Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bryant Gumbel

dockeryfan

If I have to hear this idiot say "it appears to be enough for a first down" I'm going to stick an ice pick in my ear canal. Just make a damn call. Quit hedging your bets.

Also, last night a Rams player makes a catch and he says "It appears that there are more Pttsburgh fans in the stadium than Rams fans. The crowd in booing the first down catch" or something like that

The crowd was shouting "Bruce" for Isaac Bruce.

Gumbel is horrible.

Maybe they'll sign Mike Patrick to an eight game deal before he does college basketball, but I seriously doubt if he leaves ESPN. He's already doing college football on Saturday Nights for them. They just need to get someone in there that is more, how can I say, appealing to ears.

]']I think Collinsworth ought to tackle Gumbel' date=' and both get fired.

Then hire McGuire, Patrick, and [b']Theissman[/b].

I'd watch each and every single NFL Network game in an instant.

Ugh - this crowd is just as bad. I'm sorry, but I can't stand Theisman in the booth. Nice guy and all, but horrible in the booth.

NFl Network is doing their best to gain support for their product and they are failing miserably. Replace Collinsworth with Deion and Marshall. AND keep Gumbel? The exec who made the decision to bring in Gumbel and subsequently KEEP him after he has continually proven he is the WORST ever, should be taken behind a shed and shot dead. I'm not even slightly exaggerating. Shot dead.

My Dad and I had a long conversation during last night's game. I'm surprised I forgot all about it and someone beat me to making this thread! Bryant Gumbel is a freakin idiot and knows nothing about football. Last year when he made his debut, I can't even count on two hands how many times in 3 games he called the wrong penalty. Dockeryfan is completely right when he talks about ice picks through heads.

The guy's voice brings about as much to football as fingernails on a chalkboard bring to an opera house.

Removing him from the network is not enough. He's like a ****ing ****roach. I mean, he was supposed to be out with a sore throat last week then BAM, he's there and Collinsworth is gone. Clearly a petition is NOT going to get the job done. Gumbel AND the person who is keeping him there need to be eliminated.

Yes, he is by far the worst play by play announcer. I thought that the guy who filled in for him last Saturday, Tom (I can't remember his name right now. He does Notre Dame games.) He did a pretty good job for Gumbel. Gumbel should stay hosting Real Sports and not do play by play. He is absolutely terrible.

He is the worst of all time. I think (and I'm serious) I would do better, so long as I had a few weeks of practice so I could be prepared for on-camera/on-air performance.

He's AWFUL. I swear he should be in front of a fake fireplace somewhere talking about the results of the downhill slalom. LEAVE US BE, you devil!

Archived