Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hmmm what if Daniel Snyder owned the Falcons....

smashmowf

Purely based on what they spend, the Skins are the laughing stock of the NFL. They pay average players ridiculous amounts of money and conitnually lose. Is it all Snyder? No but he is in charge and approves everything.

His way of doing things is just not working. Hell, Joe Gibbs cant even turn it around.

Everything Snyder does on the field flops.

I think it's a shame that Joe Gibbs is part of all this. Hiring Gibbs was just are marketing gimmick. Gibbs did not build the team when he was hired in 1981. The Team was already built by Beathard and Cooke. Gibbs' job was OC/HC ONLY!!

90% of the Cap is going to 10% of the players. One injury to one of their high-priced starters is 10 times more costly than it should be. Jon Janson goes down and the entire right side of the O-Line is worthless. In the Off-Season, they will cut some key players, do some quick-fix patches, create weaknesses at other positions and in 2008, something else will break down.

The Redskins will NEVER build a winning team in this manner.

we need to "gut our roster" and start fresh. thats how you BUILD a winner, not by putting bandaids on every problem the team has and continuing on like youre a real contender.

[snyder]

But, but, but...if I do that, how will I sell jerseys?? I won't have a justification to raise the concession prices either if a bunch of no-names are flopping around on the field!

[/snyder]

[snyder]

But, but, but...if I do that, how will I sell jerseys?? I won't have a justification to raise the concession prices either if a bunch of no-names are flopping around on the field!

[/snyder]

The ironic thing is that if he did start over, gut the team, and build it in a blue-collar type way with young talent and dealt with a couple of down years, this team would quickly be embraced by the town even more than his current crop of underacheivers is.

[snyder]

[/snyder]

exactly. selling deangelo hall jerseys, whether he fails or not, is much easier than selling (insert 4th round draft pick) if he fails.

but lets remember, dan snyder really wants to build a winner because he cares about winning more than his pocket. this is a guy who would trade his children for the right free agent.

The ironic thing is that if he did start over, gut the team, and build it in a blue-collar type way with young talent and dealt with a couple of down years, this team would quickly be embraced by the town even more than his current crop of underacheivers is.

but it would take longer, and there would be growing pains. snyder would rather fail and cash in, then fail and build for a potential huge cash day.

honestly, imagine if this fanbase had a team on par with the colts/pats. the skins would probably increase their revenue 5 fold.

but it would take longer, and there would be growing pains. snyder would rather fail and cash in, then fail and build for a potential huge cash day.

honestly, imagine if this fanbase had a team on par with the colts/pats. the skins would probably increase their revenue 5 fold.

True. It would take too long for his tastes. He'd rather lose in a pretty and profitable way then build for long term success.

This reminds me of the 1970's. George Allan and the "Over the Hill Gang". These guys were not the most talented group on the field and there were no superstars. However, every Sunday, they poured their heart and soul into the game and gave 100%. As a young boy, that meant more to me than winning. And that meant more to the fans than winning. The Cowboys were a major dynasty with Landry, Staubach and Dorsett and the Redskins usually lost to the Cowboys, but it wasn't from a lack of effort. When the Redskins beat the Cowboys in the NFC Championship game in the 82 NFC Champ Game (I was there) and two weeks later the Superbowl, that was icing on a cake that was baking for 10 years.

What the Redskins have now under Dan Snyder is an embarrassing pathetic bureaucratic quagmire compared to the team I once knew back in the 70's.

I am happy that there are others, besides me, who understand this.

...putting bandaids on every problem the team has and continuing on like youre a real contender.

You made a key statement here.

I really cannot say anything more.

The team goes 5-11, overpays for a couple of FAs in the off season, loses a couple key players through FA, signs 3rd rate scrub backups and expects everything to jell by September.

Every single move is in order to win the superbowl the following year.

Hello????...Danny????

This plan isn't working!!!

What the Redskins have now under Dan Snyder is an embarrassing pathetic bureaucratic quagmire compared to the team I once knew back in the 70's.

I like the description :)

It's sad how Dan has taken my favorite football team and turned it into a marketing machine that's main purpose is to line his own pockets.

If that was your goal, Dan, consider the mission accomplished.

Now, go away. Please.

I don't get the hate for Dan?? Since Gibbs has been here he has remained unheard and unseen.. Now I will agree our front office sucks and we need a GM which I have a feeling that will be filled by Gibbs once he stops coaching. I wouldn't have a problem with that. All he does is write the checks.. We have people who want the players and he gets them here.. Was Loyld a bust? Was a AA a bust? Yeah, without a doubt.. But AA is still a bust so that wasn't really are fault. He went to the bears and still sucks. Loyld on the other hand who the hell knows.. He was great when he was in San Fran then comes her and sucks. I don't think that was Dan's fault. I think that this is one of those cases that he got paid and doesn't give a #### anymore. Don't try to tell me that other teams didn't want him before he came here..

Look what he did for Taylors girlfriend and daughter.. Top notch IMO.. Yet everyone's still hating on him..

Let me tell ya. We could have it worse. I live down here in ATL and right now everyone is hating on the falcons. From the owner to the GM to the players.. It is a very ugly scene..

Really? How'd that work out for the Capitals? They did the exact same thing that all of you guys are proposing - shopped out all their big name players for whatever they could, decided to 'start from scratch'. They got rid of Bondra, Gonchar, Lang, Jagr, etc. They managed to finish tied for 2nd-worst in the NHL that year (hey, at least they weren't dead last!), and have sucked since. Barely anyone even follows the team anymore.

I refuse to believe that if we did all this, and then went 3-13 for the next three seasons, fans like you would be truly happy with the "rebuilding of young talent" our team was doing.

On a side note - this may be a little twisted, but the fact that the media loathes Snyder actually makes me like the man more.

Really? How'd that work out for the Capitals? They did the exact same thing that all of you guys are proposing - shopped out all their big name players for whatever they could, decided to 'start from scratch'. They got rid of Bondra, Gonchar, Lang, Jagr, etc. They managed to finish tied for 2nd-worst in the NHL that year (hey, at least they weren't dead last!), and have sucked since. Barely anyone even follows the team anymore.

I refuse to believe that if we did all this, and then went 3-13 for the next three seasons, fans like you would be truly happy with the "rebuilding of young talent" our team was doing.

Well, you just proved my point of view. I am completely behind the Capitals and what they have done. They suck now...but you can clearly see the growth. They are 6-3-1 in their last 10 games. It is universally accepted in the NHL that this team will be a contender in a year or 2, and could be for a decade. Almost all of their top players are under 23. And more are coming.

The money I used to spend on Skins tickets is now gladly spent on the Capitals. Please don't say that the fact that 'barely anyone follows them' is because of what they have done. No one really followed them before. DC is hardly a hockey town.

But, in a couple of years, when the Capitals have grown together and are one of the better teams in the league, and the Redskins are still focused on offseason headlines instead of in-season results, I'll bet their following begins to increase significantly.

Well, you just proved my point of view. I am completely behind the Capitals and what they have done. They suck now...but you can clearly see the growth. They are 6-3-1 in their last 10 games. It is universally accepted in the NHL that this team will be a contender in a year or 2, and could be for a decade. Almost all of their top players are under 23. And more are coming.

The money I used to spend on Skins tickets is now gladly spent on the Capitals. Please don't say that the fact that 'barely anyone follows them' is because of what they have done. No one really followed them before.

In a couple of years, when the Capitals have grown together and are one of the better teams in the league, and the Redskins are still focused on offseason headlines instead of in-season results, I'll bet their following begins to increase.

That's really good for you. Honestly. Teams going through rebuilding years (plural) need fans like us who will actually keep following and supporting. But the fact is, the vast majority of fans (including the ones who want to "blow up" the team in hopes of landing the perfect draft next year to build a bunch of stars) won't settle for that. They'll still complain regardless.

When I look at the 'Skins right now, I see the same thing going on, just in a slightly different manner. I see Landry, McIntosh, Montgomery, Rogers, Campbell, Cooley, Heyer, Alexander, Blades, and maybe a few other young players (Mix, perhaps? Espy, Broughton, Torrence, and Wilson?) that are forming a good core to carry this team for a long time. I don't really have a problem with us keeping good veteran players around to have these young guys learn from.

If we continue to draft like we have been, and then begin to phase out the older players for younger talent, I think the result you all are looking for will be the same, just achieved in a different manner.

That's really good for you. Honestly. Teams going through rebuilding years (plural) need fans like us who will actually keep following and supporting. But the fact is, the vast majority of fans (including the ones who want to "blow up" the team in hopes of landing the perfect draft next year to build a bunch of stars) won't settle for that. They'll still complain regardless.

When I look at the 'Skins right now, I see the same thing going on, just in a slightly different manner. I see Landry, McIntosh, Montgomery, Rogers, Campbell, Cooley, Heyer, Alexander, Blades, and maybe a few other young players (Mix, perhaps? Espy, Broughton, Torrence, and Wilson?) that are forming a good core to carry this team for a long time. I don't really have a problem with us keeping good veteran players around to have these young guys learn from.

If we continue to draft like we have been, and then begin to phase out the older players for younger talent, I think the result you all are looking for will be the same, just achieved in a different manner.

You're just a tad bit off.

There is no long term plan. The moves that are made in the off-season are quick-fix patches to miscellaneous positions in the attempt to win a superbowl in the next season.

Each season, Danny places his bets and rolls the dice. After he craps out, he sets up his bets for the next season and rolls again.

I get upset when they lose, because I know this entire process will start again in the off-season. I'm getting sick of this same crap season after season. I've seen 8 seasons of this (2000-2007) and I'm getting bored.

You're just a tad bit off.

There is no long term plan.

Oh hey, Mr. Snyder! I didn't know you posted on here. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I was beginning to think that maybe these people had a slight idea of what they were doing, but now that it's coming from an official source, I can resign myself to the fact that there is, in fact, no long term plan whatsoever for the future of this team.

Archived