Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: Todd Collins Is Named Nfc Offensive Player Of The Week(merged)

TK

Ummm......what the hell is right?

Jason Witten had a career day with 15 catches for 138 yards and a TD. The 15 catches by Witten tied Kellen Winslow's single-game league record for the most catches by a tight end since the 1970 NFL merger.

But Todd Collins is Player of the Week...:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Ummm......what the hell is right?

Jason Witten had a career day with 15 catches for 138 yards and a TD. The 15 catches by Witten tied Kellen Winslow's single-game league record for the most catches by a tight end since the 1970 NFL merger.

But Todd Collins is Player of the Week...:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Witten probably would've won it if he didn't fumble at the 1-yard line, forcing the comeback by Romo sits to pee.

Ahh yes...reminds me of when gus frerotte and patrick ramsey won the same award after they had their debuts...

(i know this isn't technically Collins "debut", but it's been so long since his last start, he comes certified pre-owned from Mercedes Benz).

Hot Damn! I'm no longer a "Cheerleader" I now have "Waterboy" status!! Woo! Hoo!

I was going to congratulate your upgraded avatar, then I saw you've been around here a long time. You're really pacing yourself well!:)

Now as for Collins. There are two thoughts I have about him right now. First of all, does anyone else get a sense of deja vu seeing #15 efficiently move the offense down the field?

Perhaps, Todd Collins 2007 = Brad Johnson of 2000?

Experienced and well-preserved. Not extremely mobile and equipped with an average arm. But able to grasp the offense and move the field effectively without making a lot of mistakes.

Secondly, Mr. Collins is not signed past this year. Normally, for a guy on the bench with his age I wouldn't be concerned. But if he shows well over the last 4 games (overall), which I hope he does, we could have a bidding war on our hands for his services next year. I mean look at the fuss 43-year old Testaverde caused when he was being courted by the Cards and Panthers earlier this season...

Archived