Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Face it people, we got LUCKY!

PierceType

LET ME BOTTOM LINE THIS FOR YOU GIBBS-IS-GOD DRONES:

We have lost 7 games this season. 6 of those were 100% due to Gibbs ultra-conservative, kill the clock with 2 quarters left mentality.

You can scream and yell about how Gibbs is Hall of Fame and all the rest. Fine, but back then he lost only 22 games where he had a second half lead in his whole career, this time around he has lost almost that many in 4 years.

WE HAVE THE TALENT TO BE 13-1. We have lead the Cowboys and the Packers in the second half. Our coaches have done a piss-poor job this year and they NEVER learn from their mistakes.

If you want to live in a fantasy-land and deny this obvious truth go ahead.

New England's talent may be a little better than ours, but their coaching is light-years ahead. Until gibbs learns to go balls-out for 4 quarters, we will continue to lose these close games.

Set the tiger free.

WE HAVE THE TALENT TO BE 13-1. We have lead the Cowboys and the Packers in the second half. Our coaches have done a piss-poor job this year and they NEVER learn from their mistakes.
Whopping 3 point leads against the #2 and #3 offenses in the NFL.

Please explain this 13-1 talent. I don't care how bad the coaching is, a 13-1 team can convert a 1st and goal from the 1 yard line.

You want to see a fantasy land?
New England's talent may be a little better than ours,
Exhibit A

No, dude, we didn't get LUCKY.

Drops are not luck, they are inferior play from your skill players. We've lost because of the same type of crappy issues. Doesn't mean we were lucky this time, just means our opponent played worse than we did in the same conditions. So we win. Period.

We have lost 7 games this season. 6 of those were 100% due to Gibbs ultra-conservative, kill the clock with 2 quarters left mentality.

You can scream and yell about how Gibbs is Hall of Fame and all the rest. Fine, but back then he lost only 22 games where he had a second half lead in his whole career, this time around he has lost almost that many in 4 years.

New England's talent may be a little better than ours, but their coaching is light-years ahead. Until gibbs learns to go balls-out for 4 quarters, we will continue to lose these close games.

Set the tiger free.

If you don't like it go cheer on the Patriots! We won luck or not. your type is what makes :puke: . We win you whine we lose you whine get over it and take a win any way we can get it at least we are not the dolphins.

We didn't we score on the opening possession of the second half? I'm pretty sure we did?

Anyway, I was planning to answer... And it's about time! For all the misfortune and misery this team has faced we deserved to get a bounce, but let's look at it objectively. You have a QB who hasn't started for ten years, is not known for his arm strength, and a day where the wind is blowing the ball all over the place. Do you really think that's the day to send the ball whizzing through the air? Yesterday a 19 point lead was like a thirty point lead and a 12 point lead was worth much more than that.

Great points made, its always easy to play monday morning QB. I would have done this and I would have done that, BS get the WIN. I don't know just my opinion but I felt like ST was out there Sunday night in spirit knocking those balls out of the Giants receivers hands and disrupting those passes. HTTR

Set the tiger free.

I am going to have to agree with his main idea. I don't really think we were as lucky as we were successful at execution. I am not one for Gibbs bashing and really have never done so but, didn't you find yourself saying out loud at the TV or at the games the past couple of weeks "Here we go again."

I also agree that we have 13-1 talent without some of our starters on the field. We have had halftime leads against every division winner except Seattle... also the top wild card holder too in NY. 75% of the games mentioned were away... that's pretty good, right? A lead is a lead is a lead and if you have one at the end of a game it converts to a "W" It's just a shame that we are really bad at doing that (holding a lead or adding to it.) Ask yourself why we are bad at holding a lead or adding to it... I mean really ask yourself... everytime I ask myself i get the same answer... conservative coaching aka Marty Ball.

The Patriots are much better than we are... that sucks. I really think that if we meet them in the Superbowl that we can at least give them a game with this emotional energy that we have.

One thing I will say for the coaching staff is that they are the best leaders in the NFL. After the heartache this team has had to stomach... they kept us cohesive and alive. Am I saying that this is a bad coaching staff... absolutely not... What i am saying is this: If we had stuck with the same game plan in the 3rd and 4th quarters as we have in the 1st and 2nd this whole year, we would have a better record than 7-7 and already be in the playoffs... Then again if your Aunt had Balls she'd be your uncle. All we can do is cheer on the team and hope that someone else screws up... because of our lackl of 2nd half execution. If you can argue with that... You might be insane.:cool:

Set the tiger free.

I didn't know that was Gibbs out there dropping passes, throwing INTs, fumbling the ball away and missing kicks. We lost to Dallas, Philly, Tampa, and Green Bay because of poor player execution.

If you don't like it go cheer on the Patriots! We won luck or not. your type is what makes :puke: . We win you whine we lose you whine get over it and take a win any way we can get it at least we are not the dolphins.

If we miss the playoffs due to the inability to protect a lead, you'll wish we were the Dolphins... with about a million other people. I think you are missing his good points in all of this... Although he isn't very good at relaying it in a positive way, he thinks we have the ability to light up the scoreboard and we choose not to. Since when is someone's opinion on an open forum pukeworthy? It is a bit irrational to complain about a win, but the successful teams analyze their faults in WINS and LOSSES in order to learn from mistakes and make themselves better... don't you agree?

I didn't know that was Gibbs out there dropping passes, throwing INTs, fumbling the ball away and missing kicks. We lost to Dallas, Philly, Tampa, and Green Bay because of poor player execution.

This is also another good point. Gibbs is not solely to blame here, but when the ship wrecks, the captain tends to go down with it. I really believe (if you have the ability to look at it objectively) that it is a combination of conservative play calling and poor execution of that conservative play call. Turnovers have killed us this year, but not as much as being beat on big plays. Burress beat at at home, T.O. beat us on the road, Consevative play calling (Williams) lost us the lead in Buffalo along with poor offensive line play. How about Santana Moss fumbling in GB (Not Gibbs fault), Calling two timeouts against Buffalo (Not Gibbs fault)... There has been some bad (on-field) coaching and some great coaching. There have been some great player efforts and some piss poor ones. It's like mistake Jambalaya.

How did we get lucky, if Landry didn't get that stupid penalty on that 3rd down we shutout the Giants in the 1st half. Were you people watching the same game we handled the Giants just like we handled them the 1st game, we owed them one. This time we sealed the deal. HTTR

Good grief what do we have to do. The Giants game was HUGE. Horrible playing conditions in a place we haven't played well. Quite a few other teams including the home team haven't played that well there either.

For sure on the drive they scored a touchdown on they looked like they were about to click. BBuuuuuutttt our defense began to put some pressure up the middle on Eli and forced him to throw when he wasn't ready. Yeah that and a few drops helped us a lot but the pressure up the middle had the biggest affect.

We played a solid game, hey how about our gimp leg kicker with goal line kickoffs in those conditions. The 49 yd FG was no slouch either. Our punter took the first couple kicks off but after that he did a good job.

I thought we had a solid game maybe wasn't all that pretty but ask the Giants if they would have taken an ugly win.

DanDan :helmet:

100% correct, the players have to take upon themselves to execute and win the game, not Gibbs. Every bad play during the losses, you can point at players not executing instead of play calling. Campbell was missing wide open guys, O-line not blocking well, and the D allowing teams to go right down the field on us.

Let me start off by saying I am a life-long Redskins fan that used to cheer for them back when Sonny Jergensen wore the jersey, so I'm no troll.

That being said, Joe Gibbs did in the second half what he always does: shut the offense down and try to sit on the lead. Play it safe. Run it up the gut. 3 and out and hope the defense can hold.

However, this time, WE GOT LUCKY:

1. The Giants simply could NOT catch the ball. I think I counted at least 10 drops.

2. I saw at least 3 times we interfered with the receiver and we weren't flagged.

3. Giants defenders twice dropped easy picks.

Gibbs simply refuses to learn and get away from his ULTRA-CONSERVATIVE style when he gets a lead. I swear, I think these 3 point games excite him somehow.

Want PROOF?

In the first 32 minutes of this game, we scored 22 points (could have been more).

In the final 28 minutes of this game we scored ZERO (sound familiar?).

'Nuff said. I'm happy for the win, but we have to thank the Giants more than we have to thank Gibbs.

P.S., I know I'll get flamed for this, so go ahead. I don't care cause I know I'm right.

IF YOU HAVE TO PREFACE YOUR POST WITH "I'M A LONG TIME FAN....SO I'M NO TROLL" It's time to come out from underneath that bridge you're living under because there are a few billy goats here ready to kick your ***.

WE WON!!!We dominated throughout the game. Luck is the ability to capitalize on opportunities. oh and.... WE WON!!!!!!!

(baaaaa!) :nutkick: :whippin:

100% correct, the players have to take upon themselves to execute and win the game, not Gibbs. Every bad play during the losses, you can point at players not executing instead of play calling. Campbell was missing wide open guys, O-line not blocking well, and the D allowing teams to go right down the field on us.

You do realize that while the players need to execute, the coaches have to put them in the position to be able to execute effectively. Obviously that doesn't have to do with fumbles and what not. However, when you have a marginal lead and then start becoming conservative and predictable with your playcalling you are making it extremely hard for your players to produce given that the defense pretty much knows what is coming much of the time. I mean seriously, how many options are there with a max protect package with 1 or MAYBE 2 WRs? How easy is it for teams to make sure those guys are covered but still leave people in to stop the run? Coaching and player execution are both important.

Archived