Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Visual Proof that Childress is Full of It (no sub prior to 12-man play)

CrazyZeb

Childress was livid about the call. Because Washington made a last-second substitution before the snap, he contended that the rule -- one of the league's points of emphasis this season -- is supposed to allow the defense time to match the substitution.

"I just want to see it even-handed," Childress said. "That's all I want to see. The video's going to show it, and it's irritating as hell."

That's from the current AP recap. That annoys me cause it's obviously false.

GREAT visual evidence. Proof is in the pudding.

He's a wining little ninny who didn't have the balls to throw the challenge flag quickly on the Moss CATCH and then didn't have the class to just give credit to the 'Skins. WHENVER the 'SKins lose (and sadly that's been a bit) Gibbs just praises the other team, takes the blame, says, "We're all in it together," and moves on. This joker might take a note on being gracious in defeat from a HOFer.

I believe Saunders not only saw the 12th player on the snap, but I believe he may have been anticipating it.

Knowing that the Vikings are not entitled to substitute unless the 'Skins had subbed, and having the specified play for this scenario, Saunders was at an extreme advantage to set the infraction up.

My guess is Saunders knew it was a challengable error, and has schemed specifically for this scenario.

As 'Skins fans we know the correspondence between Gibbs, et al, can take what seems to be an eternity at times. The fact that Gibbs threw the challenge so quickly indicates, to me, that the staff was ready for the 12th man infraction.

Perhaps some of this offensive genius we've been holding our breath for with Al Saunders? I think so..:2cents:

Let me ask everyone a question even if childress was right..and we were subing and couldnt hurry the play because we have to let them sub doesnt the fumble play get blown dead anyway....and we still keep posession...if im correct i remember the same thing happened against philly we subbed in or jumbo package and they had there package in with all cornerbacks and no bigboys on the field we ran the play and the refs blew it dead and said we had to let them sub...so what is he whining about he wouldnt have gotten the ball anyway.

timeout, is there some sort of subbing rule that i dont know?

what matter is it if we subbed or not subbed? they still had 12 men...

yeah it happened in the eagles game if the offense subs players...you have to allow the defense to sub if they decide so....but the point of this thread is we didnt sub so we dont have to let them sub.

Archived