Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hmmm what if Daniel Snyder owned the Falcons....

smashmowf

.....would he be blamed for all the misfortunate that has hit the Falcons since Mora misfired on radio? I bring it up because, personally I am happy to have Daniel Synder as the owner of my favorite team because the guy truly wants to win. But for some reason people often go out of there way to blame him for ridiculous stuff...I just wonder if its a personal issue....envy maybe because he one of the youngest owners out there? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places but I've heard nothing but sympathy for Arthur Blank and I wonder if Snyder would get the same treatment if he were the Falcons owner.....

The Falcons put all their eggs in one basket by drafting Vick.

The entire team revolves around Vick.

Now that Vick is no longer there, the team is 3-10 and the Head Coach is heading back to coach College.

This is bad planning and decision making on someone's part.

I think this is as bad as Danny and Vincy.

It's obvious that Vick was given a huge contract because he puts fans in the seats.

Everyone hates Dan Synder because of a stadium he didn't build nor had a hand in. For some unknown reason all the haters believe he built the stadium.

I don't aprove of the way Dan Snyder is running the team. However, I realize he did not build Fedex Field. However, he did turn it from JKC Stadium into Fedex Field, add obstructed view seating in the 200 section, increase ticket prices, turn the Redskins into a coast-to-coast joke with the FA signings and huge contacts only to average 7-9.

Laughing Stock?

TTR - I think you might be the king of over exaggeration for emphasis.

We are worse off or look worse currently than:

Miami

San Fran

Chicago

Detroit

Jets

Cincinnatti

Arizona ??

Those of us with realistic hopes at the beginning of the season saw us going about .500 this year. This is due to having a new qb in a new system. We have fufilled that thought.

Laughing Stock?

snyder is a horrible owner. he has no committment to a long term solution. until he comes out and either says, or does what is necessary to BUILD a winner, he will be a bad owner.

and all this snyder wants to win nonsense, hes making probably more money than any owner in the league. the dudes whole life is about making money, the redskins winning would just be icing on his cake - this fan base is so loyal, he can trot whatever he wants out on the field and still make a killing. owning the redskins has to be the easiest cash cow of a business i can think of.

Laughing Stock?

TTR - I think you might be the king of over exaggeration for emphasis.

We are worse off or look worse currently than:

Miami

San Fran

Chicago

Detroit

Jets

Cincinnatti

Arizona ??

Those of us with realistic hopes at the beginning of the season saw us going about .500 this year. This is due to having a new qb in a new system. We have fufilled that thought.

Laughing Stock?

chicago is hardly a laughing stock, they just went to the superbowl last year.

jets went to the playoffs last year and now suck, but have been pretty up and down over the past few years.

cincy just needs a defense, their offense is top flight.

wont argue ari/det/mia/sf - these teams suck and probably will for awhile. but dont forget, we have sucked just as bad as these teams over the past 15 years. to think otherwise is just blatantly ignoring history.

chicago is hardly a laughing stock, they just went to the superbowl last year.

jets went to the playoffs last year and now suck, but have been pretty up and down over the past few years.

cincy just needs a defense, their offense is top flight.

wont argue ari/det/mia/sf - these teams suck and probably will for awhile. but dont forget, we have sucked just as bad as these teams over the past 15 years. to think otherwise is just blatantly ignoring history.

Chicago? Not a laughing stock? WHO is their starting QB? WHO is their starting RB ? What is their identity? If anything they are currently a bigger joke then our beloved skins and the Danny.

Purely based on what they spend, the Skins are the laughing stock of the NFL. They pay average players ridiculous amounts of money and conitnually lose. Is it all Snyder? No but he is in charge and approves everything.

His way of doing things is just not working. Hell, Joe Gibbs cant even turn it around.

Everything Snyder does on the field flops.

snyder is a horrible owner. he has no committment to a long term solution. until he comes out and either says, or does what is necessary to BUILD a winner, he will be a bad owner.

and all this snyder wants to win nonsense, hes making probably more money than any owner in the league. the dudes whole life is about making money, the redskins winning would just be icing on his cake - this fan base is so loyal, he can trot whatever he wants out on the field and still make a killing. owning the redskins has to be the easiest cash cow of a business i can think of.

Snyder measures his success as the Redskin's owner based on revenue and profits.

Hiring Gibbs was a marketing gimmick.

If Dan Snyder is making huge profits from the Redskins, in his mind, he is producing high quality goods and services.

The NFL fans in the DC area cannot just drop the Redskins and start rooting and supporting another team. Snyder has a monopoly with the Redskins and is taking full advantage of it. He has the fans by the Balls and knows it.

Purely based on what they spend, the Skins are the laughing stock of the NFL. They pay average players ridiculous amounts of money and conitnually lose. Is it all Snyder? No but he is in charge and approves everything.

His way of doing things is just not working. Hell, Joe Gibbs cant even turn it around.

Everything Snyder does on the field flops.

Every team spends the same amount. Called a salary cap.

Please backup statement.

Look I am not saying that Snyder and FO are blameless. However We have seen a change in our approach since...ooo lets say 2003.

We have all our first round picks this year. We gave no one blockbuster contracts over the last off season. Why do we pick Now of all times to complain? If anything I would like to support the FO in their recent trend, not just say its business as usual.

You know what I worry about? If many of you all get your way and JG leaves, who is going to keep the Danny in this new mentality? No one. It will be a reverting back to the Deion and Jeffy days.

Thats why I dont understand people calling for Gibbs' head. No offense, but the Danny isnt going anywhere anytime soon. So why not have someone as the head coach that Danny doesnt question and override?

Laughing Stock?

Miami

San Fran

Chicago

Detroit

Jets

Cincinnatti

Arizona ??

Chicago - Super Bowl

Jets - Playoffs last year

Cincinnatti - Was a joke 5-6 years ago, but is decent now.

Arizona, Detroit, Miami, San Fran - Suck...but they know it.

Redskins - Suck, but every year we outspend the rest of the league, fans all predict Super Bowl victories, and blast any media outlet that says otherwise. Then the season falls apart, they blame injuries, the weather, the schedule, etc. Then March comes around and they manage the cap enough to find more players that will not live up to expectations. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Laughingstock? Yeah...I'd say so. Look around. The entire football world wants this team to fail. With reason.

Chicago? Not a laughing stock? WHO is their starting QB? WHO is their starting RB ? What is their identity? If anything they are currently a bigger joke then our beloved skins and the Danny.

so they have two positions that are struggling. RB is not so tough to fix. QB is however.

whats the skins "identity"? thats a pretty vague word you can toss around. the bears lost some guys this year due to injury and changed up some personel, and it didnt work out. losing your start DT to behavior issues, starting saftey, #1 corner can definitely hurt a defense, which was their biggest crutch. losing thomas jones hurt because hes obviously better than benson, and grossman still sucks.

theyve got a good core of players, one bad season after two very good ones shouldnt be cause to flip out for them.

Chicago - Super Bowl

Jets - Playoffs last year

Cincinnatti - Was a joke 5-6 years ago, but is decent now.

Arizona, Detroit, Miami, San Fran - Suck...but they know it.

Redskins - Suck, but every year we outspend the rest of the league, fans all predict Super Bowl victories, and blast any media outlet that says otherwise. Then the season falls apart, they blame injuries, the weather, the schedule, etc. Then March comes around and they manage the cap enough to find more players that will not live up to expectations. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Laughingstock? Yeah...I'd say so. Look around. The entire football world wants this team to fail. With reason.

so sad yet so true. its the outspending that irks me.

so they have two positions that are struggling. RB is not so tough to fix. QB is however.

whats the skins "identity"? thats a pretty vague word you can toss around. the bears lost some guys this year due to injury and changed up some personel, and it didnt work out. losing your start DT to behavior issues, starting saftey, #1 corner can definitely hurt a defense, which was their biggest crutch. losing thomas jones hurt because hes obviously better than benson, and grossman still sucks.

theyve got a good core of players, one bad season after two very good ones shouldnt be cause to flip out for them.

Why do they get the injury and change pass but we dont?

Our best player was murdered. Our #1 Corner IR. Our right side of our offensive line lost to injury.

Why do you defend Chicago, yet cant defend the skins there BLC?

Current Payrolls, just so we can talk educated.

Washington Redskins $ 123,408,019

New England Patriots $ 117,963,182

New Orleans Saints $ 110,417,011

Buffalo Bills $ 108,875,882

Kansas City Chiefs $ 108,482,459

Dallas Cowboys $ 107,376,072

San Francisco 49ers $ 106,877,077

Detroit Lions $ 106,731,910

Pittsburgh Steelers $ 106,293,914

Baltimore Ravens $ 104,997,764

Chicago Bears $ 104,151,969

Indianapolis Colts $ 102,786,398