Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

44, 178 and 235 for CP

Dance04

44 yards to reach 1,000 for the year

178 yards to reach 4,500 as a skin (4th all time)

235 yards to pass Terrell Davis for 42nd all time

These are all within your reach to close out the year. All you need is 79 Yards a game. Go do it and make us proud!

:point2sky

managable but the O-line will need to play extremely well

we are going to be facing a very distruptive giants D,that screws up runs. then we face the vikes who are like a brick wall.toss in dallas who is very stout.

I think he'll make 2/3

severely doubt all of them unless he ahs like a 200 yard game next week.

Good to see people being positive on Clinton Portis. I was beginning to think that I was the only Redskins fan left that loved this guy. I think he will end up being one of the greatest ever. If we can get a health/semi-decent line in front of this guy he has a great surge.

Go for it Portis!

Our o-line has been pretty schizo this year. Not that I'm surprised by that, considering all the injuries/changes. Maybe if Randy gets going, he can get all 3. It would be the quietest 1,200 yard season that I could recall.

Mabye with the prescene of our lord and savior Todd Collin, defenses will back off a little bit.:)

Clinton got on a great roll, but he's slumped in recent weeks. Obviously the offensive line is not blameless for that. But even on his 50 yard catch and run against the Bears this week, he seemed to me to be running tentatively the whole way.

I hope he gains that confident burst, because we're going to need a running threat down the home stretch. Defenses will have little fear of Todd Collins beating them deep.

Clinton got on a great roll, but he's slumped in recent weeks. Obviously the offensive line is not blameless for that. But even on his 50 yard catch and run against the Bears this week, he seemed to me to be running tentatively the whole way.

:rolleyes:

Only a Redskins fan could find fault in a 50-yard play that only Portis could make.

These are all within your reach to close out the year. All you need is 79 Yards a game. Go do it and make us proud!

:point2sky

235 over the next 3 games would be helpful...might actually help us win 3 games.

So here's to CP for getting after these numbers!

He was slowing down to let his blockers catch up. That's a vet being smart. If he didn't, it would only have been a 30 yard run.

He was slowing down to let his blockers catch up. That's a vet being smart. If he didn't, it would only have been a 30 yard run.

Yeah that was part of it. I don't know, though, I just got the sense that he seemed indecisive and surprised to be in open space right after he caught the ball, and was tentative in his moves. But hey, I can't argue with the results on that play. . .

Another example of what I saw was on a sweep left, where if he just put on a burst he could have turned the corner. Instead he decided to just cut upfield and put his head down for a couple of yards. The outside contain didn't have that great of an angle on him, but he just gave it up instead of turning on the jets to the outside.

I love Clinton Portis. I think his toughness as a football player is often overlooked. I just think he's been in a slump. One I hope he breaks out of soon.

How about more than 3.7 yards per carry? How bout more than 2 yards each run the last 2 games? How about breaking a tackle, cutting back or otherwise creating some yards? Huh? How about winning some games for us? How about earning his overinflated, salary cap prison contract!

How about more than 3.7 yards per carry? How bout more than 2 yards each run the last 2 games? How about breaking a tackle, cutting back or otherwise creating some yards? Huh? How about earning his overinflated, salary cap prison contract!

How about an offensive line? How about that 56-yard catch and run? How about actually WATCHING the games?

How about an offensive line? How about that 56-yard catch and run? How about actually WATCHING the games?

right on NC. Stay online for a bit, i am about to make a thread concerning the OL. I just watched the last 2 games again, and i compiled a bunch of stats regarding the running game

You're right, the offensive line has done him no favors the last 2 or 3 games. Randy Thomas began his comeback last week with a few snaps. If he can get back into the flow, I suspect we'll see more running room for Portis down the stretch.

Archived