Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you guys still think of Taylor everyday?

Skins4life2311

Every game I am looking to see that he is back there ready to hit the wr or come up and make a run stop, but he doesn't. It just makes me sad because really his best years were to come and he was going to make the Pro Bowl regardless of what happened. I do think about him right now daily. Over time that will change, but I will always remember the hardest hitting saftey that I have ever seen play the game will be gone.

I swear some of y'all act like he was your father or something. No i don't think of him everyday. I thought of him when it happened and the day he died, but come on am I the only one who thinks some of y'all are being a little creepy with your obsession with him and his passing?

This was a tragic event for sure. And a sad one. But I didn't know him personally and neither did any of you (save maybe one or two people). it's just a little weird.

I do every day. For as weird as it sounds, his death changed me. I have never lost anyone so it hit me very hard, harder than i would have expected. I now view life differantly, i use to be one of the people that would do anything, take on any dare, because i thought i was " the man" i thought nothing could ever happen to me. I use to think to be a "man" you had to be the tough guy.

Seans death made me re think alot of that. I know tomaro might not come, that every thing i do has an impact, that being a man is about being there for people you love, walking away from somethings, picking your battles.

RIP Sean Taylor.

I swear some of y'all act like he was your father or something. No i don't think of him everyday. I thought of him when it happened and the day he died, but come on am I the only one who thinks some of y'all are being a little creepy with your obsession with him and his passing?

This was a tragic event for sure. And a sad one. But I didn't know him personally and neither did any of you (save maybe one or two people). it's just a little weird.

I dont think you understand how some of us were/are die hard Sean Taylor fans, I feel like my family died. For me personally, he was my favorite player and more. Before Sean died everybody who knows me at work, home, school, or whatever knows I was his biggest fan. It didn't take his death for me to know how special he was.

Like I posted before, I used to go to the games to see ST, I used to go to the players parking lot to see ST, I risked being arrested by security jumping the fence to meet ST like the obsessed fan I was. This man was my idol, I pretty much saw him as a role model for myself. I used to watch his highlight videos over and over again for entertainment and to hype me up before football practice, I played Semi Pro Football and refused to play anything but safety because of ST. I bought $200.00 + football pads because I wanted the same ones Sean had lol.

Its funny how you said some of us are acting as if he was our father or something. My father died of cancer when I was 16. I went to bed with the false hope he would be better in the morning because of what I was told. When I woke up I was suprised to hear that he died, the circumstances are almost the same with Sean's death, I went to bed with hope only to wake up devestated.

I'm glad I got to meet him and let him know I thought he was the greatest ever, he was my hero, my idol, and favorite football player. If me showing how much I loved him creeps you out or whatever so be it.

Amen ChampSkinsFanatic...i'm feeling a little in denial and a little lightheaded when I think about it, because it is painful...and there is nothing wrong with that b/c that's how it was for us as fans, to be obsessed with sean taylor was just what we did/do. Touching story about your father, sorry to hear that pal.

I dont think you understand how some of us were/are die hard Sean Taylor fans, I feel like my family died. For me personally, he was my favorite player and more. Before Sean died everybody who knows me at work, home, school, or whatever knows I was his biggest fan. It didn't take his death for me to know how special he was.

Like I posted before, I used to go to the games to see ST, I used to go to the players parking lot to see ST, I risked being arrested by security jumping the fence to meet ST like the obsessed fan I was. This man was my idol, I pretty much saw him as a role model for myself. I used to watch his highlight videos over and over again for entertainment and to hype me up before football practice, I played Semi Pro Football and refused to play anything but safety because of ST. I bought $200.00 + football pads because I wanted the same ones Sean had lol.

Its funny how you said some of us are acting as if he was our father or something. My father died of cancer when I was 16. I went to bed with the false hope he would be better in the morning because of what I was told. When I woke up I was suprised to hear that he died, the circumstances are almost the same with Sean's death, I went to bed with hope only to wake up devestated.

I'm glad I got to meet him and let him know I thought he was the greatest ever, he was my hero, my idol, and favorite football player. If me showing how much I loved him creeps you out or whatever so be it.

Hey man, If you loved him that much, then great, It's just wierd to me how it can upset someone so much EVEN IF you were their biggest fan. I mean did Sean's death or your father's death upset you more? I would hope your fathers did as he is one of two who brought you into this world. I hope you can see where I'm coming from here. In the end he is a football player that we really knew little about in terms of who he was and such. Even more so with him because he conducted very few interviews. We only knew him through his play on the field. I will miss that for sure, I just can't understand how being familiar with that very small precentage of what makes up an entire human can make me sad still or make me think of him everyday.

Dude yeah ST still comes to mind daily, however I think it's more his daughter than him. We didn't know Sean on a personal level and now that the shock is gone. I am angry still that his daughter will never know her father. I am also still angry that ST was down there in the first place. Sean should have been here in this area and he would still be alive. It's a shame that as much as has been taken away from the black man, black men still take away from themselves. All this over quick money. Now we here reports that the 17 year old made the others stay in the house? Again everytime I think about this I have a full range of emotions but I would still like about 5 minutes with those wanna be thugs. I would surely show them a few things or two.

Mack

I don't get what the issue is here. We're Skins fans. Every time some jackass QB throws a pass down the middle or deep downfield, we're going to think of Sean. Every time I have to check my pistol or grab my Uruk-Hai sword because of some stray animal crossing the yard when I'm up late, I'm going to think of Sean.

What I don't understand is why some people are so interested in setting the boundaries of the emotions and the limits of their capacity for such sentiments regarding the loss of a beloved player.

I'm 30 now and nothing has or will (other than my mother, god forbid) affect me like my father dying. In the last 4 years or so my grandmother died and my grandfather on my mother's side died and even my pet rabbit who lived 11 years and was a connection to the immediate aftermath of my dad's death, died. These all affected me in their own way.

But I was surprised at just how strongly I felt Sean's loss. There's no shame in feeling the loss of your favorite player on a team that has been your constant companion for a quarter of a century.

It's not that I'm sitting here this week just dwelling on it but I see these 'draft a safety' threads and it still seems beyond comprehension that a Superman-like athlete who was on his way to building himself into a great man is gone. We won't know what it's like to have a Sean Taylor at age 40 show up to Skins events or be a part of the community or reflect on his best years or be a continuing part of our memory.

The Skins are an important part of peoples' lives here. It's why it's called EXTREMEskins. If that makes you uncomfortable, that's fine.

For me, I can think of no greater tribute, no greater accomplishment than to have people who never knew you personally mourn your passing.

People are capable of grieving more than one person in their lives, even of grieving more than one person they never knew. The memory of these people is an example for them, a symbol of hope and the triumph of the individual over death in making a lasting impression on even those who did not have a chance to truly love them.

Why not let Sean be that all-encompassing symbol of the beauty of youth and hope and the grim realization that we ALL will be taken? Why diminish or demean their feelings of loss? Maybe for most or all of them, feelings of loss related to others' passing are merely being re-awakened in them, which gives them the chance to experience those emotions again and give them further appreciation for both the fragility of life and for those that they loved.

Mack

I don't get what the issue is here. We're Skins fans. Every time some jackass QB throws a pass down the middle or deep downfield, we're going to think of Sean. Every time I have to check my pistol or grab my Uruk-Hai sword because of some stray animal crossing the yard when I'm up late, I'm going to think of Sean.

What I don't understand is why some people are so interested in setting the boundaries of the emotions and the limits of their capacity for such sentiments regarding the loss of a beloved player.

I'm 30 now and nothing has or will (other than my mother, god forbid) affect me like my father dying. In the last 4 years or so my grandmother died and my grandfather on my mother's side died and even my pet rabbit who lived 11 years and was a connection to the immediate aftermath of my dad's death, died. These all affected me in their own way.

But I was surprised at just how strongly I felt Sean's loss. There's no shame in feeling the loss of your favorite player on a team that has been your constant companion for a quarter of a century.

It's not that I'm sitting here this week just dwelling on it but I see these 'draft a safety' threads and it still seems beyond comprehension that a Superman-like athlete who was on his way to building himself into a great man is gone. We won't know what it's like to have a Sean Taylor at age 40 show up to Skins events or be a part of the community or reflect on his best years or be a continuing part of our memory.

The Skins are an important part of peoples' lives here. It's why it's called EXTREMEskins. If that makes you uncomfortable, that's fine.

For me, I can think of no greater tribute, no greater accomplishment than to have people who never knew you personally mourn your passing.

People are capable of grieving more than one person in their lives, even of grieving more than one person they never knew. The memory of these people is an example for them, a symbol of hope and the triumph of the individual over death in making a lasting impression on even those who did not have a chance to truly love them.

Why not let Sean be that all-encompassing symbol of the beauty of youth and hope and the grim realization that we ALL will be taken? Why diminish or demean their feelings of loss? Maybe for most or all of them, feelings of loss related to others' passing are merely being re-awakened in them, which gives them the chance to experience those emotions again and give them further appreciation for both the fragility of life and for those that they loved.

Dude you are kind of proving my point here. I'm not diminishing anything. Nor am i setting "emotional boundaries". Just saying its a little wierd to me.

Mack

Wow I am impressed you surely speak and write far above your age of 30. Ever think about a career in writing? :point2sky

Hey man, If you loved him that much, then great, It's just wierd to me how it can upset someone so much EVEN IF you were their biggest fan. I mean did Sean's death or your father's death upset you more? I would hope your fathers did as he is one of two who brought you into this world. I hope you can see where I'm coming from here. In the end he is a football player that we really knew little about in terms of who he was and such. Even more so with him because he conducted very few interviews. We only knew him through his play on the field. I will miss that for sure, I just can't understand how being familiar with that very small precentage of what makes up an entire human can make me sad still or make me think of him everyday.

The thing is that everyone is different. You shouldn't be telling people that missing and thinking about Sean Taylor is 'weird' and what not.

I think of him, but not every hour maybe once a day. When we have had bad seasons in the past years since drafting him. ST is what we leaned on, and for me it was kinda like the way we leaned on Lavar. In my mind im happy knowing where Sean is now, he was chosen by God for a reason IMO. I have tried to take something positive out of the whole situation, and that is you cant take the ones you love for granted. I have a little girl, and this tragedy reminded me to spend every second of my spare time with her. I guess I let my faith carry me and it has gotten me threw this. I have made peace and doing my best to move on, its still tough but getting much better.:logo:

This is a nice post but God never kills, when God wants you, you walk into heaven. There was only 1 man God ever called and he surely didn't die in the normal fashion. There is no positive other than oneday soon the people that killed Sean will meet God and be judged and burn in the fires of hell. :2cents:

Pats Fan I think you summed it up nicely. If people are still obessing over the death of someone they didn't know, maybe they have deeper issues that need to be addressed.

I agree with that. But the times I do think about it I am just sad for Sean I guess. He had a full life/career ahead of him. The only other sporting death that made me think was Dale Earnhardt, but he had accomplished everything. Sean had a lot more to do.

The thing is that everyone is different. You shouldn't be telling people that missing and thinking about Sean Taylor is 'weird' and what not.

I'm not telling people that missing and thinking about Sean Taylor is wierd. I'm saying that missing and thinking about someone for an EXTENDED period of time that you didn't even know and only knew through your favorite team is wierd. Sorry man but it kind of is.

Archived