Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Landry Sends Message

staffva

its so refreshing to log on and see this post....for a second i thought i was the only one who was encouraged by that play....late hit? yes def. deserve a flag? yes def. (if that was one of our wrs on the receiving end of that hit, everyone who said it shouldnt have been a flag wouldve been crying)....but none of that matters....Taylor had an attitude/aggressiveness/nastiness that I was almost certain nobody on this team could replicate...but Landry showed that receivers arent gonna just run wild in the middle of the field, ur gonna pay the price for running your routes....its been that way for almost 4 yrs now and im glad to see that its gonna stay that way for some time to come....

Sounds like some of you rather see the sportscenter hit then what the result of the play was that could of had a big outcome on the game.

Landry did not even know where the ball was. He was just going to knock someone out. ALL 3 refs threw flags on the play. I guess they where Bears fans huh?

What if the roles where reversed. What if that was Roy Williams hitting Moss like that after a play, there was would be a thread on how late the hit was and how dirty Roy Williams is.

Is the message that we still have a safety who will take a stupid 15-yarder at any time?

The thing that was really exciting about Sean's development was that he had mostly stopped this nonsense this year. Having a safety who will take stupid penalties to feed his ego is not a good thing.

I dont think thats what the message was....go back and look at film from ST's rookie yr, actually you can go back to last yr if you want.....he had his fair share of personal fouls and "stupid" plays but what did that get him? how many receivers were scared to death of him? he changed the way wrs did things when he was out there...short term, those types of things may be counterproductive but in the long run we need nastiness like that....Hes a rookie, its not the end of the world!!!!

He keeps it up he's gonna be in the Harrison "dirty player" category soon enough.

Might as well include Roy Williams while you talk about dirty players... That said, I'd take Harrison over Williams any day and I'd be giddy as hell if Landry turns out to be a player in the mold of Rodney Harrison.

I dont think thats what the message was....go back and look at film from ST's rookie yr, actually you can go back to last yr if you want.....he had his fair share of personal fouls and "stupid" plays but what did that get him? how many receivers were scared to death of him? he changed the way wrs did things when he was out there...short term, those types of things may be counterproductive but in the long run we need nastiness like that....Hes a rookie, its not the end of the world!!!!

Which recievers where scared to death of him? Which ones did you talk too? Can you list some examples of when it changed the way WR's did things out there?

Let me help you out for a second, the Pinkston play, it was not Taylor that scared him....

Is the message that we still have a safety who will take a stupid 15-yarder at any time?

The thing that was really exciting about Sean's development was that he had mostly stopped this nonsense this year. Having a safety who will take stupid penalties to feed his ego is not a good thing.

but but but it was a great hit man, whats wrong with you. He laid him out and its going to be all over TV! Who cares about the 15 yards that put them in the RedZone

Thats football man!

Which recievers where scared to death of him? Which ones did you talk too? Can you list some examples of when it changed the way WR's did things out there?

Let me help you out for a second, the Pinkston play, it was not Taylor that scared him....

Heard of someone named TO? go watch the film....and id also like to add Chad Johnson was at the funeral and was interviewed afterwards...he said he didnt want to go over the middle w/ Taylor back there and his presence affected the way he played against the skins.....those are HIS words.....I think those two qualify as 2 of the top 10 receivers in football......anything else?

Might as well include Roy Williams while you talk about dirty players... That said, I'd take Harrison over Williams any day and I'd be giddy as hell if Landry turns out to be a player in the mold of Rodney Harrison.

Williams teeters the line of "dirty players" and makes his stupid plays from time to time.

But Harrison is quite possibly the king of "dirty players".

The second I saw that play I thought of ST, it looked like a ST play and it looked like a flag the refs would've thrown just for ST being ST. I don't know if it was paying homage by LL or by the refs. Either way, that will be the 1st and last time I will be happy about a personal foul flag!

it was a bad hit and a good call by the officials.

that said, i was MORE than happy he took that shot. i watch these sean taylor videos and i see that raw passion, hits out of bounds, trash talking...i'd love to see landry get in that mold. once he learns to control that passion, he'll be dangerous.

Heard of someone named TO? go watch the film....and id also like to add Chad Johnson was at the funeral and was interviewed afterwards...he said he didnt want to go over the middle w/ Taylor back there and his presence affected the way he played against the skins.....those are HIS words.....I think those two qualify as 2 of the top 10 receivers in football......anything else?

TO huh, what did he do to scare him? I remember the 15 yard penalty for the late hit.

TO has had these kinda games against the skins since Taylor was here.

What an idiot.

Taylor was not here but hard hitting Landry was

173 yards, 4 TD's

12 Yards, 0 TD's

76 yards, 1 TD

Did Not Play

24 yards, 1 TD

46 yards, 0 TD

So he scored in half the games he played against us, and had recently had 4 TD's with the hard hitting Landry in.

I never have heard TO say anything about Taylor and if he was scared, have you.

with Johnson, he might be telling the truth, he might be exaggerating cause it was a funeral. If Chad meant it, he was the only person ever to say anything. I guess Taylor had a lot of influence against Chad since we only played them one time...

Taylor stop going for the "Sports Center" hits and started playing the ball, and guess what, everyone EVERYONE was saying this was his best year, and he was a lock to make the probowl, and was the leading vote getter at Saftey. I guess playing smarter then trying to destory someone isnt such a bad thing.

it was a bad hit and a good call by the officials.

that said, i was MORE than happy he took that shot. i watch these sean taylor videos and i see that raw passion, hits out of bounds, trash talking...i'd love to see landry get in that mold. once he learns to control that passion, he'll be dangerous.

Are you for real or are you that high?

You love to see the hit out of bounds, the trash talking, but you want him to control that passion? What do you call hitting out of bounds and trash talking, you call it control?

WTF?

Loved the hit.

Those of you who are whining about it should start watching Soccer. You can see all the flops and prima donnas you want there.

I'm sticking with Football.

Those of you that loved the hit, go watch SportsCenter, you can see all the hard hits, and slam dunks you can see.

I will stick to watching smart, winning football.

I like the hit myself...send them a message. It wasn't a idiotic play....good hit Laron!

Yea, putting them in the Redzone is not an idiotic play. You are right.

WTF is wrong with people, seriously?

Everyone cries how we cant close the game, that we give up 2nd half leads. If they score a TD on that drive, it is 14 - 7. They score another TD right after that field goal it becomes 14 - 14.

You can guess what happens the rest of the way.

Archived