Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

44, 178 and 235 for CP

Dance04

How about an offensive line? How about that 56-yard catch and run? How about actually WATCHING the games?

How about reading what I said.. I said CREATE YARDS.. that what elite RBs do. If you got nothing you make something happen. I think you know what I meant, running the ball only!

Tell you something else, I've been hearing that same O line excuse all year. That's all you got? It's never Portis always the line. How many weeks must this go on before it's finally his overrated lack of talent? It is YOU my friend who is not watching.. or just not seeing.

How many weeks must this go on before it's finally his overrated lack of talent? It is YOU my friend who is not watching.. or just not seeing.

Look at his numbers. He's produced his whole career. He puts it on the line for the team every time he plays. So he's overrated how?

Take the long view. Not a game-by-game what have you done for me lately view.

How about reading what I said.. I said CREATE YARDS.. that what elite RBs do. If you got nothing you make something happen. I think you know what I meant, running the ball only!

Tell you something else, I've been hearing that same O line excuse all year. That's all you got? It's never Portis always the line. How many weeks must this go on before it's finally his overrated lack of talent? It is YOU my friend who is not watching.. or just not seeing.

go read my thread I just created

Look at his numbers. He's produced his whole career. He puts it on the line for the team every time he plays. So he's overrated how?

Take the long view. Not a game-by-game what have you done for me lately view.

If he has produced his whole career how come no Pro Bowls in Washington in a weak Conference? 3.7 ypc is his season average.

If he has produced his whole career how come no Pro Bowls in Washington in a weak Conference?

2004- was playing in an offense that was dated "1984"

2005- got SCREWED by Dunn ( he had more TD's and more yards then Dunn)

2006- put on IR halfway through the season

2004- was playing in an offense that was dated "1984"

2005- got SCREWED by Dunn ( he had more TD's and more yards then Dunn)

2006- put on IR halfway through the season

exactly. he should have def. made it in 05 but w/e. If he averages at least 85 yards and a TD over the last 3 games, he should get into the pro bowl this year. 1200+ yards and 10 TDs should do it.

44 yards to reach 1,000 for the year

178 yards to reach 4,500 as a skin (4th all time)

235 yards to pass Terrell Davis for 42nd all time

These are all within your reach to close out the year. All you need is 79 Yards a game. Go do it and make us proud!

:point2sky

That's great and all. But I still think the guy has been a bust with the Redskins.

Are you kidding? In '05 Portis was the sole reason our team even smelled the playoffs. Since then his coaching and O-line have been exorbitantly subpar.

You can't put all the blame on coaching and the O-line. Those are just excuses. You are kidding yourself if you believe we have gotten the same runner from Denver. He hasn't lived up to expectations here. Its sad, but true. I'm not saying I don't like the guy, though. I love his toughness. He is definitely one of the best blocking RBs in the NFL. But he's still been somewhat of a disappointment here.

You can't put all the blame on coaching and the O-line. Those are just excuses. You are kidding yourself if you believe we have gotten the same runner from Denver. He hasn't lived up to expectations here. Its sad, but true. I'm not saying I don't like the guy, though. I love his toughness. He is definitely one of the best blocking RBs in the NFL. But he's still been somewhat of a disappointment here.

Come on. Everyone knows that Denver's system produces RBs. He was a great runner in Denver, but the holes he was running through...it was as easy as throwing a hot dog down a hallway. He fights for every yard here. I can't blame our O-line this year as they've been decimated by injury, in every sense of the word, but I don't think an ounce of blame should go to Portis.

go CP! 1,000 yards on the year. Now has reached 1,000 yards in each season except his injured season.

one marker down, 2 more to go.

updated:

52 yards to reach 4,500 as a skin

103 yards to go to pass Terrell Davis for 42nd all time.

Easily within reach

Archived