Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hmmm what if Daniel Snyder owned the Falcons....

smashmowf

Well it may have taken a few years, but Danny is starting to get there.

Remember that Edward Williams did a lot of the same things Snyder does.

He signed a lot of older players

Hired high profile coaches

and spent a lot of money

Eventually he became a somewhat successful owner

Chicago - Super Bowl

Jets - Playoffs last year

Cincinnatti - Was a joke 5-6 years ago, but is decent now.

Arizona, Detroit, Miami, San Fran - Suck...but they know it.

Redskins - Suck, but every year we outspend the rest of the league, fans all predict Super Bowl victories, and blast any media outlet that says otherwise. Then the season falls apart, they blame injuries, the weather, the schedule, etc. Then March comes around and they manage the cap enough to find more players that will not live up to expectations. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Laughingstock? Yeah...I'd say so. Look around. The entire football world wants this team to fail. With reason.

Every off-season, the Redskins need to "Rob Peter to Pay Paul".

They need to weaken one postion in order to patch holes in another position.

This the main reason that every season, something on the team breaks down.

Their starters are being overpaid. This means less money for backups. This means that injuries are extremely costly.

I have a question:

Jon Janson is costing the Redskins $3.449M against the cap. They placed him on IR after week one. Does that mean the Redskins get $3.449M or a percentage of it back to spend on a replacement?

Redskins - Suck, but every year we outspend the rest of the league, fans all predict Super Bowl victories, and blast any media outlet that says otherwise. Then the season falls apart, they blame injuries, the weather, the schedule, etc. Then March comes around and they manage the cap enough to find more players that will not live up to expectations. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Laughingstock? Yeah...I'd say so. Look around. The entire football world wants this team to fail. With reason.

Every fan of every team to some degree in the offseason predicts their team to go to the super bowl. Fans believe the hype of their b/c they have faith in their team, and every team in the offseason sets that goal it just takes some teams longer than others.

Bad personnel decision making has plagued this team throughout the Snyder 2000s.

Until a competent GM is hired and this team shows that it can effectively scout and draft day two talent, while handling the salary cap effectively by following the example of other winning teams in this league, Danny gets no love from me.

BTW, I never agreed w/Arthur Blanke's method of constructing his entire team around a mediocre QB w/ occasional highlight making capability. That personnel move was very Danny like. But I'm sure Vick sold a lot of jerseys which Danny liked b/c he got 1 32nd of a share of each one sold.

Why do they get the injury and change pass but we dont?

Our best player was murdered. Our #1 Corner IR. Our right side of our offensive line lost to injury.

Why do you defend Chicago, yet cant defend the skins there BLC?

because, we had our #1 corner and our starting saftey play last year, as well as our whole oline, and we went 5-11. we lose those guys and now were sitting at 6-7.

the bears were a dominant team, had some key injuries, and started to suck. but before the injuries, they were a beast of a team. before our injuries, we still sucked just as bad.

I love how everyone always seems to hate on Snyder for spending money to improve the team by getting big-name guys and having lots of roster turnover in early years, and then most fans on ES seem to think that we have to start from scratch every offseason by firing coach (Gibbs), coordinators (Saunders and Williams), star players (Portis). Then, they expect to get stud players like Chad Johnson and Roy Williams.

The team at least has a solid foundation now, and while the FO is probably the biggest problem, it's not so much on Snyder. Yes, the Skins would do better with a GM, but Gibbs has become the defacto GM, with Vinny as the assistant. The fact that we've had so many close games, tells you that the team could get to the next level. A few plays here and there, and we'd be a true competitor. Now I know that close doesn't count, but it's not like we have to blow up the team or fire everyone on the staff and roster just because of a loss (speaking in general here with the tone of the board).

because, we had our #1 corner and our starting saftey play last year, as well as our whole oline, and we went 5-11. we lose those guys and now were sitting at 6-7.

the bears were a dominant team, had some key injuries, and started to suck. but before the injuries, they were a beast of a team. before our injuries, we still sucked just as bad.

Sorry, but in 2006, we had a decent number of injuries as well. Both Portis and Springs were injured for the entire season. Marcus Washington was in and out, with some lingering injuries. Our starting DTs, Griffin and Salavea both had lingering injuries as well throughout the year. Our MLB Lemar Marshall was recovering from offseason shoulder surgery. Santana Moss had injuries that bothered him for a 5 game stretch in the middle of the season.

We had some key players go down, which factored into our 5-11 season. Now, that isn't really an excuse because plenty of teams have injuries. But, don't try to compare this season to last and say that we sucked 'before our injuries'.

Snyder measures his success as the Redskin's owner based on revenue and profits.

Hiring Gibbs was a marketing gimmick.

If Dan Snyder is making huge profits from the Redskins, in his mind, he is producing high quality goods and services.

The NFL fans in the DC area cannot just drop the Redskins and start rooting and supporting another team. Snyder has a monopoly with the Redskins and is taking full advantage of it. He has the fans by the Balls and knows it.

Hate to say it, but I agree with you 100%.

If you cant see that the Bears windows is closing and our Window is opening BLC then I dont know how I can argue points with you.

The Bears D fense was dominant. Now its 26th.

Every fan of every team to some degree in the offseason predicts their team to go to the super bowl. Fans believe the hype of their b/c they have faith in their team, and every team in the offseason sets that goal it just takes some teams longer than others.

I don't think you'll find many Arizona, Detriot, or Miami fans predicting Super Bowls as often and as vehemently as Skins fans.

I mean, isn't the first step to admit you have a problem? Until they do, expect more of the same.

If you cant see that the Bears windows is closing and our Window is opening BLC then I dont know how I can argue points with you.

The Bears D fense was dominant. Now its 26th.

How, exactly, is the Skins window 'opening'? By the brute force of a TE, a rookie safety, and an unproven QB? Many unbiased people will point to the age of the coaching staff, the OL and DL, and the cap situation to say that the window on this team is almost closed.

Synder Cons:

Turned JKC Stadium into FedEx Field :nono:

Increased Ticket Prices :doh:

Added Obstructed View Seats :laugh: :doh: :rolleyes:

Synder Pros:

Willingness to spend money for a winner

Was great during the whole ST thing. All class. :applause:

Things you CANNOT blame on Synder:

The overall record. It is not the fault of the owner that the team on the field is not producing more victories. Ultimately that falls on the players and coaches. The owner is responsible for handing out paychecks and if he wasn't willing to go out and spend money on players THE COACHES ask for then it would be on his shoulders more. You can blame him for not hiring the right people to find talent but not for the talent, or lack thereof, on the field. It's simply not his job. When he was telling his staff who to sign and who to get you blamed him for being too involved. Now that he signs paychecks and nothing more, he is still at fault? I don't understand...:whoknows:

Mike Vick was very underrated, he was the entire offense. Yeah, he didn't throw over 1000 yards a season, but not many QBs could either in that offense. He did go over 3500 total yard when you include his rushing, and when you consider how many of his runs go for a first down, those yards are even more valueable.

Having Mike Vick at QB ment that the Falcons did not have to spend cap $ on offence, and could consintrate on Defense, and he lead that team to the playoffs several times.

Things you CANNOT blame on Synder:

The overall record. It is not the fault of the owner that the team on the field is not producing more victories. Ultimately that falls on the players and coaches.

I have to disagree here. The owner is ultimately responsible for the end product. Bill Gates may not be out there designing software, but he is at fault if the product is subpar - especially when he charges more for it than most other programs on the market.

snyder is a horrible owner. he has no committment to a long term solution. until he comes out and either says, or does what is necessary to BUILD a winner,

This struck me as odd from the guy who wants to continually wants to gut our roster and bring in new coaches every two weeks...

Purely based on what they spend, the Skins are the laughing stock of the NFL. They pay average players ridiculous amounts of money and conitnually lose. Is it all Snyder? No but he is in charge and approves everything.

His way of doing things is just not working. Hell, Joe Gibbs cant even turn it around.

Everything Snyder does on the field flops.

All that AND the team is making him a TON of money despite all of this.

Despite all his claims that he wants to win, I think making a handsome profit comes first. :2cents:

I don't think you'll find many Arizona, Detriot, or Miami fans predicting Super Bowls as often and as vehemently as Skins fans.

I mean, isn't the first step to admit you have a problem? Until they do, expect more of the same.

I'm pretty sure those teams also have "kool aid drinking" fans that believe all the hype that is given about their team in the offseason just like the redskin "kool aid drinkin" crowd. The difference between those teams and the skins is that there are more skin fans just b/c of demographic area, Secondly the local media has always over hyped this team in the off season & b/c the skins always seem to be the offseason champs, that is another reason why fans are so prompt to declare the skins super bowl champs, every off season.

It comes down to the fact that some people are highly critical/pessimistic, while others are optimistic/positive and believe that what ever the skins put out that they will win the super bowl. I consider myself a kind of optismtic/critical. I wont believe in a skins super bowl win until I see one but I will keep on cheering the skins on and supporting their decisions when they deserve it. Kind of like what Mark Twain said "A true patriot is someone who loves their country and their government when they deserve it" I will always love the skins but I will cheer for them when they deserve it.

Despite all his claims that he wants to win, I think making a handsome profit comes first. :2cents:

I think Dan considers winning and making money to be one and the same. In his mind, the Skins under this stewardship have been a huge success.

.....would he be blamed for all the misfortunate that has hit the Falcons since Mora misfired on radio? I bring it up because, personally I am happy to have Daniel Synder as the owner of my favorite team because the guy truly wants to win. But for some reason people often go out of there way to blame him for ridiculous stuff...I just wonder if its a personal issue....envy maybe because he one of the youngest owners out there? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places but I've heard nothing but sympathy for Arthur Blank and I wonder if Snyder would get the same treatment if he were the Falcons owner.....

The reason people show sympathy for Blank is he's always straight up with the media and the fans. He's not hiding behind some PR spokesman, like Snyder ususally is. Snyder spoke after Sean's death which was nice to hear, but you'll hardly see Snyder face the media when his team's losing. Unless it's a fluff interview with someone he knows won't press him. That's why the media rips him so much.

Archived