Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Woah... NFC WC could get crazier...

BleedinBurgNGold

People shouldnt be so sure the Giants are in as of yet. They have 3 very tough games ahead. Us, Bills in Buffalo, and against a Pats team that has a 1st RD bye and probably will be playing for perfection. If the Gnats lose all 3.. They are 9-7 which would be tied with us if we win our last 3. Also.. Are Conf. records will be the same at 7-5... Wowserz things sure as hell could get Hairy if NO or MIN finishing at 9-7 as well.

I'm not even sure about TIE breaking scenarios if thats the case...:gaintsuck :doh:

All I know is if we beat the Giants and Vikings we have a great shot at going. I dunno about New Orleans, I know as of right now they would go before us if we end up with the same record because they have a better NFC record. It's gonna be crazy, however, the only thing that is important to us is to keep winning. Lose...and we are done

Thats why this game is very important for the Giants too. Evrybody thinks that we are the " Desperate " Team, but the Giants KNOW that if they lose they might be in trouble.

Bottom line is this. We are in a tough spot sunday, and I dont know if we have the MAN POWER to pull this off.

I think Collins is going to get exposed. He was a career backup for a reason.

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.

1. If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.

2. If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head, if applicable.

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.

4. Strength of victory.

5. Strength of schedule.

6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

8. Best net points in conference games.

9. Best net points in all games.

10. Best net touchdowns in all games.

11. Coin toss.

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.

2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.

5. Strength of victory.

6. Strength of schedule.

7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

9. Best net points in conference games.

10. Best net points in all games.

11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

12. Coin toss

When the first Wild-Card team has been identified, the procedure is repeated to name the second Wild-Card, i.e., eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. In situations where three or more teams from the same division are involved in the procedure, the original seeding of the teams remains the same for subsequent applications of the tie breaker if the top-ranked team in that division qualifies for a Wild-Card berth.

Win out, root against New Orleans. All we need to know. I think we actually want the six seed not the five seed. The six is probably gonna play tampa in the first round. I'd rather travel there and play them than travel to Seattle and play the Seahawks, who by the way are playin strong right not. Not so fast Dallas. The SeaHags might have something for you.

Prefacing this post by stating that we must win all our games, only concentrate on the teams we're playing, yada yada yada (I've seen some posts criticizing these wildcard speculation threads).

So, if the Giants collapse and end up 9-7 and we win out and end up 9-7, then we look at head-to-head, which is a tie. Next we look to won/loss percentage in conference, which is also a tie. Next we look to won/loss percentage in common games (minimum of four games). Anybody know what that would look like?

Win out, root against New Orleans. All we need to know. I think we actually want the six seed not the five seed. The six is probably gonna play tampa in the first round. I'd rather travel there and play them than travel to Seattle and play the Seahawks, who by the way are playin strong right not. Not so fast Dallas. The SeaHags might have something for you.

The six is likely going to play Seattle.

The Seahawks are a game up on Tampa & they have tiebreaker.....

Prefacing this post by stating that we must win all our games, only concentrate on the teams we're playing, yada yada yada (I've seen some posts criticizing these wildcard speculation threads).

So, if the Giants collapse and up 9-7 and we win out and end up 9-7, then we look at head-to-head - tie. Next we look to won/loss percentage in conference - tie. Next we look to won/loss percentage in common games (minimum of four games). Anybody know what that would look like?

I have it broken down at home, but the redskins would win it. I think the Skins would be 7-5 while the Giants would be 5-7, but don't quote me on that.....

Eh, why not.

Common opponents (Based on Giants losing out & Redskins winning out.)

Dallas (X2)- Wash 1-1, Giants 0-2

Philly (X2)- Wash 1-1, Giants 2-0

New England- both losses

Buffalo- both losses

Miami- both wins

NY Jets- both wins

Detroit- both wins

Minnesota- Wash win, Giants loss

Bears- Both wins

Packers- both losses

Washington = 7-5

Giants= 6-6

Hey, I was right! :)

I wasn't disagreeing with you, or trying to add to what you said. Just adding my :2cents:

It's cool. I didn't think you were. Just wanted to make it clear that, IMO, the most important thing is that the Skins take care of their own business before worrying about others'.

Archived