Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hope Skins are watching Giants-Pats game

MikeB

I hope the Skins are all watching this game. The Giants, with nothing to play for, are giving the Pats all they can handle. I would have expected the Giants to play their backups (and the Pats too) but that isn't happening... we could see the same tomorrow.

Take heed Skins! :dallasuck

I don't like the phrase "playing for nothing". They are professionals who have played with competitive intensity their entire lives. Any athelete who steps on the field is gonna bring it.

With that off my chest, I agree with you. Skins need to play like their season depends on it...because it does.

Going for the 16-0 mark you knew the Pats were going to play their starters. I guess with the magnitude the game took on and with the chance to ruin the Pats chances, Coughlin threw caution to the wind and decided to play his best guys. I applaud him for doing so, and it doesn't look like the Giants suffered any major injuries in the process.

For all the talk about achieving a mark for most franchise wins in the season and other feats that Romo sits to pee and Witten can potentially achieve, I really don't expect to see the Cowboys main guys in for more than a half.

Very different situation, the Giants were playing NOT to make records happen on their clock

Dallas will obviously come out to win even if they play 2nd stringers BUT their major concern will be to keep players healthy rather than trying to break a meaningless franchise record

Their mission is the SB and I do not think they will risk injuries to thier core players just to win a game that means nothing

Even if they play their starters, I think that we have what it takes to beat them.

Beating their best will give us more confidence going into the playoffs.

I don't really see why so many people are thinking that the Cowboy's are going to try and surprise us by playing their starters the entire game, thinking we will be taking this game easy. We don't have a game after this one unless we win, why would we EVER think it would be a walk in the park?

What really pissed me off about the pats and giants game was that every team in the NFC east, except the redskins, gave the patriots problems. The skins may not be the most exposive team in this division but the skins sure are the toughest. Why didn't the skins play there best against the pats? The skins are known to step up as the underdog I just don't get why they lost 52-7.

What really pissed me off about the pats and giants game was that every team in the NFC east' date=' except the redskins, gave the patriots problems. The skins may not be the most exposive team in this division but the skins sure are the toughest. Why didn't the skins play there best against the pats? The skins are known to step up as the underdog I just don't get why they lost 52-7.[/quote']

I think everyone was home against them BUT us...:doh:

Or wait, Philly might have played them in their house..

Yea, because the Patriots are playing for their playoff lives......

:doh:

Just look back to last year, when Denver needed a win in Week 17 to make the playoffs but were upset by an Arizona team playing "only for pride." Naturally, the Broncos lost (and arguably still haven't recovered).

Now, there aren't enough players on a roster to put all backups in, and I would say that Cowboys at 85% strength now are still a far better team than that Arizona squad from last year.

You can never take anything for granted in this league, as the Patriots saw tonight and so many other teams have in the past. If we come out flat tomorrow in any regard, we will lose the game. It's as simple as that. We can't count on us "wanting it more" - we're going to have to play some sublime football to come out victorious

I'm going to say what I've been saying all week long.

If anybody thinks the Cowboys are just going to come into fedex and laydown, you need to be examined.

Jerry Jones and wade phillips are not going to rest any staters that are healthy.

They are going to play this game all out and try to win.

Romo sits to pee,whitten,crayton,barber, williams ect ect are going to play all 4 quaters.

We are going to have to play the game of our life to win.

The Cowboys are 13-2. They have a chance to break a franchise record and some player records also.

They hate us, and they do not want us in the playoffs. They are going to play all out.

I was thinking that too...I hope the Skins aren't thinking that they are going to walk out there and win against a bunch of scrubs because the scrubs on the cowboys aren't all that bad. Let's face it...their #2 QB is Brad Johnson, theire #2 RB is Marion Jones and they have Terry Glenn listed as probable. I would say that the turds could put a hurting on us if we are unprepared.

Still...I think we're going to kick their butts...I hope...

Archived