Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did anyone get scared when Gibbs threw out the Red Flag?

ceekay84

when Sir Gibbs threw out the red flag?

I know I was!!!

Yup. I yelled at the TV; "Here we go!!! NOW WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!?!?"

It a flash I had this image of "The team that tried to be too clever" actually having worked on rushing to get a play off to avoid reviews and it blowing up in our faces.

For all the screw ups we've had with reviews and pressure decisions the last 4 seasons, Joe and his crew get HUGE credit for that one!!!

HUGE.

He was lying, we didn't sub. I checked the tape.

i wouldnt say so much lying as confused. everything happened so fast. michaels and madden said as much when childress was protesting that the skins didnt let him substitute but they pointed out that the skins didnt substitute, that they went directly to the line no huddle.

i honestly thought it was all for naught though because santana was in bounds with that catch and we shouldnt have needed to run up to the line and snap one off. it was a tremendous break for us though because minny had just scored, caught us off guard with the offside kick and scored again. three straight possessions for the defense was too much and they clearly had the momentum.

whoever caught that penalty in the box deserves a lapdance :D

I had no idea as to what the hell he could be challenging. but when he did, i thought it was brilliant.

i just heard on the radio that the challenge was pushed for by Saunders via his son and the videographer.

i for one think its refreshing that a team with so many coaches found a way to use them in harmony for a great result.

Stock me with the confused pile, but when I heard what the challenge was I was elated and the moment we won it, I knew we won the game. If we lost the challenge, I think there was a fifty-fifty chance we surrender another lead and lose. That was a huge and brilliant challenge.

I agree with D'Pablo that it may have been the greatest instant replay challenge ever. As I said elsewhere, anyone can throw the flag out to review a catch or fumble or spot. On THAT basis?

I think the rules may be unclear on that but the decisiveness and the certainty forced them to think about it on the spot and rule in our favor.

I almost thought for a second that he was going to challenge something that was not legal to challenge.....almost thought.

How do you have an "almost thought"?

;)

Someone said we were lucky. There WERE 12 men on the field. How did winning that challenge become lucky?

I have to chime in with Confused! I was'nt sure what we could possibly be challenging but when the announcers said he was challenging 12 men on the field, I KNEW without a doubt that there were 12 men on the field. Thats not something even Coach Gibbs would throw a red flag at without some solid evidence.

I aso would have to agree with everyone that said that challenge was by and far the BEST challenge EVER!!! By Anyone, Anywhere!!!

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

Mark me down as confused. Honestly, I was unaware you could challenge to get a penalty for anything. I always assumed that if the refs missed it, you were just SOL.

So I was sitting staring at the TV thinking "Well... it's obviously a fumble. And they obviously recovered it. I give up. What on Earth is he challenging?"

I was still busy picking up pieces of my remote that I had thrown when they fumbled the ball away.:doh:

Anyway I was confused at first and thought they were challenging the fumble, but, when they said about 12 men on the field I was thinking good call, and how the hell do I fix the remote before my wife wakes up!:laugh:

Archived