Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Landry Sends Message

staffva

TO huh, what did he do to scare him? I remember the 15 yard penalty for the late hit.

TO has had these kinda games against the skins since Taylor was here.

What an idiot.

Taylor was not here but hard hitting Landry was

173 yards, 4 TD's

12 Yards, 0 TD's

76 yards, 1 TD

Did Not Play

24 yards, 1 TD

46 yards, 0 TD

So he scored in half the games he played against us, and had recently had 4 TD's with the hard hitting Landry in.

I never have heard TO say anything about Taylor and if he was scared, have you.

with Johnson, he might be telling the truth, he might be exaggerating cause it was a funeral. If Chad meant it, he was the only person ever to say anything. I guess Taylor had a lot of influence against Chad since we only played them one time...

Taylor stop going for the "Sports Center" hits and started playing the ball, and guess what, everyone EVERYONE was saying this was his best year, and he was a lock to make the probowl, and was the leading vote getter at Saftey. I guess playing smarter then trying to destory someone isnt such a bad thing.

dude i fail to see your point...where are you going w/ this? I said Taylor installed fear in receivers hearts....have I spoken to any receivers and confirmed this? no...but its safe to assume that he had an impact on the game defensively thru the way he played which was extremely aggressive....all im saying is that Im glad Landry hit Mushin the way he did and got the flag b/c now that we no longer have ST w/ us there is nobody else out there w/ an edge. hopefully this was another step in Landry developing one. Period, now if you want to go find more irrelevant stats to refute my claims be my guest...

Are you for real or are you that high?

You love to see the hit out of bounds, the trash talking, but you want him to control that passion? What do you call hitting out of bounds and trash talking, you call it control?

WTF?

He's saying he loves to see him being aggressive but wants him to discover the line between aggressive and over-aggressive play. Something that ST had plenty of problems with his first couple of years in the league but it also helped him get the intimidating rep he had. LL seems to have a similar attitude and desire and that's a good thing. Nobodys WANTS him to commit penalties but you like to see that he has that mean streak in him.

dude i fail to see your point...where are you going w/ this? I said Taylor installed fear in receivers hearts....have I spoken to any receivers and confirmed this? no...but its safe to assume that he had an impact on the game defensively thru the way he played which was extremely aggressive....all im saying is that Im glad Landry hit Mushin the way he did and got the flag b/c now that we no longer have ST w/ us there is nobody else out there w/ an edge. hopefully this was another step in Landry developing one. Period, now if you want to go find more irrelevant stats to refute my claims be my guest...

Safe to assume? lol. You know what happens when you assume.

Def. Coordinators feared ST because the way he got all over the field, the way he can make up ground, the way he is always in the mix. Did he hit, of course he did, but did he put "fear" in the hearts of big men running with pads and helmets, I wouldnt go so far to say that.

Def. Coordinators feared ST because the way he got all over the field, the way he can make up ground, the way he is always in the mix. Did he hit, of course he did, but did he put "fear" in the hearts of big men running with pads and helmets, I wouldnt go so far to say that.

Dude you cannot dispute that ST was known as an intimidator on the field due in large part due to his tough hits. Google "Sean Taylor intimidating" and you'll get all kinds of stories with mentions of it.

Uh, Landys hit was crooked guys. Come on now, the ball was way overthrow and was already on the ground when he came in and hit him.
i completely missed the ball on the play. but i think that if the wr gets a hand on the ball he should be able to be hit, whether he comes down with it or not.

that said...how long after MM touched the ball, or it passed him, did LL come with the wood?

He's saying he loves to see him being aggressive but wants him to discover the line between aggressive and over-aggressive play. Something that ST had plenty of problems with his first couple of years in the league but it also helped him get the intimidating rep he had. LL seems to have a similar attitude and desire and that's a good thing. Nobodys WANTS him to commit penalties but you like to see that he has that mean streak in him.

No, he said he LOVED the over aggressive plays. ST rep hurt him when there was a close call about something being a PF, they would call it.

The Superbowl teams that Washington had, say for example 92 team. We didnt have big hitters. We had SMART defensive players.

F bit hits, I want good defensive plays, I want players to play like a Todd Bowles, Brad Edwards, Monte Coleman, Wilber Marshall, Charles Mann, Darrell Green, Martin Meyhew.

Dude you cannot dispute that ST was known as an intimidator on the field due in large part due to his tough hits. Google "Sean Taylor intimidating" and you'll get all kinds of stories with mentions of it.
All I see is how fans talk about him.

I guess that intimidation really helped out our defense last year right. It scared all the offensive players to the endzone...

I agree that that hit was a message to be sent for Sean, but Sean was smarter than hitting that late.

Don't hate me though, because I love the fact that he made that hit, after that no one on the bears wanted to catch a pass.

Sean made the same mistakes early on, he was flagged often for late hits.

Uh, Landys hit was crooked guys. Come on now, the ball was way overthrow and was already on the ground when he came in and hit him.

it's called football, not soccer. it was a little late but who gives an eff. there's a difference b/w a dline man moving in a 4 yard box and not slowing down before hitting a qb and a safety covering a 50 yard box at full sprint. hits happen. grow up and deal with it. it wasn't dirty at all. it was just a little late.

OMG!!!! wtf? do you enjoy nitpicking or is it just in your personality to do so? Your reference to "big men running in pads and helmets" implying they have no reason to be scared of other players....would you like to go read this weeks injury report? i believe everyone in the league wears pads and helmets, yet any/every player is susceptile to injury at the hands of another player.....there are players in the league who are feared simply b/c of the impact/visciousness of their hits....pads or no pads you dont want to be hit by certain players especially not when they have the angle on you...Taylor was one of those players....its a simple game my friend, very simple

People are over processing this hit, there's really only one thing to say

Laron Landry is a ROOKIE!!!!!

Although that does not completely excuse a late hit, it does explain why he had made the mistake.....a lot of you are acting as if Laron can't learn to make the smart plays because he can and will......after all this is only his FIRST season, a lot of players have made there mistakes as a rookie, but they learn from them and so will he.....!!!!!!

HTTR :D

I know we took a 15 yard penalty but Landry sent a message to the WR's out there that Sean may be gone but your still going to get hit and hit hard.

Just in case any of them thought they could relax now.

That is some of the same **** Sean did back in his first two years. Honestly, I wasn't too mad about it because it reminded me alot of Sean when he was setting a tone back in the day.

It was surely a message..

But landry has been ruffing people up all season..

You have to do it in the league to make name and be feared as a safety..

Just think back to guys like

Dirty waters

chuck cecil

Ronnie lott

Those dudes would knock your block off..

Sean Taylor was cobsidered dirty and a late hitter early on too

but as a safety they'll trade a few fines and penalties for gator arms down the line ..

When a player is fined the hit is shown nation wide and it sends a message..

this is not tennis its football a gladiator sport

I know we took a 15 yard penalty but Landry sent a message to the WR's out there that Sean may be gone but your still going to get hit and hit hard.

Just in case any of them thought they could relax now.

A cheap shot is a cheap shot and nothing else. Not a message, not "tough" - it was a cheap shot. Sean Taylor got respect when he started not worrying about the BIG hit, but instead focused on the ball first, then the tackle. Skins don't want Landry to be another Rodney Harrison type player. Play tough, but don't be cheap.

No, a message is some guy trying to catch a ball over the middle, then absolutely drilling him causing him to drop the ball. Giving a free 15 yards to a WR that will take it EVERY time is just stupid. He knew it to the moment he did it.

Thats not a message, thats cheap and dirty. Those are other human beings out there, and other lives that deserve some respect. Until he gives it, he wont get it.

The way Landry played last night is precisely the reason I think he will be so good. He comes out and plays in full force. The hit may have been a little uncalled for, but I think right now he is trying to make sure people know that just because he's a rookie doesn't mean you can take advantage of him. I really wish I could get the clip of that hit again- it was on nfl.com for a few minutes after the game.

The way he has been developing this season has really reinforced the good feeling I got after watching him at LSU. Like others have said, I really noticed how on almost every play he was either making the play or in on the play. That sort of energy is going to make him a valuable. Even though he dropped a couple of int's last night, I think next season those will be caught.

Yeah, and I thought that personal foul penalty was a terrible call. What's Landry supposed to do - be able to predict that the receiver would drop the ball?

It was the correct call, but I like what he did, because it lets the league know that He has knockout shots also.....it was Laron's hit with Sean's spirit.

Watching Landry reminds me so much of watching Taylor his first few years.

You see these hits he lays and go "WOO". Then you see him lay an even bigger one, but at a very stupid time, and get a penatly and you go "Come on kid, use your head".

Taylor finally was learning how to lay the big hit when it was needed, use the threat of it to disrupt when needed, and how NOT to take the stupid penalty. I think Landry will learn it as well. But it took ST about 2 years to really get that into his head, and I think it'll be similar for LL

Archived