Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looks like we just needed a QB change...

FanSinceSonnyJ

Of course the record can't be denied. The team is 4-0 in Collins last 4 starts. Fortunately, everyone agrees there. What can be denied is anyone's belief that Collins is the primary cause of the 4-0 run, because simply he was the starter for those 4 games. There's much better reasons to believe that Collins has contributed to the 4-0 run than simple correlation of starts and wins. To refuse to even look past that evidences what I consider to be an incredibly naive viewpoint.

But, if that's how you roll that's how you roll. So how awesome is that Vince Young, huh? ;)

Vince Young fans are probably pretty upset about his season, especially those that drafted him in fantasy football. However, I bet Titans fans are pretty happy that he lead the TEAM to the playoffs.

And again, I have never stated that Collins is the sole reason for their record, so please direct your 'naive viewpoint' comment in the direction of someone that has. Thanks.

TC is playing better than JC was.......Its that simple

Did JC cost us a game?.....maybe TB

But TC adds value----Better Reads, Quick Release, Interceptions, Accuracy, Touch and Leadership

I doubt JC wins 4 in a row (but to be honest who would have thought TC would?)

If the Future is NOW.....its with TC

I'm with everybody else who likes Todd Collins throughout the playoffs, but he's definitely not the future. He's been playing better than Jason, and I'll willingly say that, but being the future would mean he'd have to stay until he's in his 40's as our starter....not going to happen.

Vince Young fans are probably pretty upset about his season, especially those that drafted him in fantasy football. However, I bet Titans fans are pretty happy that he lead the TEAM to the playoffs.

I highly doubt Vince Young led his team to the playoffs. His defense did it for the Titans, and the run game. VY sucks. This years Titans, reminds me of last year's Bears (minus Hester). QB sucks, but has a good defense.

So much so that some Titans' fan poll I saw had 50% of their fans wanting Kerry Collins to start QB for the playoffs over Vince Young. Shows how much they know about their team. :D

And again, I have never stated that Collins is the sole reason for their record, so please direct your 'naive viewpoint' comment in the direction of someone that has. Thanks.

You still don't understand. I would strongly disagree with anyone that believed Collins was the sole reason for the turnaround, but that's not what I was calling naive.

This is naive:

the only stat I really want to compare is 5-7 and 4-0. I would think other Redskins fans would want to do the same.

So much so that some Titans' fan poll I saw had 50% of their fans wanting Kerry Collins to start QB for the playoffs over Vince Young. Shows how much they know about their team. :D

I bet 50% of most fan bases who's teams aren't in the upper echelon would prefer the backup QB. This is nothing new, this goes back to the 70s on the Redskins teams alone.

So you are saying that the fact that I prefer wins by my favorite team over pretty QB stats is naive? You must be stating this, since I have said in several recent posts that I do not think Collins is the sole reason for the turnaround, but that I like the results. Honestly, I'm getting tired of re-typing it.

Anyway, I guess I've been rooting for the wrong things all these years. I guess I should have wished Campbell never got hurt this season and put up all kinds of great stats the last 4 games. Then we could all be sitting here discussing our great QB that led the team to a 7-9 record or so, but put up some great numbers! Who cares about the playoffs - we got STATS!

I bet 50% of most fan bases who's teams aren't in the upper echelon would prefer the backup QB. This is nothing new, this goes back to the 70s on the Redskins teams alone.

You just said

However, I bet Titans fans are pretty happy that he lead the TEAM to the playoffs.

It's pretty obvious that Titans' fans are not happy with his play, despite their team making the playoffs. I don't think the concept of "echelons" has anything to do with preferring the backup QB. I don't think many Bengals fans are pining for Ryan Fitzpatrick over Carson Palmer because of their sub .500 record.

So you are saying that the fact that I prefer wins by my favorite team over pretty QB stats is naive? You must be stating this, since I have said in several recent posts that I do not think Collins is the sole reason for the turnaround, but that I like the results. Honestly, I'm getting tired of re-typing it.

You should spend more effort reading responses than immediately re-typing the same thing. Because, honestly, I'm not implying whether you do or do not think Collins is the sole reason for the turnaround.

I AM interested in getting you to see how evaluating QBs based strictly on wins is a naive analysis of QB play.

Let me state it differently. Analysis of QB play is naive when based strictly on wins and losses.

Note that nowhere in the above statement and re-statement have I addressed you believing Todd Collins is the sole reason for the turnaround.

This is what you've said

the only stat I really want to compare is 5-7 and 4-0. I would think other Redskins fans would want to do the same.

I think this statement and the type of analysis is naive - especially when there's plenty of other and better evidence.

Anyway, I guess I've been rooting for the wrong things all these years. I guess I should have wished Campbell never got hurt this season and put up all kinds of great stats the last 4 games. Then we could all be sitting here discussing our great QB that led the team to a 7-9 record or so, but put up some great numbers! Who cares about the playoffs - we got STATS!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHHH

Todd Collins is a excellent QB, no doubt. But, I never really thought that Campbell was that bad. He is emerging as a respectable Quarterback. He does hold onto the ball longer than he needs to at times, but he has a cannon throw and isn't afraid to run out of the pocket like McNabb. Todd Collins has carried this team for the last 4 games bringing us into the playoffs, but I think JC could have led us this far as well. I believe Gibbs wants to keep Collins in for the long haul of the playoffs, maybe putting JC back in at this stage would not be the best option considering he's been out, and Todd's got the hot arm.

you're the one with the reality problems. JC did just fine for his 12 games and he was making strides into the upper echelons in terms of game production as a passer. I have no problems with the fumbles and INTs. these are easily fixable. you make it sound as though he was a turnover machine. he wasn't......your propensity for LSD induced fantasies is...well...annoying!

it is mindboggling that folks will jump ship based on 12 games by a player who was unequivocably getting better. even more riotous is the notion that an aging vette, playing a limitted number of games, in unique circumstances, with a team firing on all cylinders...should be compared on equal grounds with the QB in development. there is no doubt in my mind that JC would do just as well as TC given similar defensive performances. your analysis fixates on his mistakes while ignoring all the good - including what could have happened had things not fallen apart around him. simialrly, you ignore TC's foul-ups that have been swept away by shere luck....and all the things he benefits from. he is not the prime mover here......we will just have to disagree on that one.

have at it mr leary!

Did you really say that interceptions and fumbles by Campbell are easily fixable? You are absolutely right. The problem HAS been fixed. The solution was Todd Collins.

Archived