Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did anyone get scared when Gibbs threw out the Red Flag?

ceekay84

I didn't know what he was challenging at first...but when they said he was challenging 12 men on the field, I knew it was a good challenge, because we had snapped the ball too quick for them to make a quicker arrangement.

Same, plus its not like you could be not sure if there were 12 people. If you make that call, you have to be pretty damn sure there were 12 out there.

After I found out what he was challenging and that he was going to win something just popped into my head:

SENILE? YOU PEOPLE ACTUALLY THOUGHT GIBBS HAD GONE SENILE? HA!

Yeah. It was awesome.

Even if someone from upstairs told him to throw it he wasn't obliged to. Very good call.

Definitely after the Moss catch/fumbled snap moment, I was starting to see the game slip away. Then the 12 men penalty gave us a second wind and we went on to win the game. Ultimately who knows what would have happen if the fumble stood but the momentum was definitely turning.

I yelled at the TV and was furious at first.

Did you all hear Childress' reasoning in his presser, he may have something about how we substituted. He thought he had a point, im not sure it sounded like it could be a technicality rule

He was lying, we didn't sub. I checked the tape.

I yelled at the TV and was furious at first.

Did you all hear Childress' reasoning in his presser, he may have something about how we substituted. He thought he had a point, im not sure it sounded like it could be a technicality rule

Look what happned with us against buff with that ref :doh:

Im just happy we won, i also thought he was challenging the fumble.....Never 2nd guess Gibbs In December and January!!!

Not scared, but confused. I didn't know what they could possibly be challenging.

Exactly. Me too.

Turns out, they were completely on the ball. That was a brilliant challenge and it changed the game - I think that ended up being a 14-point swing, though I have no way of proving what Minnesota would have done with the ball there.

Yes I was because I thought he was going to say that collins spiked the ball or something. When the ref made the announcement, I was like "How would he know that?" Boy was I glad whoever made that challenge call to Gibbs because that literally saved our season. What a great decision.

1) BRILLIANT call.

2) Wow, I haven't seen anything THAT crazy since the end of the November 5, 2006 Cowboys game with the blocked field goal that Taylor scooped up, returned to the fifty, then they tacked on a 15 yard face mask, all with no time remaining, and then Novak nails it from 52 yards.

I saw Childress all angry about the subsitution, but what the difference 5 yards. If they were substituting then the play wasn't valid anyway and therefore no fumble. They couldn't win either way unless I'm mistaken, so why all the anger over 5 yards?

Yeah, I was a little curious as to why he challenged, and then upon hearing it was thrilled. Finally, a challenge that would go our way. As for Childress and the substitution? That man can go shove his head up his a**, he's just bitter and looking for a reason as to why he lost the game. What a fool to challenge the rules of the game and then look for excuses. Maybe once again the Vikes' fans will be demanding his firing and head on a platter! HTTR!

Archived