC

We have had leads in the first and second half and campbell has completed 60% of his passes and thrown only 2 picks and had 2 fumbles lost in 12 games......

so him turning it over is not the reason we were losing...its the lack of aggresive play calling...

A 2 to 1 passing while ahead advantage with Todd clearly shows that...

If you dont see that then your TC blinders are waaaaaaaay too thick.....

LOL. Interesting how some try to spin the facts to suit their own cause. Researching Campbell's stats when we have the lead??? Cute way of making your case for the guy, but come on. Bottom line is we are scoring more points with TC as he reads the entire field and has proven to be much more accurate than JC. Oh yeah, and he's also directed us to 4 straight wins.

You JC lovers are amazing in your defense.

All of us see potential in JC, but we certainly don't want to continue to throw away wins while we wait for him to come through. Hopefully watching TC getting it done will help wake up JC.

Understanding the offense is the key..reacting under pressure,finding the open wr,reading the D..this is what Collins brings to the table..look If being a great athlete is the only key to being a great QB..then Vick would have been the best..he was not..the mental side is key .. I am not saying JC is not smart,he just does not run this offense as well as TC..hopefully he can learn some more and be the future star QB of the SKINS..but a lot depends on Al saunders..will he stay..Gibbs?..what type of offense will they run in the future?To me the future is now..Collins is the key for Now..this year..let next year take care of itself..we are SUPERBOWL BOUND..this aint no jinx ..its a fact..bet on it..what nfc team is playing better NOW than the SKINS..NONE !! THATS A FACT!!

Spoken like a true Skins' fan!

LOL. Interesting how some try to spin the facts to suit their own cause. Researching Campbell's stats when we have the lead??? Cute way of making your case for the guy, but come on. Bottom line is we are scoring more points with TC as he reads the entire field and has proven to be much more accurate than JC. Oh yeah, and he's also directed us to 4 straight wins.

You JC lovers are amazing in your defense.

All of us see potential in JC, but we certainly don't want to continue to throw away wins while we wait for him to come through. Hopefully watching TC getting it done will help wake up JC.

speaking of spinning...it's problematic figuring out which of your posts serves up the greatest fantasy-speak....the defense has created the opportunities for TC in every game...the defense has smothered the running game in every game....

TC has been a pleasant surpise...he's also a liability given his lmitted mobility and questionable arm strength. we are on a nice run...but these are weaknesses that smart coaches with good Ds will exploit.....

In the Chicago game JC's play was horrible.

How was his play horrible in the Chicago game?

He was 10 for 16 and 100 yds. with no interceptions and no fumbles before he was injured.

2nd drive he completed an 8 yd pass. Portis ran twice for 0 yds.

3rd drive he led the team from the Wash 38 to the Bears 29 and completed an 11 yd pass and a 12 yd pass to Cooley. JC missed one pass that drive. Suisham missed the field goal.

4th drive he led the team from the Wash. 26 to the Bears 19. The two plays that stopped the drive were a 2 yd. Portis run and a pass to Portis that loss 4 yds. JC completed passes to ARE for 22 yds, CP for 11 yds. and CC for 23 yds. Again, Suisham missed the field goal.

JC has played poorly at times but the Chicago game was NOT one of them.

Spoken like a true Skins' fan!

banal.

TC doesn't step up twice in a row and toss 50-60 yard passes to win the game as Brady did. you just don't get it...he has weaknesses (aside from the fumbles and INTs he has dodged and most ignore) that will catch up with him over the long haul.

I like JC but lets face it, he needs to improve big time. He over throws all of his long passes. Throws in the dirt on crossing patterns. Throws ahead of his receivers on simple slants and doesn't see the whole field and fails to check off when necessary.

All of the losses haven't been his fault but your QB is the leader that is supposed to get you that crucial win and JC has failed every time when the game is on the line.

In the Chicago game JC's play was horrible. After his injury, TC comes in with the same bunch of players that couldn't get it done with JC and presto! They start moving the ball and score. Now you have to look and ask, do the players prefer TC to JC? Is it only a coincidence that the second TC replaces JC that all of our offensive stars that couldn't catch TC's passes or didn't run those timing routes the correct way, are all of the sudden catching passes, the o-line opening holes, better pass protection and Portis, out of the blue, starts getting yards on the ground and in the air.

I think there's a lot more to this than anybody on this board knows or thinks that they know with what's going on with JC. If after this season Joe Gibbs decides to start JC, fine and if he decides to start TC, then that's fine too. I'll trust Joe's decision as to who starts at QB than anybody on this board or in the media.

Great points. For whatever reason this team just is flat out playing better and with more confidence when TC is under center. As a result we've won 4 straight. JC lost 4 straight prior to going down. You gotta love the way that TC has dug us out of the hole that we got ourselves into when JC was starting.

Archived