Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Landry Sends Message

staffva

I love Landry, so don't take this the wrong way. I mean this in a positive... But, isn't he a little dirty. I think you need to be to intimidate people, but he seems to hit you no matter what. I love it about him, there's nothing wrong with being a little dirty.

Hit was legal, leading with helmet is not...that is why he was flagged...even my wife knew that guys...

We're not saying it didn't deserve a flag (some of us anyway). We are saying we don't care. Sometimes a flag is worth it, and in this case it was.

ST was smarter NOW than hitting that late. I seem to recall a few late his on ST in the past few years, but he was hitting his stride with timing the hits. LL does not have the hands that ST did, but our receivers have had some of the same problems this year too.

I agree that that hit was a message to be sent for Sean, but Sean was smarter than hitting that late.

Don't hate me though, because I love the fact that he made that hit, after that no one on the bears wanted to catch a pass.

He made a huge mistake that kept a drive alive. It easily could have cost us, and if it had, people wouldn't be saying they were fine with it. I love the fact he knocked the crap outta that guy, but it was really late, and a good flag. Come on guys...playing good football and getting the bears off the field is a good message to send, not a late hit penalty.

We're not saying it didn't deserve a flag (some of us anyway). We are saying we don't care. Sometimes a flag is worth it, and in this case it was.

It definitely deserved a flag, and I cannot see people arguing otherwise, but this is football.

If it takes that to send a message, and we give up 15, so be it. The Bears were NOT coming back, our D owned them all day - we allowed 1 TD all day.

I can't wait to see LaRon put a few of those on T.O.

In Total Agreeance:cheers:

In due time I think Landry will be one of the best safeties in the league. He can cover and can deliver punishment. He needs to be smart but I wouldn't change nothing in terms of the punishing hits. Trust me, just like Sean Taylor, WR's around the league will start to peak and see where he is before the ball is snapped. He's playing well for a rookie to me. He's breaking on the ball well but he's gotta make those picks.

He did NOT lead with his helmet. He was flagged for a hit on a defenseless receiver.

it was close...I was there in that endzone during game and he was going to the hit before (I think) he knew the ball was overthrown. I thought he lead to much with the helmet there. BUT i still like the intimidation factor, of your going to get hit out there by us.

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but me dad and I couldn't be the only one who saw Taylor in his first year, all throughout this game. The blowing up a defenseless receiver just to strike the fear of God in him, the dropping Ints because he was trying to run with them, all that balls to the wall "Try to make the huge play, every time" attitude Taylor always had. He just needs to be molded, just the way Taylor was, and he will be huge for us.

I swear I think these folks forget that He is a ROOKIE. GEEZUZ. Give the Man time, Damn!

I dont think thats what the message was....go back and look at film from ST's rookie yr, actually you can go back to last yr if you want.....he had his fair share of personal fouls and "stupid" plays but what did that get him? how many receivers were scared to death of him? he changed the way wrs did things when he was out there...short term, those types of things may be counterproductive but in the long run we need nastiness like that....Hes a rookie, its not the end of the world!!!!

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but me dad and I couldn't be the only one who saw Taylor in his first year, all throughout this game. The blowing up a defenseless receiver just to strike the fear of God in him, the dropping Ints because he was trying to run with them, all that balls to the wall "Try to make the huge play, every time" attitude Taylor always had. He just needs to be molded, just the way Taylor was, and he will be huge for us.

This has been my feeling....as LaRon matures, he will still strike fear in receivers, but he will begin to make smarter plays which will equate to fewer penalties and more picks.

Archived