Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Redskins' McIntosh Is Lost for Season,(Rocky is gone for 9 months to a year).

mcarey032

Un F*ing believable. What's the record for starting players lost for the year with injuries? This is just rediculous. We have the absolute worst luck of any franchise, hands down.

And of course, we have to lose our important players, our best player on the team (Taylor), the entire right side of our O-line and our best run blocker, our starting corner, our 1st and 2nd WR for much of the year. Our QB likely won't be back, now our fast, young LB is out for next season also??? This is just sick. . .

Urgh. This is about all I can think to say right now. I hope we get some late round steals, like another Blades but at OLB and perhaps some late round diamond in the rough corner.

I guess 08 is going to be an 8-8 year the way its looking so far guys.

Our highest draft picks over the last four years out, one permanently due to a pointless murder. Salary cap issues minimize future high impact trade acquisitions. Is there a silver lining to this dark cloud?

I suppose one positive outcome from this situation is this: A consensus within the team as a whole, from the owner, to the coaches, to the players, to the trainers, that an intense conditioning program is necessary to minimize this sort of attrition in the future.

Usually when you have a bad year you can always look to next year when the slate will be wiped clean. But thats not even true for us. Carlos and Rocky probably wont even be back next year. And Sean is never coming back. :(

Playoffs or not, this is the season from hell.

...add to that the salary cap issues. This team will be really hampered in its abiity to find anything resembling a positinal upgrade or even quality depth. Let's just hope this team drafts REALLY well this year.

The only knock on Rocky when we drafted him was that he was injury prone. It sucks to have this happen, but I can't say I am terribly surprised.

Different knees I believe.

EDIT: well, not that it matters; he's out one way or another. I am glad that we will be able to develop Blades though. As I've said before, with the right coaching and inter-game management, he could turn into a late-round gem for us.

Let's stop all this "boo-hoo, we're cursed "garbage. - This entire season in general, all around the NFL, has been horrible as far as injuries.

This is a physical game and these guys that play today are faster and stronger then ever at any time in the past.

I just hope Rocky recovers completely and keeps his mind sharp while he's not on the field.

it'll take Rocky and Carlos the full amount of healing time because of the positions they play which require full speed explosivness and cutting fast in both directions.

And the muscles themselves will have to be rebuilt after the ACL/MCL has healed.

not to mention increasing how injury prone they are.

What's next? Seriously.............. WHAT'S THE HELL ELSE IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO THIS TEAM????

We have some Pro-Bowl caliber, young talent on this team. Campbell, Cooley, Sean Taylor, Rogers, Macintosh, Landry. Four of them are gone. Only two are still standing.

It simply can't be understated how completely devistating the 2007 season has been. I can remember seasons that were more dissapointing, but no season will match up when it comes to just pure crushing devistation.

Archived