Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you guys still think of Taylor everyday?

Skins4life2311

I think of him whenever I think of our team.

Which is all the time.

On Thursday at the game, all I could think/say was, "If Taylor were out there, then that would've been a touchdown. If Taylor were out there, that would've been a sack. If Taylor were out there, then that would've been returned for six."

Miss you.

I still think about him every day. In fact, it's kind of hard for me to not think about him every day since I have his poster hanging on the back of the door to my apartment so I have no choice but to look at it every time I walk out the door. I had thought about moving it the other day just so I didn't have to deal with the heartache and pain that comes from looking it it. But then I thought about it and decided that I should leave it there because I noticed that ever since ST's passing, I would take a pause before leaving my apartment and think about my life. Where I've been and where I'm going. I think about how Sean was turning his life around just like I've been turning my life around. I think that's why he's my favorite player. Because I can relate to him. Anyway, the poster sends me a message every time I leave my home. It tells me to think about my life, appreciate it and respect it and to try and make good decisions. And I think Sean would have wanted it that way.

meast4eva

On Friday night my girlfriend walks into our computer room and see's me sobbing like a baby. She said that I've got to stop watching all of those videos on ST because I'm driving myself crazy. I think she's right. Watching endless tribute and highlight vids isn't going to bring him back. It's just going to break me up even more.

This is exactly what happened with my self and wife just last night. She's not much of a football fan and if anything she roots for "da bears" since she grew up in Chicago and us currently living there as well. She knows how much I love the Redskins so from time to time she puts in a effort to watch their games with me, she even cried twice watching tribute videos of Taylor. NFL networks tribute she got upset and said "God, do they have to do this every time they play?"

When the Skins blocked the first fieldgoal she cheered along with me! Dec. 6 2007, we gained yet a new member of the Redskin Family, thnx to ST.

I think of Sean all the time. Im glad to see there are still other people out there who still think of ST. I do not want his memory and what he did for this team to be forgotten. ST had unlimmited potential. Its not telling what he stat sheet would look like 10 years from now.

I thought i had reached "closure" on his death. I have a picture of him as my desktop background and have worn his jersey to the last two games. So i "see" him many times throughout the day. When i watched players club yesterday and they showed the tribute again, it was obvious i was not over it. I balled my eyes out, i don't think i can ever watch that tribute video again.

not sure if we'll ever get over it, he will always be remembered and I think all of our success in the future will be dedicated to him, his life, his family in some way. He came to us quickly and left us the same and everyone accepted him and loved him. He will truly be missed for the player, man, and person he was....

Yes and No, No because it is Macabre and mentally UNHEALTHY to dwell on death. Yes, because I come to extremeskins everyday. (Maybe it is to be reminded, I dont know). After 9/11, the effing DC sniper, Katrina, and the Tech shootings (I am not saying that sean's death was at the level of these tragedies, but it was a tragedy nonetheless) I came to realize that a moribund state of grief and reflection of death via news media (especially photographs, videos, and articles designed to commemorate the victims of tragedy) can cause depression. To much of this stuff can hinder your grief rather than help you to close it. If you want to continue to grieve, do so outside the realm of news media. Stop reading articles and write one yourself, stop agreeing with people about sean and decide what it is that YOU really liked about him. Draw a picture, write a letter, fly a kite; go do something other than reading the thousandth article or watching the millionth youtube tribute video. My advice to those still uncapable of constantly thinking about Sean is to step back from the board, thats right take some time off from ES, and do something you love. Too much grief and mourning is unhealthy. I myself, have decided to follow my own advice, see you guys on FRI.

Archived