Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brunell In Washington

SKINFAN23

What about, we have secured a playoff spot and we are crushing the Cowboys and it is the last quarter. Crushing=28pts or more. Then put Brunell, McCardell and everyone else who probably won't play again in the game and give them instructions to go score.

I do appreciate your opinions, a lot of your posts have nothing to do with my question. And I guess that just shows the lack of class that many Redskin fans have. Who are some of you people going to blame now that Brunell isn't playing. Damn, some of you act like he is the anti christ or something. Don't forget the good the man has done for this team. I guess I am one of the few people who still respect Mark Brunell, and I guess I am one of the few skin fans who have an ounce of class...THE MAN HASN'T PLAYED A DAMN DOWN THIS YEAR AND PEOPLE STILL BASH HIM. I can't predict the future but I can't see how anyone would think that Jason Campbell is going to have a better career than Mark Brunell...Jason Campbell at his age couldn't hold Mark Brunell's jockstrap.

I can't predict the future but I can't see how anyone would think that Jason Campbell is going to have a better career than Mark Brunell...Jason Campbell at his age couldn't hold Mark Brunell's jockstrap.

i was going to come back and say something before this part about how there are no such things as fond goodbye farewell games for qbs who are nearly done, how much i still love the guy after week 2 / 05 and think it's fun to see him on the sidelines during games and excited about a guy like him helping to coach JC up as he progresses, but after this last statement you gave i just can't help but think TROLL.

the fireworks are about to go off.

I wanted to get your alls opinion. If the Redskins are out of the playoffs come our last game vs Dallas, would it be the right thing to do to let Mark Brunell play? He has done a lot of good as a Redskin and it would be most likely his last chance to play football in the NFL again. I say let him play one more time. He deserves it. He has been an escape goat for this team long enough.

RIP SEAN TAYLOR

Uh, that would be a big fat NO! He is not an escape goat, but he is one of the goats of this team. I place a big portion of the failure of Gibbs 2 on his overreliance on Brunell. We won in spite of, not because of Brunell in '05.

Just looking at his individual performance during his tenure at Washington, he basically has been unable to complete a pass over 10 yards for the vast majority of the time (the 2 bombs to Santana against Dallas being the shining exceptions). Now, you may say was it the playcalling or was it Mark Brunell? Which came first, the chicken or the egg? We will never know, but Mark's performance was definitely a major contributing factor to Gibbs 2.0 not doing as well as it could. Jacksonville was correct in their assessment to let Brunell go...

I do appreciate your opinions, a lot of your posts have nothing to do with my question. And I guess that just shows the lack of class that many Redskin fans have. Who are some of you people going to blame now that Brunell isn't playing. Damn, some of you act like he is the anti christ or something. Don't forget the good the man has done for this team. I guess I am one of the few people who still respect Mark Brunell, and I guess I am one of the few skin fans who have an ounce of class...THE MAN HASN'T PLAYED A DAMN DOWN THIS YEAR AND PEOPLE STILL BASH HIM. I can't predict the future but I can't see how anyone would think that Jason Campbell is going to have a better career than Mark Brunell...Jason Campbell at his age couldn't hold Mark Brunell's jockstrap.

The good the man has done for the team? The best thing MB has done for the team, I suppose, is take the restructings in his contract. Otherwise, you are barking up the wrong tree my friend. You have to objectively evaulate a player's individual performance. Looking solely at MB's performance while in a Washington Redskin's uniform- well let's just say that it is not pretty.

As far as JC goes, you maybe right that JC may not have a productive career as MB did. BUT, and this is a huge BUT, all the productivity MB had in his career occurred while he was in a Jacksonville uniform. The productivity that JC will have will, hopefully, occur in a Redskins uniform.

Dude, I'm not even sure what your point is- Mark Brunell's career is over and it is time for him to retire. You act as if the team would be better off with MB in today versus Jason. Perhaps if Dan Snyder could use all his money to invite time travel, then the Skins could go back and grab MB during his heyday. Hey that would work! :laugh:

It is so funny that someone asked if you were Mark Brunell... now I am starting to think you might actually be. Just a word of advice... you won't last long here if you come at people as a cheerleader and alienate them with your first few posts. :)

I would say that is a good idea, maybe have him come in the 4th quarter. Despite many Redskins Fans hating him Mark was part of a great run in 2005 to make the playoffs and he is only the second Redskins QB to win both games in a season sweep of the Cowboys.

So, now it is classy to bash Campbell, but not Brunell???? You sound to me like someone who only wants to hear people agree with you. Lighten up and maybe rethink telling people how they should respond to your posts. To me, that is classless.

As stated above, MB had his chance. I do thank him for taking us to the playoffs in 2005, but if you look at those last few games, there were a lot of defensive plays that got us into the playoffs to begin with (interceptions and so on). Mark Brunell will be respected as a Redskins, but I wouldn't put him in because I feel sorry for him. Furthermore, I think with a few more years, Campbell will surpass Brunell...I mean, this was JC's first starting year, and I think he will produce more as the new seasons approach.

No one has seriously blamed Brunell for anything this season. Mark Brunell is done, so who cares what he did in the past. And you can't see how anyone would think Jason is going to hav ea better career? When did you get a glass ball that looks into the future. I would like to have one!

Back to your original question, hes a professional. He doesnt need to get "Playing Time" before he leaves. Name me one QB who got playing time in the last meaningless game beacuse he might not be resigned?????? Seriously, find me one, and come back here and post that. I'll be waiting...

Archived